Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Promotional articles like this can only help lift us out of the "small, plucky club" perception. It is hard to convince the younger fans that we were once a mighty force to be reckoned with. Of course, we will ultimately be judged not on how much money we have in the piggy bank, but what we do with it. It's what is read between the lines that has me excited for the future, such as having a business plan, management structure, future investment, mega rich friends, team development and of course the stadium. Everton was an icon of the game, back in the day. We need to get back to that status, but we just need to be patient. Exciting times ahead!

Promotional articles like this can only help lift us out of the "small, plucky club" perception. It is hard to convince the younger fans that we were once a mighty force to be reckoned with. Of course, we will ultimately be judged not on how much money we have in the piggy bank, but what we do with it. It's what is read between the lines that has me excited for the future, such as having a business plan, management structure, future investment, mega rich friends, team development and of course the stadium. Everton was an icon of the game, back in the day. We need to get back to that status, but we just need to be patient. Exciting times ahead!

Doesn't really matter if we can convince them we were once a mighty force, these days the kids want to be supporting the team that is the mighty force right now. The best way we can change the perception of our club is by winning things. Leicester are getting some respect because they've won the league, kids in America, China, and Mexico all know who they are because of it.

Doesn't really matter if we can convince them we were once a mighty force, these days the kids want to be supporting the team that is the mighty force right now. The best way we can change the perception of our club is by winning things. Leicester are getting some respect because they've won the league, kids in America, China, and Mexico all know who they are because of it.
Agreed, bright shiny trophies and with it the media exposure success brings is what best promotes a team, but it is never a bad thing to have a sense of history and pride as well. The sad thing for me is, we never really built the brand name during our years of success the same way others have. We have truly suffered from too many years of financial neglect and poor marketing. I, for one am excited by the prospect of this new injection of cash and ambition. Like I said, patients will be needed, as it takes a lot of time to build the kind of status that attracts kids around the world. Leicester are only just beginning to build something. We are trying to rebuild/renovate something that should never have fallen into ruin in the first place.

Errrr.......bit concerned about this paragraph in the Mail article:

Although not present at the club every day, Moshiri has been hands-on when it comes to the issue of a new stadium, most recently meeting with the mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, and Kenwright to discuss options in London.

:mad:

Although not present at the club every day, Moshiri has been hands-on when it comes to the issue of a new stadium, most recently meeting with the mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, and Kenwright to discuss options in London.

How is that concerning?

My understanding is that the article says they met in London, not that they're interested in moving to London.

Lol they were discussing options, in London.

Or are you taking the pee?

It's important to remember that just because the owner has a lot of money doesn't mean he's going to spend much of it on improving the club. I think we've seen enough examples of that happening with other clubs... But I think we got one of the good ones. lol

Yeah, the wealth of the owner means nothing really, There are plenty of owners of other clubs that are richer than Farhad but they don't really invest.

Wasn't Robert Earl worth around £750M or something like that? Whilst he was here he never put a single solitary penny into Everton, his lasting legacy was getting Sylvester Stallone to work on the pitch against Reading.

It is all well and good having the investment but how rich your owner is doesn't really mean jack [Poor language removed]. It is whether or not they want to invest, and also how, has to be a strategy in place.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back