Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, the wealth of the owner means nothing really, There are plenty of owners of other clubs that are richer than Farhad but they don't really invest.

Wasn't Robert Earl worth around £750M or something like that? Whilst he was here he never put a single solitary penny into Everton, his lasting legacy was getting Sylvester Stallone to work on the pitch against Reading.

It is all well and good having the investment but how rich your owner is doesn't really mean jack [Poor language removed]. It is whether or not they want to invest, and also how, has to be a strategy in place.
Earl was one of Green's puppets. There was never any intention of him investing

The first stage in any battle is the hearts and minds propaganda war. The new Everton regime quietly started to win this...
New manager in
Stadium true progress
DoF in
Essentially rebuilding EFC from the ground up .
People are talking about Everton again.
The press the other fan sites hell even talk sport are waking up to the fact.
EVERTON IS BACK AND WE MEAN BUSINESS
Once the profile is high enough .. The bigger names are more likely to come .
It's a wonderful time to be an Evertonian.

Its more than just spunking a load of cash on players. He's transforming the whole structure of the Club & its clear he has a plan that is much more than just giving a manager a decent budget. In the space of 5 months he's changed every Evertonians outlook of this Clubs future
Good post ... the twittering masses might find comprehension toward such, quite challenging...their brains are 'instant gratification' compromised.
Clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right
The mono neuroned barbarians have breached GOT's walls
I fear Everton's supporter culture has changed... for the worse.
...sign of the times I guess

The first stage in any battle is the hearts and minds propaganda war. The new Everton regime quietly started to win this...
New manager in
Stadium true progress
DoF in
Essentially rebuilding EFC from the ground up .
People are talking about Everton again.
The press the other fan sites hell even talk sport are waking up to the fact.
Once the profile is high enough .. The bigger names are more likely to come .
It's a wonderful time to be an Evertonian.
Now with Walsh on board, there is a clear strategy as with regard potential transfer targets. I really can't wait till the Chang deal is up at the end of the season, firstly who the sponsor is and secondly, how much they pay. It's like comparing night and day, comparing this current regime and kenwright and co.

Now with Walsh on board, there is a clear strategy as with regard potential transfer targets. I really can't wait till the Chang deal is up at the end of the season, firstly who the sponsor is and secondly, how much they pay. It's like comparing night and day, comparing this current regime and kenwright and co.

I see Walsh role much more than a super scout
He has great knowledge and experience
Here Is a guy who will provide consistency to EFC
Managers come and go but the DoF holds the blueprint to "The Everton Way" He brings continuity and with continuity comes growth

Imo, it isn't really that important how many billions his personal wealth is. Of course you need that money to make an impact. Because of FFP and also the STCC rules The Esk has explained here before, you can't just spend limitless amounts of money on players. You need a businessplan a d a clear vision how to go about things to really make a difference.

Somehow I think we got exactly the owner who will do that in Moshiri. Almost all PL clubs have enough money to swim in. Difference will be how to use it. Looks like our wage structure will increase significantly more than at about 80% of the rest of the PL clubs. That will probably at the cost of one of our greatest assets in the squad, John Stones.

Not happy to lose him at all, as I think he'll become a superb player, but he's more replacable than Lukaku imo. It's a case of taking one step back to make four steps forward. Also the new stadium will give us a tremendous lift financially.

Also history suggests we can be/should be one of the predators at the top of the food chain. This club has been build for success and glory and I for one am extremely confident we'll get back to where we belong under Moshiri and who knows Usmanov.

Sadly Wolves now have an owner worth almost 3x as much as Moshiri and West Brom are also in talks with a Chinese buyer possibly the richest man in China.

Our only hope is if Moshiri sorts out the stadium and sells us on to an oligarch/Arab royal/Chinese billionaire as he doesn't have the fortunes to take us to the top.

Sadly Wolves now have an owner worth almost 3x as much as Moshiri and West Brom are also in talks with a Chinese buyer possibly the richest man in China.

Our only hope is if Moshiri sorts out the stadium and sells us on to an oligarch/Arab royal/Chinese billionaire as he doesn't have the fortunes to take us to the top.

What are Wolves going to do, buy the Championship? Very hard to do in that league. Even then you could have all sorts of FFP implications for when you reach the Premier League a la QPR. OOH another Chinese buyer, because they've been so great in the past. Peace will remain at WBA and they'll buy within their means.

We'll be fine, whether it's Farhad or Usmanov in charge.

Sunderland and Newcastles owners (Mike Ashley and Ellis short) are both comfortably richer than Farhad is and they both almost ended up going down.

It has nothing to do with how rich your owner is, it has to be a strategy. Not just throwing money at it.

Farhad has built a structure with new Director of football model and over the next two/three years when Kenwright steps down fully will shape the board with his own vison.

I am willing to bet my house, my family, life and everything that I love that both West Brom and Wolves, over the next 5-10 years, will be absolutely nowhere near Everton in footballing terms.

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans lol

we now have moaners about having the mythical billionaire on the board we all wanted....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back