Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Sadly Wolves now have an owner worth almost 3x as much as Moshiri and West Brom are also in talks with a Chinese buyer possibly the richest man in China.

Our only hope is if Moshiri sorts out the stadium and sells us on to an oligarch/Arab royal/Chinese billionaire as he doesn't have the fortunes to take us to the top.
We don't want the above mentioned. We want Moshiri to run us properly.

Doesn't matter what he's worth, all that does is open more doors than Bill had access too.

Moshiri won't be spending his own money.

Mike Ashley is richer than Moshiri but hasn't managed to do well with Newcastle has he? It's what you do with it etc....

I wouldn't worry about Wolves new owners as a result.

I'm interested in Everton, no-one else.

Agree.

I only look at other clubs to see their potential weaknesses. So we can beat them.

What are Wolves going to do, buy the Championship? Very hard to do in that league. Even then you could have all sorts of FFP implications for when you reach the Premier League a la QPR. OOH another Chinese buyer, because they've been so great in the past. Peace will remain at WBA and they'll buy within their means.

We'll be fine, whether it's Farhad or Usmanov in charge.

* Taps nose *

Despite having a great infrastructure and foundations for the long term - getting Steve Walsh on board gives me the impression we will not be willing to spend big like the oligarchs and the arabs, but look for bargain gems like Leicester did.

I think it's a bit deluded to think we will be challenging the likes of City, Chelsea and United - they will splash us out the water when it comes to transfers, which is sadly what is required to challenge and maintain positions at the top of the premier league and Europe.

Despite having a great infrastructure and foundations for the long term - getting Steve Walsh on board gives me the impression we will not be willing to spend big like the oligarchs and the arabs, but look for bargain gems like Leicester did.

I think it's a bit deluded to think we will be challenging the likes of City, Chelsea and United - they will splash us out the water when it comes to transfers, which is sadly what is required to challenge and maintain positions at the top of the premier league and Europe.

Are you surprised? Arabs, Chinese and oligarchs are richer than Moshiri.

If only we could find 1 of them for ourselves.

usmanov_1870235c.jpg

I wonder where we could find such a fella.
Alisher-Usmanov-008.jpg

Are you surprised? Arabs, Chinese and oligarchs are richer than Moshiri.

Yes, I am quite aware of that.

People are shooting down people who say "so what if West Brom get bought by the richest person in China" - then comparing that person to Mike Ashley, the new buyers may well not splash the cash, but if they do that's another club spending much more than us.

My point, which you didn't notice, was saying that we won't be challenging for the league with the perceived budget Moshiri will offer

Yes, I am quite aware of that.

People are shooting down people who say "so what if West Brom get bought by the richest person in China" - then comparing that person to Mike Ashley, the new buyers may well not splash the cash, but if they do that's another club spending much more than us.

My point, which you didn't notice, was saying that we won't be challenging for the league with the perceived budget Moshiri will offer

Oh no, not yet, but I don't think anyone realistically thinks we can this season. Nothing to say we can't next year. The richest team doesn't automatically mean the best team as last season proved.

We don't want the above mentioned. We want Moshiri to run us properly.

Doesn't matter what he's worth, all that does is open more doors than Bill had access too.

Moshiri won't be spending his own money.

The aim for any club should be to win the league and outside of a century shock year ala Leicester the only way is to spend big money, big wages hence why city, Chelsea and Utd have a monopoly on the title. My point is if us fans want to realistically dream of one day reaching our peak then we need someone wealthier than Moshiri sadly. I have no doubt he'll be good for the club and if he can get us that new stadium he'll forever have my gratitude, but the thought of a west Bromwich one day lifting the title before us because some Chinese heavyweight has ploughed obscene money into them is depressing. I would be absolutely delighted if one of the very wealthiest bought us as a plaything as sadly that's what gets you success bar a 5000/1 shocker.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back