Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Think we have to remember that it is Blue Heaven Holdings that owns 49.9% of Everton with the rights to acquire just over 75% through the options agreement. What's the significance of this?

The significance is that it is BHH that is the funding vehicle for Everton, and as such can raise large amounts of capital privately for use within the club. Most of the investment and provision of capital will occur of course, when BHH has a controlling interest above 75% - believed to be later this summer.

But let's explore for a minute what BHH can theoretically provide. Firstly Moshiri can pump in (with an educated guess) at least the amount he received for his R&W Holdings - £200 million. He's already spent £80 million on acquiring his current holdings, and he's put money into the club just over a month ago

In addition, BHH will be able to borrow significant sums of money against its assets (Cash and Everton FC) and other assets owned by Moshiri. How much? With the provision of guarantees and liens against other assets £250 million would not be an issue.

Additionally if required, Moshiri could sell stakes in BHH to other equity investors. He can do this without notifying the PL or any other body as long as the investor does not indirectly hold more than 9.9% of Everton through their BHH holdings. He could in theory sell 49% of BHH to other investors which would raise depending upon the asset value of BHH at the time significantly more than £100 million - in fact up to £200 million would be possible.

Now I'm not saying all of these things will happen. I'm saying you need to look beyond the wealth of the individual and understand his ability to raise money and structure deals, all of which could raise £4-500 million quite easily if required.

That's the nature of what we have here. That ability to raise capital, and in the future generate significant cashflow from activities demonstrates how we can actually go (within the confines of STCC and P&S rules), head to head with almost any club in the country.
That's all very well, but it doesn't seem to be impressing the multitude of footballers who continue to resist our advances

That's all very well, but it doesn't seem to be impressing the multitude of footballers who continue to resist our advances

I think we'll achieve our objectives this window, I've said very publicly who I think we'll get.

However if we don't and it takes a year longer to convince the right players to join us, in the grand scheme of things that's not going to be a disaster. I stress though I don't think that will be the case.

While he might be doing good things behind the scenes, this summer has been a disaster for the fans, make no doubt about it. Now it appears our first major story in the transfer window - with less than 20 days until the first game - will be selling one of our main assets. Nightmare. Things need to start happening and fast.
Hasn't been a disaster for me : hyperbole personified.

Think we have to remember that it is Blue Heaven Holdings that owns 49.9% of Everton with the rights to acquire just over 75% through the options agreement. What's the significance of this?

The significance is that it is BHH that is the funding vehicle for Everton, and as such can raise large amounts of capital privately for use within the club. Most of the investment and provision of capital will occur of course, when BHH has a controlling interest above 75% - believed to be later this summer.

But let's explore for a minute what BHH can theoretically provide. Firstly Moshiri can pump in (with an educated guess) at least the amount he received for his R&W Holdings - £200 million. He's already spent £80 million on acquiring his current holdings, and he's put money into the club just over a month ago

In addition, BHH will be able to borrow significant sums of money against its assets (Cash and Everton FC) and other assets owned by Moshiri. How much? With the provision of guarantees and liens against other assets £250 million would not be an issue.

Additionally if required, Moshiri could sell stakes in BHH to other equity investors. He can do this without notifying the PL or any other body as long as the investor does not indirectly hold more than 9.9% of Everton through their BHH holdings. He could in theory sell 49% of BHH to other investors which would raise depending upon the asset value of BHH at the time significantly more than £100 million - in fact up to £200 million would be possible.

Now I'm not saying all of these things will happen. I'm saying you need to look beyond the wealth of the individual and understand his ability to raise money and structure deals, all of which could raise £4-500 million quite easily if required.

That's the nature of what we have here. That ability to raise capital, and in the future generate significant cashflow from activities demonstrates how we can actually go (within the confines of STCC and P&S rules), head to head with almost any club in the country.[/]

Very true but very ambitious.

It's very unlikely the elite wealthy will be willing to invest large sums for a less than 10% stake in a premier league club. No control and no return.

I think we'll achieve our objectives this window, I've said very publicly who I think we'll get.

However if we don't and it takes a year longer to convince the right players to join us, in the grand scheme of things that's not going to be a disaster. I stress though I don't think that will be the case.
Your optimism is fantastic,time will tell!

So usmanov can be invold with bhh (Everton) and the arse then?

Evertonians have been conditioned with numerous false dawns in the last 2 decades and some are going to remain cynical until they see the changes realized. I don't blame people for the cynicism, it is deserved. I personally think we are going to see changes for the better but it will take time.

So usmanov can be invold with bhh (Everton) and the arse then?

No mate, absolutely he cannot. Because he indirectly owns 30.04% of Arsenal shares through R&W Holdings he cannot buy directly or indirectly a single share in any other Premier League club.

What if we get relegated?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back