Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I guess my point he if you want to get back to where we belong (Moshiri's words) not mine why sell potentially world class defender?
Harsh to call him average-below average , coco threw him under the bus too many times last season.
John Stones will be without doubt an England regular for the next 10 years!
Also my point is unlike seasons gone by we currently do not need to sell

For 2 years on the run hes asked to leave, give the lad want he wants, get paid, best outcome all round sadly.

I guess my point he if you want to get back to where we belong (Moshiri's words) not mine why sell potentially world class defender?
Harsh to call him average-below average , coco threw him under the bus too many times last season.
John Stones will be without doubt an England regular for the next 10 years!
Also my point is unlike seasons gone by we currently do not need to sell

Yes but he's asked to go again...as I said in the other thread United sold Ronaldo...Spurs sold Bale...RS sold Suarez/Sterling.

Everyone has a price.

Getting into England isn't exactly hard these days ;)

Anyway, he is POTENTIALLY world class. That 50-60 mil is banking on him achieving that level.

Yes mate I do, Stones has asked to go and met Moshiri who does not want to lose him but agreed if City met the valuation he placed on Stones he could leave.

You can understand people now getting twitchy surely?

His first real transfer activity will be selling an asset for 50m, not the best PR idea the alleged second coming of Christ could be pulling?

As for incomings, we have heard how rich we are since May and how elaborate the plans are but it's now 2 weeks before the season kicks off and a big fat zero has been spent.

Not saying I don't believe by the way, just don't think they are handling this too well from an outside view.

The lender would take a charge over the borrower BHH of which Everton is the primary asset. It's likely that Moshiri would provide a guarantee or additional security from his other holdings. Very standard practice. I stress I'm not saying this will happen, just explaining the potential to raise capital.

In theory Moshiri could do what the Glazers did at United, load the debt on the club, but I'm pretty sure he'll have given an undertaking not to do this, as this was the primary concern about M&N (the Americans)

Hope so, because unlike Utd we couldn't handle that debt repayment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back