Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Can't really believe what some people are going on about here our club has suffered from a long term position of poor strategy and generally poor execution with as you would expect poor results. It could be said also that a lot of key positions didn't have great recruitment and suitable personnel.

Getting this club to where we want to be was always going to be a big challenge, I have every faith that he has an ambitious plan, of which decent recruitment and defining the right strategy is the first part of this that will get delivered. Koeman Walsh and a solid businessman like Ryantsev have been positioned in key roles.

The long term issue of the stadium is being addressed. This will be the biggest sign of the strategy being executed.

The most time pressing area, because of the transfer window, is now starting to be addressed, the season is two weeks away and everyone is getting flustered because we haven't signed anyone.

To be fair I haven't expected that we we will sign loads of champs league players this window, it will be a slow build. People need to be a bit more trusting we have a good manager who knows what he is doing and will recruit good players

Knee jerking is not going to be helpful. With Moshiri we are going to improve no end ,far quicker than without him. Give him some time and be a bit more respectful of the challenge that he has taken on for all of us,I am convinced he will do a great job.

Any chance of sorting this out Farhad?

This is something that will be sorted this year as the Chang deal concludes in May 2017.

The key for the biggest bucks is regular European participation. Therefore to get anywhere near Spurs deal (which is our most realistic target) we have to demonstrate this season our ability at least to compete for CL positions.

Last edited:
Have faith in Moshiri.

Getting in Koeman and Walsh seems to be a wise move. Trust him in finding a stadium solution as well.

However I have a little bit of fear that it will all turn out like "the emperors new clothes" where we lost our best players, signed overvalued players past their best and got no new stadium... or even worse a new cheap looking stadium at a shitty location

This is something that will be sorted this year as the Chang deal concludes in May 2017.

The key for the biggest bucks is regular European participation. Therefore to get anywhere near Spurs deal (which is our most realistic tarfet) we have to demonstrate this season our ability at least to compete for CL positions.

Target numero uno

For the commercial team. The whole club's future rests on us getting more competitive.

The key for the biggest bucks is regular European participation. Therefore to get anywhere near Spurs deal (which is our most realistic target) we have to demonstrate this season our ability at least to compete for CL positions.

The deal is ending at the perfect time then. We have this season to show we are on the up, and can get a deal in place that suits us commercially cos we can now afford to negotiate.

Until I have reason to think otherwise, I believe that the mythical money that has been talked about for months is gone into the club not the team. Long term planning rather than shirt term success.

Unless we do go out and spend 100 million plus then it seems sorting this club out financially probably was the emphasis rather than just buying a load of players.

Personally right now after the summer so far I'm not expecting all these deals rumoured to happen, I'm expecting a few smaller buys instead with the long term aim to be ailble to compete over time and all the extra money going into the club instead.

Until I have reason to think otherwise, I believe that the mythical money that has been talked about for months is gone into the club not the team. Long term planning rather than shirt term success.

Unless we do go out and spend 100 million plus then it seems sorting this club out financially probably was the emphasis rather than just buying a load of players.

Personally right now after the summer so far I'm not expecting all these deals rumoured to happen, I'm expecting a few smaller buys instead with the long term aim to be ailble to compete over time and all the extra money going into the club instead.

I think the money is there for the right players, but Moshiri wants value for money, which rules certain transfers out immediately. Everyone is saying 'We have all this money now, we should just be buying players', but it still has to be a sustainable business model.

I think the money is there for the right players, but Moshiri wants value for money, which rules certain transfers out immediately. Everyone is saying 'We have all this money now, we should just be buying players', but it still has to be a sustainable business model.
To be fair signing the likes of witsel aren't value for money in that respect. Lower fee but higher wages. Much better quality of player but to what extent?

Whereas the other side of it is players like Gueye and apparently now Williams offer much smaller improvements

To be fair signing the likes of witsel aren't value for money in that respect. Lower fee but higher wages. Much better quality of player but to what extent?

Whereas the other side of it is players like Gueye and apparently now Williams offer much smaller improvements

I'm not convinced Witsel is a good buy, no. Small buys like Gueye and Williams are fine, til you make too many of them, and then can't afford to make the more expensive ones.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back