Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Can't imagine he's prepared too sell our 2 most valuable player's in one window.

It would show zero ambition and isn't going to attract players to the club

Exactly this, if we sold both how would we even sell Everton to these players? Oh yeah we mean business.... But we have just sold our best two assets?

PS someone close that Howard threading hope to never hear of him or see him again

It would be criminal to even consider selling Lukaku without RK being able to get what he would think was his replacement, signed and sealed beforehand.
Again the issue would be selling him for ca. £60m and not being able to attract a player of similar value to sign for us. It is notoriously difficult to replace a proven goalscorer.
I just can't see RL being sold this window.

I will say with almost absolute certainty that Lukaku is not leaving this window. There would have to be a huge change of thinking by Raiola, Lukaku and the club for this to happen.
Is it likely that Lukaku will sign a new deal on much improved terms but with a release clause written into it? If he stays this season he will have 2 years left I believe .

I will say with almost absolute certainty that Lukaku is not leaving this window. There would have to be a huge change of thinking by Raiola, Lukaku and the club for this to happen.

I keep having to remind myself that Koeman would not have agreed to manage us without some assurances being put in place. One would be a reasonable transfer pot and another that one of Stone or Lukaku would stay. It would seem that of the two, Stones is the most replaceable.

I do have to keep telling myself that though

It's not simply a case of agreeing to it. Chelsea have the budget that some imagined we had but it's not unlimited.
A massive expenditure on Lu would reduce their ability to spend elsewhere and that would in turn increase, a least a little, the odds of us acquiring a player for whom we were competing.
On a side note imagine if the hype that we're so rich we could afford Messi had been true? We'd have, like Chelsea, already spent a fortune and still be serious contenders for big names. Some day maybe if we find our own Russian oligarch.

Its not a lack of money stopping us signing players, its a lack of stature.

I really do hope you're right mate, I have accepted Stones leaving, if we were to sell both, that's the worst start for Morshiri trying to change perceptions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back