Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Venting frustration is one thing. Calling Moshiri out as being a fraud and saying he won't invest heavily before we've got to the end of the window is stupid though. I can understand some people having doubts, but even if you have doubts it's reasonable to wait until the window closes to make a judgement on it.

I'd claim the bedwetters are the ones not helping the situation. If they're right about Moshiri, we'll find out by the end of the window and they can vault away all they want to say how they told everyone. Saying Moshiri is a fraud and we won't sign anyone decent when all corroborating evidence suggests we do have money just makes people look like they're losing it and have no patience.

Again most Evertonians I know anyway arnt calling Moshiri out at all, personally after 16 years of Bill in charge I am made up we have got him and that won't change even if we don't sign anyone else this summer. Same time I don't believe everything is rosy like some would have us believe. Still think the bedwetter crap is bloody childish and needs to stop, simply different fans have different opinions, not everyone is right all the time.

Again most Evertonians I know anyway arnt calling Moshiri out at all, personally after 16 years of Bill in charge I am made up we have got him and that won't change even if we don't sign anyone else this summer. Same time I don't believe everything is rosy like some would have us believe. Still think the bedwetter crap is bloody childish and needs to stop, simply different fans have different opinions, not everyone is right all the time.

1258575646476B.jpg~c200

Haven't met anyone who is calling Moshiri a fraud.

People need to face facts, there is no huge budget, we are basically slightly better financially.

I'll wait until the window closes - but if we only make big signings after we sell, I won't be too convinced.

Sorry mate with respect... across forums and Twitter the general consensus is that he's taking us for a ride, the last 3-4 weeks have shown evertonains to me in a new light

Obviously not all but a good number

Arguably more difficult. Pretty much impossible to screw up BP
This isn't really true.

Smaller businesses are able to be more dynamic and focused, allowing them to have a greater vision for a long term future. The larger an entity is, the more likely the individuals involved will begin to aim for smaller targets, often at the expense of the holistic health of an organization.

It's pretty much impossible to kill BP in a single reign, or a small number of them, but it's also much harder to reposition a company (or organization) of that size for maximum improvement simply due to human nature. In other words, it's much harder for BP to make decisions for the long term at the expense of the short term than it is to do so with a company/football club of Everton's size.

It's also easier to kill the smaller company. But that doesn't make it 'easier' to lead BP. It just makes it harder to noticeably fail. Running BP is much more likely to lead to actual failure when viewed through the lens of a historical context. More clearly, it is much easier for a brilliant visionary to succeed wildly at a smaller organization than in a larger one.

Whether Moshiri fits that bill requires significant time to judge him on. It certainly can't be decided in less than a year.

Closest we have ever been to a new stadium because of him and people calling him a fraud, sometimes some of our fans don't deserve what we could be about to achieve

I think it's because we're trying to sign high calibre targets. If we manage to pull one or some of them off everyone will be estatic, even if it does happen late in the window. If we don't get any there'll be quite a bit of fume.

Problem is I guess it's going to be touch and go wether we can pull some of them off. Moshiri\Walsh\Koeman have got a hard job trying to make judgement calls on how long to persist with certain targets. We'll find out how good a job they've done soon enough though.

Sorry mate with respect... across forums and Twitter the general consensus is that he's taking us for a ride, the last 3-4 weeks have shown evertonains to me in a new light

Obviously not all but a good number

Then that to me is foolish, Moshiri is on the Forbes rich list, number 9, ahead of John Henry who is 10.
He has been involved in talks over a new stadium with Anderson the mayor of Liverpool, has spent a small fortune getting rid of Martinez and co and got in Koeman and Walsh at again great expense.

I think it's because we're trying to sign high calibre targets. If we manage to pull one or some of them off everyone will be estatic, even if it does happen late in the window. If we don't get any there'll be quite a bit of fume.

Problem is I guess it's going to be touch and go wether we can pull some of them off. Moshiri\Walsh\Koeman have got a hard job trying to make judgement calls on how long to persist with certain targets. We'll find out how good a job they've done soon enough though.

I agree that makes a lot of sense, but we are playing a dangerous game, hoping no one else buys them.

Haven't met anyone who is calling Moshiri a fraud.

People need to face facts, there is no huge budget, we are basically slightly better financially.

I'll wait until the window closes - but if we only make big signings after we sell, I won't be too convinced.

You have absolutely no idea whether what you have written is fact or not. This aversion to player trading, and the denial of its importance in the modern game, is also baffling. This idea that clubs just sell off what fans consider 'dead wood' and buy a whole host of top quality players for big money in order to be recognised as a 'top club' is ridiculous. We will most likely be buying players in this window (and have done already) and in order to finance the rise in wages it is likely we will sell a big name. That is what every other big club is doing. Historically our player turn over is far less than some so called big clubs showing ambition which fans are citing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back