Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Not weird - frustrating certainly.

We've put out lots of enquiries and had detailed discussions/offers with a number of parties as I've mentioned previously, some of which have been incredibly close to closing (thus my by now, well known comments previously). They didn't close because demands changed and the selling club in one instance had a change of heart.

I think there are other factors too though - (i) the Pogba situation - this has undoubtedly held up the merry-go-round of midfielders across Europe, several of whom we have a real interest in. Once Pogba is confirmed we'll know who genuinely wants to sign for us. (ii) it would help if we had clarity over the Stones and Lukaku situation - it's fairly clear that Stones will go even if City (probably recognising our position) have tried to acquire him relatively cheaply - it's not beyond the bounds of possibility though that United may offer a counter bid for him. With Lukaku, my view has always been he will sign the new contract he's had since the middle of the summer - it would be helpful if he did so sooner than later. (iii) There may have been a shift in emphasis now that Walsh is in position that has caused a delay in some acquisitions although I don't think that's a great factor in our major targets.

The slightly concerning thing in this is whether Manure have totally agreed the Pogba deal but are being calculatingly devious in delaying this deal in order to screw up a potential chain-reaction of sequential transfer deals - a potential deliberate act of transfer sabotage ?

The slightly concerning thing in this is whether Manure have totally agreed the Pogba deal but are being calculatingly devious in delaying this deal in order to screw up a potential chain-reaction of sequential transfer deals - a potential deliberate act of transfer sabotage ?

There may be an element of this although I suspect Pogba has told everyone he's having X amount of time off and wouldn't be available until first week in August - I don't think he was due back at Juve until this weekend even if he was not being transferred.

Some of our fan base literally do not have any idea of the inner workings of football as a business and are expecting a turnaround in the clubs fortunes inside 12 months in to a European superpower.

And all because we haven't signed a few players.

No we haven't signed the player we were all expecting (me included) does that mean I think Morishi is a fraud and is taking us for a ride??......no, because I'm a grown up, and I understand that complex deals for the calibre of players we are after take time. Not only that fact but these players need to be convinced to actually join us. We finished 11th 2 seasons running and are not looked up on favourably as a power in the European game.

Would everyone be happy if we signed 5 players who in fairness wouldn't even get in the starting line up and were just squad fillers?

All would be great then wouldn't it truth is we could possibly tie these deals up IE Idrissa in a relatively short amount of time but were not after these players, were after the champions league standard players that will invariably take us to the level we need to be at before we can really move up the ladder.

Not only that but Koeman has had just over a month to evaluate the squad and decide what he actually needs to come in but people are demanding signings as a measure of were we are now because we have a few quid going spare now.

People want to take a step back and evacuate the situation properly before stating "Morishi is a fraud"

Some of our fan base literally do not have any idea of the inner workings of football as a business and are expecting a turnaround in the clubs fortunes inside 12 months in to a European superpower.

No we haven't signed the player we were all expecting (me included) does that mean I think Morishi is a fraud and is taking us for a ride??......no, because I'm a grown up, and I understand that complex deals for the calibre of players we are after take time. Not only that fact but these players need to be convinced to actually join us. We finished 11th 2 seasons running and are not looked up on favourably as a power in the European game.

Would everyone be happy if we signed 5 players who in fairness wouldn't even get in the starting line up and were just squad fillers?

All would be great then wouldn't it truth is we could possibly tie these deals up IE Idrissa in a relatively short amount of time but were not after these players, were after the champions league standard players that will invariably take us to the level we need to be at before we can really move up the ladder.

Not only that but Koeman has had just over a month to evaluate the squad and decide what he actually needs to come in but people are demanding signings as a measure of were we are now because we have a few quid going spare now.

People want to take a step back and evacuate the situation properly before stating "Morishi is a fraud"

Absolutely nobody is expecting that though, so you're reacting to your own imagination.

What people are concerned about is that next to nothing has happened. Rogue owners have occurred in English football over the years - to have a concern about that possibility isn't childish; rather it's just common sense.

I think the fact that Usmanov bought into Moshiri's vision as an external advisor in the early days of their relationship answers the question ,ate to be honest

"“With time, Moshiri actually became my financial mentor,” Usmanov said in the telephone interview. “I appreciate his honesty and his encyclopedic knowledge of finance and investments"

So you're saying that Usmanov is going to buy into Everton? lol

Moshiri is clearly an extremely well connected man and as you've said, wouldn't want his reputation to be tarnished in any way by messing up an investment as public as Everton.

Getting a bit bored of the tired lines of "Koeman needs to assess the squad" he's been here over almost 2 months now. How much time does he need?

Then there's the retort as to why we haven't spent but United and City have "Roberto left the club in a mess" did he, really? This is exactly the same squad (minus Howard) that everyone was saying was amazing.

Stop making excuses and open your eyes people. Things aren't good, will they change? Maybe.

But for now it is [Poor language removed].

111035039-wallet-with-money-locked-in-chains-and-gettyimages.jpg

Most Evertonians are not saying that at all pal, what they are saying is that they expected a bit more progress on the player in front, that's all really. We don't expect to be a superpower in 12 months at all.
But we do expect to be a stronger team, if not at kick- off, definitely before the end of this transfer window. Now I know there is still time, but surely some of our fan base must understand that some fans do get a little frustrated from time to time, because other teams are strengthening, while we seem to be standing still.

It's good that we have a better manager, a new DOF, ground improvements going on and are actively discussing a new ground as well. But until it's running around the pitch, some fans will be a bit nervy. What doesn't help, is that there are certain members on here, shouting rubbish like bedwetters, kopites, wums, simply because they have different views than them. The truth is half of these are thinking, what the " bedwetters " are saying.

Absolutely nobody is expecting that though, so you're reacting to your own imagination.

What people are concerned about is that next to nothing has happened. Rogue owners have occurred in English football over the years - to have a concern about that possibility isn't childish; rather it's just common sense.

Next to nothing???

I gave up at that point.

Probably way off here but..

Could it be that Peel have slapped a MASSIVE price on the docks but Moshiri realises how important that location is and so has financially prioritised the new stadium rather than new players?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back