Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Probably way off here but..

Could it be that Peel have slapped a MASSIVE price on the docks but Moshiri realises how important that location is and so has financially prioritised the new stadium rather than new players?

Well this is what I think, there has to be a reason why we are doing little and it isnt because we are skint, lets be honest about this, those days are long gone, they were pretty much on the way out even before Moshiri came in which is why we could keep Baines and Stones and buy Lukaku.

For us to be able to put a real proposal in for a stadium we have to prove we can afford it now and that is why we are keeping the wallet tight, if so I would take that.

Well this is what I think, there has to be a reason why we are doing little and it isnt because we are skint, lets be honest about this, those days are long gone, they were pretty much on the way out even before Moshiri came in which is why we could keep Baines and Stones and buy Lukaku.

For us to be able to put a real proposal in for a stadium we have to prove we can afford it now and that is why we are keeping the wallet tight, if so I would take that.
If we prioritised a dock stadium over signing marquee players in the short term I too would be okay with it.

@The Esk what do you think of my complete speculation above?

Could it be that Peel have slapped a MASSIVE price on the docks but Moshiri realises how important that location is and so has financially prioritised the new stadium rather than new players?

Peel haven't slapped a massive price on the docks.

If we prioritised a dock stadium over signing marquee players in the short term I too would be okay with it.

@The Esk what do you think of my complete speculation above?

It's an interesting idea mate, but Moshiri's people have a very clear idea of what the land value is and the total build costs of the stadium. They'll have a separate budget for playing staff and I doubt very much they'd need to reduce the player budget because Peel were being unrealistic in pricing the land.

We know the club has access to significant funding through Blue Heaven - even if the land price was higher than expected, Moshiri knows we need to spend on playing staff to become competitive on the field. Any tightening of budgets would come later in the process (assuming they were necessary, which I do not think) rather than at the beginning.

Moshiri's current estimated wealth is roughly the same as the value of the 5% share of Metalloinvest that Usmanov's gifted to him in 2008. He has not significantly made any money other than that given to him by the Russian

it was a 10% share, at the time valued at £900m. Moshiri's wealth is estimated to be north of £1.2bn, although I agree that could be down to the continued growth in his Metalloinvest stake.
It's an interesting idea mate, but Moshiri's people have a very clear idea of what the land value is and the total build costs of the stadium. They'll have a separate budget for playing staff and I doubt very much they'd need to reduce the player budget because Peel were being unrealistic in pricing the land.

We know the club has access to significant funding through Blue Heaven - even if the land price was higher than expected, Moshiri knows we need to spend on playing staff to become competitive on the field. Any tightening of budgets would come later in the process (assuming they were necessary, which I do not think) rather than at the beginning.

Moshiri strikes me as being a man in a hurry. Quickly getting back to about 6th in the table will also have the benefit of impressing and attracting the funding partners he wants for the new stadium. Therefore, an initial large investment in new players seems very likely, if not certain.

I suspect that much will hinge on whether we keep Stones and Lukaku, while those situations play out I don't expect much of note to happen, it may be frustrating for some but I'd rather see our management team and owner play the long game. I have no reason to doubt the ability or judgement of Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri and their reputations are a long way forward from Bill and Martinez, we are in a better place now, fact.

Most Evertonians are not saying that at all pal, what they are saying is that they expected a bit more progress on the player in front, that's all really. We don't expect to be a superpower in 12 months at all.
But we do expect to be a stronger team, if not at kick- off, definitely before the end of this transfer window. Now I know there is still time, but surely some of our fan base must understand that some fans do get a little frustrated from time to time, because other teams are strengthening, while we seem to be standing still.

It's good that we have a better manager, a new DOF, ground improvements going on and are actively discussing a new ground as well. But until it's running around the pitch, some fans will be a bit nervy. What doesn't help, is that there are certain members on here, shouting rubbish like bedwetters, kopites, wums, simply because they have different views than them. The truth is half of these are thinking, what the " bedwetters " are saying.

Venting frustration is one thing. Calling Moshiri out as being a fraud and saying he won't invest heavily before we've got to the end of the window is stupid though. I can understand some people having doubts, but even if you have doubts it's reasonable to wait until the window closes to make a judgement on it.

I'd claim the bedwetters are the ones not helping the situation. If they're right about Moshiri, we'll find out by the end of the window and they can vault away all they want to say how they told everyone. Saying Moshiri is a fraud and we won't sign anyone decent when all corroborating evidence suggests we do have money just makes people look like they're losing it and have no patience.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back