Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
@The Esk - do you reckon it's a bit weird how quiet we have been in the market so far?

Not weird - frustrating certainly.

We've put out lots of enquiries and had detailed discussions/offers with a number of parties as I've mentioned previously, some of which have been incredibly close to closing (thus my by now, well known comments previously). They didn't close because demands changed and the selling club in one instance had a change of heart.

I think there are other factors too though - (i) the Pogba situation - this has undoubtedly held up the merry-go-round of midfielders across Europe, several of whom we have a real interest in. Once Pogba is confirmed we'll know who genuinely wants to sign for us. (ii) it would help if we had clarity over the Stones and Lukaku situation - it's fairly clear that Stones will go even if City (probably recognising our position) have tried to acquire him relatively cheaply - it's not beyond the bounds of possibility though that United may offer a counter bid for him. With Lukaku, my view has always been he will sign the new contract he's had since the middle of the summer - it would be helpful if he did so sooner than later. (iii) There may have been a shift in emphasis now that Walsh is in position that has caused a delay in some acquisitions although I don't think that's a great factor in our major targets.

We've put out lots of enquiries and had detailed discussions/offers with a number of parties as I've mentioned previously, some of which have been incredibly close to closing (thus my by now, well known comments previously). They didn't close because demands changed and the selling club in one instance had a change of heart.

I think there are other factors too though - (i) the Pogba situation - this has undoubtedly held up the merry-go-round of midfielders across Europe, several of whom we have a real interest in. Once Pogba is confirmed we'll know who genuinely wants to sign for us. (ii) it would help if we had clarity over the Stones and Lukaku situation - it's fairly clear that Stones will go even if City (probably recognising our position) have tried to acquire him relatively cheaply - it's not beyond the bounds of possibility though that United may offer a counter bid for him. With Lukaku, my view has always been he will sign the new contract he's had since the middle of the summer - it would be helpful if he did so sooner than later. (iii) There may have been a shift in emphasis now that Walsh is in position that has caused a delay in some acquisitions although I don't think that's a great factor in our major targets.

What I don't understand is how Paul Pogba or any of the other scenario's delays us signing a keeper .

Business is about to start maybe?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...lation-summer-2016.88327/page-49#post-4740359

Looking at Moshiri's career, he has always been Usmanov's go-to execution guy, never making the top decisions or creating the vision himself but very ably carrying out someone else's strategy and instructions. Are we sure that he's able to step up as the main man? There are so many number two's that can't make it in the big job

The truth of the matter is that the general public will hardly ever know something in advance of it happening or an approved release from the club. It's a private business albeit very much in the public domain. I think perhaps they might want to review their PR strategies going forward.

Re the stadium, I'm aware of several things not in the public domain which demonstrate that plans have advanced hugely in the period that Moshiri has acquired shares. In addition there is the marked turn-around in relationships with LCC, and a wide acknowledgement that sites on the banks of the Mersey are being negotiated.

Re transfer budgets, we would not be bidding for the types of players we are bidding for without having the budgets required for fees and wages. To do so, and mix with the most powerful agents in the business would be absolute folly, and I think we can all agree Moshiri is not an unintelligent man. On the success of the bids for players, well regrettably further patience is required until the end of the window. I would share your concern if we were getting outright rejections or players of the calibre of Witsel, Carvalho, Mata etc were moving to other clubs. The fact is they haven't and we remain in the frame. I do believe there will be significant activity in the market once Pogba finally moves to United.

Yes we've retained Elstone, but his role is significantly diminished with the appointment of Ryazantsev, and particularly our new DoF in relation to transfer negotiations. With regards to Bill, he's performing a public role (which suits Moshiri) but the power base sits very clearly with Moshiri, and will strengthen further as he takes up his options agreements with BK, JW and AA.

It would be nice if the club actually HAD a PR strategy...

It would be nice if the club actually HAD a PR strategy...

They do

Release loads of naught rumours about having loads of money
All targets become overpriced
'Under the new stewardship we know the real price of things and won't be conned'
Spend very little money but show fans that you tried
Profit

Quite relaxed to be honest, i know its all going to happen.

Relatively speaking most summers we would have got Gueye, Sket and a couple of youngsters that would have been our lot.

Being debt free and the likely hood of a new ground on the docks is like signing Messi to me.

I dont understand the angst if im honest. The glass ceiling of our finances have been a weight around our necks for decades, we are free of that now and can compete. Its the most exciting time in decades to be an Evertonian.

If we can generate organic revenue to fund and compete at a high level in the long term, all my dreams have come true.

Looking at Moshiri's career, he has always been Usmanov's go-to execution guy, never making the top decisions or creating the vision himself but very ably carrying out someone else's strategy and instructions. Are we sure that he's able to step up as the main man? There are so many number two's that can't make it in the big job

What about the several companies then owned and managed by Moshiri? Moshiri doesn't live his life as Usmanov's number two.

What about the several companies then owned and managed by Moshiri? Moshiri doesn't live his life as Usmanov's number two.

Moshiri's current estimated wealth is roughly the same as the value of the 5% share of Metalloinvest that Usmanov's gifted to him in 2008. He has not significantly made any money other than that given to him by the Russian

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back