Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Huge amount of mis-placed concern expressed in this thread overy Moshiri's motives, ability to fund and ability to perform.

Simply you do not become the trusted confidant and business partner of Russia's wealthiest man without having huge business and commercial acumen.

As I've written previously he could have maintained a fairly anonymous existence at Arsenal but chose (for the first time in his career) to make a very public investment in Everton. Given the exposure of this investment there is no way he will permit this to fail, nor will he be looking to use the club's assets and cash flow for his own benefit at the expense of the club and/or shareholders. Quite simply if that was his motive there's hundreds of assets he could acquire in Russia/Central Asia and achieve more financially.

He's putting the foundations in place, new management team, advanced plans for new stadium, and provided the largest transfer budget in our history.

The window doesn't close for nearly 4 weeks, we've plenty of irons in some considerable fires and a future ahead of us back at the top of English football.

I heard he's stashed all our season ticket money in the hull of his yacht in Monaco and he dives into like Scrooge McDuck.

In all seriousness, you can see how the club has changed already, it feels more like a business rather than a corner shop. People are panicking because they expected us to blow £100m and everyone would be queuing up to join us. Far to much time playing fifa or footy manager.

I love the mosh

How much time? New Managers at Man utd and Man City aren't using such excuses. Not good enough.

Just my two-pennorth on this... I think that whilst he - as @The Esk regularly advises - RK has a very decent budget available to him, and will most likely use a fair chunk of it before this window closes... he has taken/is taking his time to fully assess the squad in situ.

I would venture that there is slightly less pressure on RK to 'splash the cash' than there is on either Mourinho and Guardiola, both of whom are expected to deliver results and trophies instantaneously.

If we can get two or three of Mata, Williams, Witsel, Carvalho, Koulibaly and a top, top goalie in this window, RK will have laid the foundations and we will improve, of that I have absolutely no doubt.

Anyway, back on track as you all are taking my initial post to directions I have little interest in going down.

It will only take one.
A big name signing. A James or Draxler type. Watch the worship.
Offer their club £75m for one of those Big Farhad/Big Ron/Big Walshy. They are worth 3 of the types you are apparently over-offering £30m for.
Do it. Make the statement to the world...because right now you are looking rather small time.
Which you are not.

How much time? New Managers at Man utd and Man City aren't using such excuses. Not good enough.
This.

There really are no excuses. Your A List players not available? Move to the B list. We've (seemingly) waited weeks and weeks on our first choice players. Are they that important that we'll happily go into the season with a weak squad just on the off chance they'll decide to join us? We going to wait until the final day of the window, then realise they've been playing us all along and suddenly there is no time left.

Huge amount of mis-placed concern expressed in this thread overy Moshiri's motives, ability to fund and ability to perform.

Simply you do not become the trusted confidant and business partner of Russia's wealthiest man without having huge business and commercial acumen.

As I've written previously he could have maintained a fairly anonymous existence at Arsenal but chose (for the first time in his career) to make a very public investment in Everton. Given the exposure of this investment there is no way he will permit this to fail, nor will he be looking to use the club's assets and cash flow for his own benefit at the expense of the club and/or shareholders. Quite simply if that was his motive there's hundreds of assets he could acquire in Russia/Central Asia and achieve more financially.

He's putting the foundations in place, new management team, advanced plans for new stadium, and provided the largest transfer budget in our history.

The window doesn't close for nearly 4 weeks, we've plenty of irons in some considerable fires and a future ahead of us back at the top of English football.

Think calling it misplaced is well... misplaced. We've been patient for 25 years. It's time we saw some tangible evidence of our ambition. I don't doubt you that we'll see it. But I think we've fallen short so far. Patience is a hard thing to have with our recent history in mind. Our fixture list is great too. It's a brilliant opportunity to get off to a flyer. It's not a time for panic but it's frustrating.

If we can get two or three of Mata, Williams, Witsel, Carvalho, Koulibaly and a top, top goalie in this window, RK will have laid the foundations and we will improve, of that I have absolutely no doubt.

To be honest, from what I saw on Wednesday, our defence has already improved by miles. That was our biggest problem last season and the one we all wanted fixing. Anything above and beyond that is just gravy.

Think calling it misplaced is well... misplaced. We've been patient for 25 years. It's time we saw some tangible evidence of our ambition. I don't doubt you that we'll see it. But I think we've fallen short so far. Patience is a hard thing to have with our recent history in mind. Our fixture list is great too. It's a brilliant opportunity to get off to a flyer. It's not a time for panic but it's frustrating.
Correct. Being frustrated and expressing an opinion of 'not good enough' so far this Summer doesn't mean you don't see the big picture.
However those calling him a fraud and such are wumming surely.

With respect the managers of City and United tend not to inherit the types of unbalanced squads that Koeman has.
Hmmm maybe, maybe not.

Although our squad was vastly inferior to theirs, they still had issues.

They just haven't dragged their heels as long over it by the looks of it.

To be 1 week to kick off and brought 1 player in is quite astonishing considering where we finished last 2 seasons and I cannot blame any fan for having concerns on that side of things.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back