Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
I can say quite confidently the stadium will pay for itself. The paltry amount Goodison makes gives BM plenty of scope to not hit its maximum (Which we wouldn't as we wouldn't be in the PL) but still earn enough to cover the repayments on a loan.
What will the final debt amount to?
What will the Interest amount to?
For how long?

The seat prices will go up? - more than likely
52000 x £65 = £3.38M x 21games (19 + 2) = £32.3M minus match day expenses = ??

I have some doubts about The New Stadium (when/ if it's finished...and depending on who actually ends up owning it) being a net positive contributer.

Time will tell, we wait and see etc, etc.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Jesus Christ, just because someone's mentioned administration on a twitter thread and it's become word of the day doesn't mean it's looming. The club has assets and there hasn't been the merest hint of default on debts. There is a long list of things that could and would happen to prevent insolvency. It's not impossible but it's a million miles off "inevitable".
Some blert puts something out on twitter and dim wits think it's gospel.

It's like a dodgy headline in the Telegraph/ Guardian saying Moshiri is under investigation as a person of interest and cannot operate in the UK.
Yet there's not one shred of evidence to back this up.

Some of our fans would take washing in.

The premium section alone is going to be damn near to the whole matchday income from Goodison. That's without the extras they drink at the bars, which you'd imagine could be considerable for 5 to 6k people for at least 19 times a year.

Everyone is going to be paying 30-40% more, although you could argue if we went down that might only be 20%. You've alluded already to food and beverages, you can easily see the fan plaza and the South Stand upper bars being legitimate places people will want to go before a game and not just the cursory one before going to your seats - if you bother at all. That is going to be difficult to project but you are probably looking at hundreds of thousands per game which will run into the millions over the course of a season.

This place will be open all the time so will be constantly turning over an income. More events and concerts. If we still had USM as a possibility to be a naming sponsor then we would have had that cover any repayment figure, we know we'll have to settle for far less bt should still be a substantial amount. A goal of 10 million should be achievable.

Overall that would give a rough matchday income of

12-15m hospitality/premium seating
10m Sponsorship
12-15m from the 11k increase in GA capacity
2-3m from extra food and beverages (should be a very safe lowball figure)
That's on top of the 12 or so million Goodison makes now... That might go up 30% too but I've left as is as some of premium seats 4 or so thousand are within these numbers and I want to downplay rather than give a best case scenario.

For a total of 46-53 million a year. Again without the events, stadium tours and all that which should be many times what we get now. The loan repayments could be 20 to 40m a year depending on how long a term and how badly stung we are on interest payments. If we do drop down to the championship we of course might earn less than we would per game in the PL but you have four more games to make back some of those losses. People say demand will drop to the floor but we see a full allocation travelling around the country and a capacity crowd at Goodison where some pay £55 to sit behind a post all the while we've won about 6 games in as many years. Just think if we were top of the Championship and smashing teams, this fanbase is more dedicated than some give credit.
I'm playing catch up here...nowt new...but I'll wait and see.

Well it really doesn't.
Exactly.
What makes anybody think Moshiri or whoever is actually the owner will allow that to happen.
They won't walk away with nothing.
Granted they could sell and take a loss, but they are not going to just write off the whole thing and say whoopsie, my bad,

Just enough will be put in, to keep us going, and then a sale, when the stadium is done and the new broadcasting deal is in.
Could be their own funds, or sell off more assets (players), but we won't be going anywhere near administration.

The premium section alone is going to be damn near to the whole matchday income from Goodison. That's without the extras they drink at the bars, which you'd imagine could be considerable for 5 to 6k people for at least 19 times a year.

Everyone is going to be paying 30-40% more, although you could argue if we went down that might only be 20%. You've alluded already to food and beverages, you can easily see the fan plaza and the South Stand upper bars being legitimate places people will want to go before a game and not just the cursory one before going to your seats - if you bother at all. That is going to be difficult to project but you are probably looking at hundreds of thousands per game which will run into the millions over the course of a season.

This place will be open all the time so will be constantly turning over an income. More events and concerts. If we still had USM as a possibility to be a naming sponsor then we would have had that cover any repayment figure, we know we'll have to settle for far less bt should still be a substantial amount. A goal of 10 million should be achievable.

10m Sponsorship
That's on top of the 12 or so million Goodison makes now... That might go up 30% too but I've left as is as some of premium seats 4 or so thousand are within these numbers and I want to downplay rather than give a best case scenario.

For a total of 46-53 million a year. Again without the events, stadium tours and all that which should be many times what we get now. The loan repayments could be 20 to 40m a year depending on how long a term and how badly stung we are on interest payments. If we do drop down to the championship we of course might earn less than we would per game in the PL but you have four more games to make back some of those losses. People say demand will drop to the floor but we see a full allocation travelling around the country and a capacity crowd at Goodison where some pay £55 to sit behind a post all the while we've won about 6 games in as many years. Just think if we were top of the Championship and smashing teams, this fanbase is more dedicated than some give credit.
Is there a bleach bar?

10m Sponsorship

Well if I could afford I wouldn't pay it if the beer wasn't included at premium ffs 😅

Well if I could afford I wouldn't pay it if the beer wasn't included at premium ffs 😅

I know right I feel the same way. The cardinal rule is and always has been if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it.

How the other half live when they go sit in their 9k a season seats and drop a couple of hundred more on a few bottles of champagne...