Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

Agreed mate.
The problem, for me anyway, is that all the mistakes have been made where it matters most. On the football pitch.
He may be doing his best, but he is showing himself to be naive and clueless. It appears we are actually going backwards despite having wasted all the money spent since his arrival.
I try to remain positive in general. I think off field he has been great for us so far, and that will multiply when the stadium build begins. However, I see nothing in the football department side of things to show any improvement any time soon.

I know that the net spend isn't as big as people think, as we've spent a fortune (as in £200mill?) but, sold players to subsidise this spending. That shouldn't detract from the fact that the footie on the pitch is so poor! I still can't get my head around how we have wasted this opportunity?
If, we spend as big next summer, then we know either Mosh is splurging all his cash on the 'project' or, there is another 'investor' lurking.

Its about time this was said....the way some so called supporters on here are attacking Moshiri is nothing short of shameful .More progress has been made at this club since he has been here than for many years before, for one main reason...his financial clout.

Absolute rubbish ! Moshiri has come in and sold our best players.Remember the line `NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME ` Stones Lukaku Barkley sold Lukaku stating publically he left as he saw through Moshiris Bullsh** project
The man will saddle the club with debt if we let him.

Last edited:
Moshiri is doing nothing the Club is borrowing £280m on favourable terms from the Council and there are vague promises about where the other £220m+ is coming from. Moshiri saying that we don't need to worry about money whilst he is involved has now turned into Mosh is puting up £220m+.

Listen to Elstone if costs escalate then we pull out.
Clueless

Steve Wigan needs go and watch Wigan it looking like they are getting some real time owners
and not an Iranian fraudster

If you have evidence of fraud, go to the police. Tell me, what do you know about Wigans new owner, or did you mean Oldhams new owner. Both on a slightly different level, although at various times I've watched them and enjoyed the football. Equally, they've both been rubbish at different times.

If you have evidence of fraud, go to the police. Tell me, what do you know about Wigans new owner, or did you mean Oldhams new owner. Both on a slightly different level, although at various times I've watched them and enjoyed the football. Equally, they've both been rubbish at different times.

Perhaps too strong a word, `chancer` may be better suited, of course only my opinion.
Interesting watch re Wigan have to wait and see must be exciting times for both clubs new money etc

How on earth is it shameful that some fans are holding the fella to account? You talk about progress, but there hasn't been any. We have gone backwards - it can't be disputed, it's a fact.

Our league position is higher than when he took over & our financial position is immeasurably better than when he took over.

So no it’s not a fact, far from it.

Our league position is higher than when he took over & our financial position is immeasurably better than when he took over.

So no it’s not a fact, far from it.

Our financial position means nothing if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with ones who aren't as good. If our dealings are purely based on Moshiri's interest in the club, then that's a precarious position to be in. Aston Villa will tell you that.

If you genuinely think we've gone forwards as a club then fair enough. I look at the squad, the manager and another season of failure and completely disagree.

Our financial position means nothing if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with ones who aren't as good. If our dealings are purely based on Moshiri's interest in the club, then that's a precarious position to be in. Aston Villa will tell you that.

If you genuinely think we've gone forwards as a club then fair enough. I look at the squad, the manager and another season of failure and completely disagree.

As soon as you or anybody else mentions the club 'selling our best players' you are obviously talkin crap.
Non of the players I assume you're talking about wanted to stay and stated that. Fact.

Stop using that as an argument and you may then get people to read the rest of your posts more objectively.

The only player that I can think of that was sold against his will was Dunc.

As soon as you or anybody else mentions the club 'selling our best players' you are obviously talkin crap.
Non of the players I assume you're talking about wanted to stay and stated that. Fact.

Stop using that as an argument and you may then get people to read the rest of your posts more objectively.

The only player that I can think of that was sold against his will was Dunc.

Selling our best players and replacing them with signings who are nowhere near as good. That is moving backwards.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back