Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Perhaps too strong a word, `chancer` may be better suited, of course only my opinion.
Interesting watch re Wigan have to wait and see must be exciting times for both clubs new money etc

The Oldham guy has already admitted he is not loaded and has only promised 'commitment'.. the Wigan takeover is interesting mainly because Whelan, who was still the power at Wigan despite having 'retired' is a cagey old fox and knows how to squeeze the maximum out of any situation. They are expecting to be in the Championshop next year, and up to now have been well run. I had a couple of Aussie visitors over last year and they wanted pictures taken outside the JW(they were Rugby League fans). Girl on reception asked if we'd like a look round, and treated us to three hours full tour including board room physio room changing rooms tunnel on to pitch,trophys, They don't do tours normally,and she wouldn't take a penny from us.Brilliant PR.

The Oldham guy has already admitted he is not loaded and has only promised 'commitment'.. the Wigan takeover is interesting mainly because Whelan, who was still the power at Wigan despite having 'retired' is a cagey old fox and knows how to squeeze the maximum out of any situation. They are expecting to be in the Championshop next year, and up to now have been well run. I had a couple of Aussie visitors over last year and they wanted pictures taken outside the JW(they were Rugby League fans). Girl on reception asked if we'd like a look round, and treated us to three hours full tour including board room physio room changing rooms tunnel on to pitch,trophys, They don't do tours normally,and she wouldn't take a penny from us.Brilliant PR.

Must have been great for your visitors. I have spent a lot of time in Australia
always think its amazing how they have all heard of Wigan via the rugby.
Will be interesting to see what happens, and if they make it back to the premier league
A bbc commentator once said `Wigan everyones favourite second club`

That Whelan fella broke his leg at Wembley a while back.

Currently yes, but this statement may require some reassessment in the coming weeks if we don't pull our finger out.
Imagine Bill Kenwright was in charge overseeing this catastrophe.

Moshiri gets a pass though for dragging the club into the gutter with his actions and comments, diminishing our team's status in the game, recycling player cash and relying on tv cash to keep the plate spinning and, last but not least, is preparing to foist a debt of planet-sized proportions on Everton which would have had Hicks and Gillett blushing with shame.

A carpet bagger. Pure and simple.

Our financial position means nothing if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with ones who aren't as good. If our dealings are purely based on Moshiri's interest in the club, then that's a precarious position to be in. Aston Villa will tell you that.

If you genuinely think we've gone forwards as a club then fair enough. I look at the squad, the manager and another season of failure and completely disagree.

The “it can’t be disputed, it’s a fact” line changed pretty quickly.

On the pitch we are struggling I think everyone is on the same page.

Off it though the club is on the up, people can chat all the rubbish in the world on here with regards to finances but their figures never add up, that’s when they even produce any.

So ...you're not complaining about the way things are, but you are complaining about the way things might be in the future.
You couldn't make it up. Or could you?
I'm complaining about the state of our squad for sure. We're clinging on to 9th place by our finger nails and look like the classic 'too good to down' team that drops into the mire.

The “it can’t be disputed, it’s a fact” line changed pretty quickly.

On the pitch we are struggling I think everyone is on the same page.

Off it though the club is on the up, people can chat all the rubbish in the world on here with regards to finances but their figures never add up, that’s when they even produce any.

The it can't be disputed line changed because I realised it's a matter of opinion and your opinion was that with the current squad, manager and performances you think the club has actually gone forward because maybe we are one or two places higher in the league than when Moshiri bought his shares. I completely and utterly disagree, and think we're in a mess.

Off the pitch you make a leap of faith don't you. You can think this stadium will definitely be built and be unflinching in your support for the board, or you can question whether another King's Dock fiasco is in the offing. You can also think that money will continue to be poured into the team from Moshiri's back pocket (I'd dispute whether that's happening) or worry that it could easily dry up.

The it can't be disputed line changed because I realised it's a matter of opinion and your opinion was that with the current squad, manager and performances you think the club has actually gone forward because maybe we are one or two places higher in the league than when Moshiri bought his shares. I completely and utterly disagree, and think we're in a mess.

Off the pitch you make a leap of faith don't you. You can think this stadium will definitely be built and be unflinching in your support for the board, or you can question whether another King's Dock fiasco is in the offing. You can also think that money will continue to be poured into the team from Moshiri's back pocket (I'd dispute whether that's happening) or worry that it could easily dry up.

First paragraph is pointless because your’re arguing against a point I haven’t made, ignored my post & put words in my mouth.

The fact you’d dispute that he’s even put money into the club is just ridiculous.

Imagine Bill Kenwright was in charge overseeing this catastrophe.

Moshiri gets a pass though for dragging the club into the gutter with his actions and comments, diminishing our team's status in the game, recycling player cash and relying on tv cash to keep the plate spinning and, last but not least, is preparing to foist a debt of planet-sized proportions on Everton which would have had Hicks and Gillett blushing with shame.

A carpet bagger. Pure and simple.
I think Kenwright IS overseeing quite a lot of this catastrophe...which is part of the problem Moshiri needs to address.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back