Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
But we ended up with Allardyce because he bolloxed the Silva pursuit. 5 weeks he spent on that. There's managers out there that are far better than Allardyce other than Silva and other clubs seem to have no problem getting them at pretty short notice. It's called forward planning, and this feller obviously has no conception of it.

He's not infallible.

In my view he sacked Koeman too soon and what I meant when I said "It's all this cry arsing, and having a regime who react to it that has played a significant part in us currently having Sam Allardyce as our manager".

What followed Koeman's sacking was desperation but I think he has someone lined up in the summer.

I think being devils advocate mate, he needs someone more savvy on the football side then he currently has around him... because the ones advising him have agenda's and are just as bad at that side.

Added to the fact that Walsh is a absolute turd burgler and doesnt know his arse from his elbow doesn't help... Walsh pushed Moshiri into getting Sam...
I agree. And it fits in with him doing what I've advocated a few times myself: that he disappears from sight and sound and employs an experienced and respected within the industry CEO to oversee this club.

I agree. And it fits in with him doing what I've advocated a few times myself: that he disappears from sight and sound and employs an experienced and respected within the industry CEO to oversee this club.

I think its a must that the top down has a shuffle... he really needs savvy people advising him, because think right now peoples agendas and boys clubs are doing no favours...

Am not too sure who the answer is, I just wish when he came he could have convinced David Dein to come on board and oversee everything until Kenwright went, then recruit someone new.

Let's get this clear: Moshiri has spent the grand total of f.a. on players since he arrived. The club has paid for them out of revenues received in all their guises.

How can you possibly say that? Do you know the exact wage costs between when he got here and today? How much the transfers were in total - not just the headline fees but player bonuses/agent fees etc. etc.? Then how much we have paid to fire and hire the managers and support staff? Part of that extra revenues you are talking about has been personally brought in by him via USM and not having to pay interest on our debts.

Once you have all that information then you can be clear about whether he has or whether he hasn't.

He's not infallible.

In my view he sacked Koeman too soon and what I meant when I said "It's all this cry arsing, and having a regime who react to it that has played a significant part in us currently having Sam Allardyce as our manager".

What followed Koeman's sacking was desperation but I think he has someone lined up in the summer.

People in proper control though dont wait until a manager starts to falter and then start casting about for a replacement, they'll always have irons in the fire ready to pull out.

I think it's abundantly clear from what happened after Koeman was fired was that there was a vacuum there where a new manager should have been slotted almost immediately into.

Ok, he;s new to the footy industry. But if he's to prove he's not just completely all at sea in it he has to quickly move to replace Allardyce et al and bring in a new coaching staff and (if he's determined to pursue the role) a new DoF this summer.

If we conjured 2 extra wins this season, (or Koeman had prior being sacked on gameweek 9) we'd 7th which is our level - whether we want to accept it or not.

I think as a fan base we need to consider whether we're deluding ourselves.

It's all this cry arsing, and having a regime who react to it that has played a significant part in us currently having Sam Allardyce as our manager.
to be honest where you say 'we would be 7th' what does that actually mean? 7th could be 50 points at this point in the season or it could be what it is, 33. It league position isn't an example of progress or standing, within 2 games we could well be 18th in the league from 9th right now. We have been 9th for weeks despite not actually winning any games for over a month. right now 7th below is actually quite the example how how bad this league has been, the fact there is such a gap there being prime example of how little the placings mean.

Is it really cry arsing to actually give a damn about Everton though mate? for everyone cry arsing is someone who actually cares about the club, as you also do. And it isn't really just wanting better or expecting to be challenging for the title or any pipedream like that, it is simply wanting to see the club do something right for once, we are the fan base who saw their manager have nothing to spend for 2 years. We are the fan base who have just seen 300 million pound spent for a relegation battle, and the second worst manager hired after 5-6 weeks of looking.

Money has been made available, it's just been wasted on rubbish

Question always is he’s the one who hires these jokes.

Only got himself to blame so he best swallow his medicine and sack them all, bring in a DOF who’s going to salvage what he can from this squad and bring in a manager who’s going to play progressive attaching football and build a culture of how we like to play.

Moshiri is looking like the new Simon Jordan at the moment; playing Championship Manager with real money at a real club. Problem is, for all his probable genuine intent for the club, he is an accountant at the end of the day, not a skilled football operator. You never hear from Joe Lewis at Spurs, it's left to Levy to manage the corporate & finance arrangements with a manager who has developed a successful playing squad & strategy.

Now Spurs fans may say that the lack of trophies suggests they still haven't cracked it - and that's probably fair - so what does that say about us? We've got Moshiri leveraging funds, financing deals for long term investment and rather than do that behind the scenes he has to front up on the footballing side because we had had Kenwright playing the part of Madame Twanky for years. But Moshiri should stick to the background because his forays into communicationing at the AGM or by Jim White tend to show him up. Then we have the debacle of poor appointments at a managerial level that has left us with a bloated, uncohesive and largely ineffective squad that is going to take some time - and further funds - to rebuild. Or, we soon will be playing Championship Manager for real.

We are horrible at the moment, we seem incabable of managing funds at an increased level - we missed out in the early days of Sky Money due to a lack of vision & in fighting, we seem to have a backer now who has money, but we have this seem lesson endless ability to squander it, you only have to look at our managerial compensation payments to see that in the past three years, oh and then we have the playing squad!

Moshiri and his advisers need to take a long hard look at events since he took his shareholding and recognise that he has contributed in part to this state of affairs. The lack of leadership from the top has filtered down, football isn't his gift, he needs to find someone like Levy to run the club on his behalf and bring about changes in the Board that sees us manage a stadium move & show progress on the pitch because those occupying those positions today have shown themselves incapable; unless he does we will lumber from one disaster to the next.

to be honest where you say 'we would be 7th' what does that actually mean? 7th could be 50 points at this point in the season or it could be what it is, 33. It league position isn't an example of progress or standing, within 2 games we could well be 18th in the league from 9th right now. We have been 9th for weeks despite not actually winning any games for over a month. right now 7th below is actually quite the example how how bad this league has been, the fact there is such a gap there being prime example of how little the placings mean.

The point being the fine margins that exist in the game and how we're only ever a few weeks away from hysteria or panic.

The club and it's fans would benefit from calmer heads. I think this article made a very good point with "the age of social media has or rather is re-defining us as supporters".

The point being the fine margins that exist in the game and how we're only ever a few weeks away from hysteria or panic.

The club and it's fans would benefit from calmer heads. I think this article made a very good point with "the age of social media has or rather is re-defining us as supporters".
The issue isn't as black and white as that sadly. It's either show some anger towards the board and cry arse (or bed wetting as others put it on here) or just accepting what is going on. That is a staple of this club, non action from the fan base. No protests until it's far past the point they are needed.

Probably mentioned a million times before but you mentioning social media in terms of the fan base is comparable to a previous argument from years ago about the fans going the game and the fans online. Especially about how polarised under moyes that the match going fans were on the whole supportive and accepting of everything like you suggest, compared to people on internet forums actually questioning it all.

But when it comes to opinions I don't agree in labelling fans like this. Noones opinion is right or wrong but just what they think (or feel) about everton. A 'happy clapper' is no more right than a internet dweller but no more wrong either.

Agree Dave
We need
A CEO who has experience of getting big builds done on time and on budget
A footballing CEO to look after the football side of things and appoint a good experienced DOF
A new Commercial Director to seek out and obtain sponsorship and new revenue streams
An experienced manager willing to work with the DOF
The DOF and manager need to be given a minimum of 2 years to turn things around ( only proviso being we are mid table or above )

The issue isn't as black and white as that sadly. It's either show some anger towards the board and cry arse (or bed wetting as others put it on here) or just accepting what is going on.

The irony being here is that's my exact point. It's not black and white, but you follow that with "it's either or".

It's not.

We/football fans in general need to be less bi-polar and appreciate longer term/context. Both with the hysteria/praise and the doom and gloom.

The flak Moshiri is taking here, and has done for some time is an example of...

z9c83.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back