Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's a shame we have a billionaire who commits f.a. to the squad. All he's done is failed to oversee the massive player sale and tv money of the last two seasons. That's been Moshiri's contribution. The 'kin beaut.
This - blatantly obvious what’s been going on. Absolutely zero ambition being shown. Get Elstone, Walsh & Allardyce out, get top class replacements in, spend some money on the team and I’ll start to believe otherwise.

Oh come on.

Are you saying that after an 8th place finish, starting the season with a clean slate and 2 transfer windows, we arent vastly more attractive than a 16th place side with 1 win in 12 games?

I mean you dont always have to fight me David, its not always ME and YOU, sometimes its US.
The type of manager that will go to a side 16th and a side 8th aren't that different. They go for the cash on offer. It's a massive gap in prestige and attractiveness between a club in 8th in the PL and a team occupying the first six places of the league at the moment. We cant expect to get hold of a manager who would look to manage at that level. We just cant. A Silva is about our upper limit. All talk of Fonseca and Emery is just embarrassing the people who suggest it.

The type of manager that will go to a side 16th and a side 8th aren't that different. They go for the cash on offer. It's a massive gap in prestige and attractiveness between a club in 8th in the PL and a team occupying the first six places of the league at the moment. We cant expect to get hold of a manager who would look to manage at that level. We just cant. A Silva is about our upper limit. All talk of Fonseca and Emery is just embarrassing the people who suggest it.

Fonseca and Emery arent on the same tier tho David.

Silva and Fonseca are.

Fonseca has nothing to warrant him being talked about in the same breath as Emery, IMO.

it's possible that Moshiri, having been an interested observer at Arsenal when they were in the throes of financing their new stadium, has decided that the club can afford to finance a new stadium or a team to challenge the top six, but not both. (Arsenal, remember, greatly reduced their spending on players.) It may well be that he is correct. £22,000,000 or more to pay back the council loan, if it happens, and a larger amount to pay back the additional loans to build a new stadium will leave little or no money for buying new players. It's a tough decision, but I think, for what it's worth, that the stadium is the only realistic hope of long term improvement. Of course, if the additional funding to build the stadium came from another very rich, but seemingly, very shy source, things might be different.

I can see Sam staying to be honest. With the players we are also being linked to it looks like we also have a limited transfer budget. I know being linked with players means nothing but I’m just getting the impression we won’t be spending anything like last season.

Think money will be saved to show we can part finance a stadium and if this is the case maybe Mosh wants a safe pair of hands (which Sam is let’s be honest) at the helm.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back