Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's simple mate, and you're avoiding it:

Wages and fees have been taken care of by incoming player sale cash and tv cash.

The debt he bought up is now our debt TO HIM. He;ll get that back in one form or another. That is part of his INVESTMENT.

Honest to God, I doubt there's another poster on the forum who actually believes that this feller is pumping a penny into this club. Maybe you think he;s a Jack Walker type benefactor?

He's not collecting interest and he put in 150M of cash to pay off debt. OF COURSE it's equity, because its his frigging club. He owns it. I cannot believe that you don't understand that. It's his investment that he's making NOTHING OFF OF. He's not taking profits from Everton, he's not taking any cash back. As a result, he eliminated a significant amount of interest payments to help with financial fair play.

So yes, if he sells the club and makes any money off of it - and I'm not even going to get into valuation methods - he would get his investment back. But the opportunity cost and money he's leaving off the table by just handing the club 150M is literally AT MINIMUM 5M a year, but realistically closer to 10M. So he's not just giving the club 150M, he's eating like 10M a year on top of that AND saving the club almost as much in interest by paying off the debt, which is saving the club like 10M a year at least.

So by any accounts, he's been a tremendous owner from a financial standpoint. He's clearly not making investment to make money downstream or else he's insane, and he's absolutely not.

Now the second he starts taking money out of the club, we can have a different conversation. But until that happens and/or we start spending less than we take in, which we don't right now, you need to stop talking out of your behind.

He's not collecting interest and he put in 150M of cash to pay off debt. OF COURSE it's equity, because its his frigging club. He owns it. I cannot believe that you don't understand that. It's his investment that he's making NOTHING OFF OF. He's not taking profits from Everton, he's not taking any cash back. As a result, he eliminated a significant amount of interest payments to help with financial fair play.

So yes, if he sells the club and makes any money off of it - and I'm not even going to get into valuation methods - he would get his investment back. But the opportunity cost and money he's leaving off the table by just handing the club 150M is literally AT MINIMUM 5M a year, but realistically closer to 10M. So he's not just giving the club 150M, he's eating like 10M a year on top of that AND saving the club almost as much in interest by paying off the debt, which is saving the club like 10M a year at least.

So by any accounts, he's been a tremendous owner from a financial standpoint. He's clearly not making investment to make money downstream or else he's insane, and he's absolutely not.

Now the second he starts taking money out of the club, we can have a different conversation. But until that happens and/or we start spending less than we take in, which we don't right now, you need to stop talking out of your behind.
Like prophet Bill, tried to take us to Kirkby for a quick pay day

Wages before Moshiri
2015 £83M
2016 £84M
Wages after Moshiri
2017 £105M
2018 £140M

EvLiv-8w.jpg

Net spend in two seasons before Moshiri arrived
Seasons 2014/15 and 2015/16 = £64M
Net spend in two seasons after Moshiri arrived
Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18 = £78M

So yeah, apart from 60m a year difference in wage bill, hes done nothin.

Yes, but we have had more money into the club. Ultimately I reckon that growth mirrors the rest of the premier league.

Ultimately we need better decisions across the club, we are spending more money but not buying better players. All things being equal (ie manager and tactics) The first 11 we had in 2013 would be beat the first 11 in 2017. The money is irrelevant

Ive just given you a run down above, sure my figures arent cast iron, of course, but they give a rough idea of the level of investment.

So to answer your question, yes, I am 99% certain that Farhad Moshiri has put money into this club, more than any other person in our entire history.

Your figures really do not match up, you claim we have only spent the TV money increase, despite sacking and appointing 3 managers, despite our wage bill increasing by 60m over 2 years and despite us still having a positive net spend.

Put it this way, if he hasnt invested a single penny, there is defo a magic money tree at the bottom of FF.
Maybe they found the Arteta Money

The clues where there all along when the fraud sold Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, with Pickford and Lookman next

I don’t think he’s a fraud but he maybe knows little about football, his intentions, I don’t think are genuinely malevolent.
When he came to goodison and stood next to Sam Allardyce, in that scalf. I thought, ‘we’ve got our very own private pike running the show’!!

The clues where there all along when the fraud sold Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, with Pickford and Lookman next
And spent money well beyond those funds. Again, he's doing EXACTLY what the rest of those uber rich owners did upon purchasing these clubs, loan interest free to the club to pay off debt. This isn't even like Southampton or Watford where the owners are lending with interest rates, some above risk free and even common bank rates.

So yes, Ambramovich, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, those guys then were complete selfish jerks who lent money to their clubs, too. The funniest part is whether or not it's a loan or equity, it doesn't flippin' matter. These guys own the club, they are going to get any pay out if they sell whether or not it's a loan or shares.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back