Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The clues where there all along when the fraud sold Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, with Pickford and Lookman next

I mean, not that I think he's done anything for the club yet or nothing

but lukaku wanted to go and we had to sell him whilst he had 2 years left on his contract ( he rejected a new one )

barkley rejected a new contract and had 6 months left

stones handed in abar 18 transfer requests and we got big money for him

weve already rejected a few bids for lookman

I wonder why all these good players are so desperate to leave Everton.

Ambition not being matched is my guess.

The writing is already on the wall for Pickford.
Having a decent World Cup has enhanced his rep and his value.

He will be the next big money exit to fund the Kenwright/Moshiri ‘dream’.

Apart from Brands coming in and a bit of a restructure the club have done sweet FA of note this summer.

The new stadium seems to have ground to a halt with ongoing question marks about funding and the playing squad is the same as last season apart from a few departures.

It’s a great time to be an Evertonian.

The clues where there all along when the fraud sold Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, with Pickford and Lookman next

Football in shock as mid table club that doesn’t win anything isn’t able to keep its best players until they retire. Football community bewildered why Everton are the only club in the world afflicted with this problem as other clubs keep star players from the grasp of the big boys with ease. Real Madrid and Barcelona are now said to be following an Everton only transfer policy as no other clubs will sell th their best players.

Like almost everything the truth lies somewhere in between.

He has invested 150 mill in the club that will eventually be turned into shares. The plan as far as i read it is the stadiums is the key part of that strategic investment. In order to maximize his investment the price of Everton has to rise so he can sell it on. The vehicle for that is the stadium and improved infrastructure that will increase the value of the club. That will see a profit on his shares eventually.

The 150 million went into clearing the balance sheet. That is vital before we can enter into loan arrangements with the council and else where to fund the stadium no body is going to enter into a lending arrangement with another body if the borrower is holding 10's of million in debt.

So he cleared the balance sheet and the rest went to providing working capital to the club.

What was that spent on? From my reading a few bits it allowed us to raise the wage bill and to supplement transfers. All of that is fine in theory.

Now the rub, it is true to say a lot of our transfer activity has been provided by outs. We have sold every sell-able gem we have in Lukaku, Barkley and Stones and this has funded the vast majority of transfer business and wages. The rest has been supplemented by Moshiri's investment and it in reality he is a modest contributor.

Its important to say on the above that decision making in this has been weak and poorly governed - in essence we blew the boom, we lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku and have gotten worse by spending poorly. That is poor management from the coach, DOF all the way up to the board and Moshiri himself. Shockingly bad.We are left with wage bill of 140 mill with a turnover of 180 million. Unsustainable.

What has been fiasco, is the hiring and firing of managers and backroom teams i make that liability somewhere between 40 - 60 million in compensation from Martinez onward. That is shockingly bad considering the above wage figures and now this compo, you can see why there is very little cash flow in the club and we are so keen to cut our cost base i.e. players and wages.

Something many people haven't picked up on is we have borrowed on the strength of transfer fees expected i.e. we are due payments on particularly the Stones and Lukaku deals over a period of years. We have borrowed on the strength of those advanced payments, so when they are received they go to the bank in repayment. Its creative accounting.

So i would summise in theory Moshiri has been good for Everton but very poor in practice. He has tried to take remedial steps this summer to stop the flow of blood from the wound but some damage has already been done.

He is not the goose who lays the golden eggs, in essence he is mid level PL investor trying to turn a profit and raise the value of the club with good intent but thus far has been poor in practice and is i suspect he is tapped out for a couple of years. In essence he has brought in Brands as a receiver in a way to rationalise the business as its getting to be a basket case and is unsustainable.

Anything that has been spent on the pitch has been supplemented rather then provided. Its mostly sales and supplements. There is a lot of clever accounting going on to that we would do well to keep an eye on. He is not a game changer owner in my opinion.

That is my analysis of the situation.

Last edited:
Like almost everything the truth lies some were in between.

He has invested 150 mill in the club that will eventually be turned into shares. The plan as far as i read it is the stadiumsis the key part of that strategic investment. In order to maximize his investment the price of everton has to rise so he can sell it on. The vehicle for that is the stadium and improved infrastructure that will increase the value of the club. That will see a profit on his shares eventually.

The 150 million went into clearing the balance sheet. That is vital before we can enter into loan arrangements with the council and else where to fund the stadium no body is going to enter into a lending arrangement with another body if the borrower is holding 100's of million in debt.

So he cleared the balance sheet and the rest went to providing working capital to the club.

What was that spent on? from my reading a few bits it allowed us to raise the wage bill and to supplement transfers. All of that is fine in theory.

Now the rub, it is true to say a lot of our transfer activity has been provided by outs. we have sold every sell-able gem we have in Lukaku, Barkley and Stones and this has funded the vast majority of transfer business and wages. The rest has been supplemented by Moshiri's investment and it in reality he is a modest contributor.

Its important to say on the above that decision making in this has been weak and porrly governed - in essence we blew the boom, we lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku and have gotten worse by spending poorly. That is poor management from the coach, DOF all the way up to the board and Moshiri himself. Shockingly bad.we are left with wage bill of 140 mill with a turnover of 180 million. Unsustainable.

What has all been fiasco and is the hiring and firing of managers and backroom teams i make that liability somewhere between 40 - 60 million in compensation form Martinez onward. That is shockingly bad considering the above wage figures and this compo, you can see why there is very little cash flow int he club and we are so keen to cut our cost base i.e. players and wages.

Something many people haven't picked up on is we have borrowed on the strength of transfer fees expected i.e. we are due payments on particularly the Stones and Lukaku deals over a period of years. We have borrowed on the strength of those advanced payments, so when they are received they go to the bank in repayment. Its creative accounting.

So i would summise in theory Moshiri has been good for everton in theory but very poor in practice. He has tried to take remidial steps this summer to stop the flow of blood from the wound but some damage has already been done.

He is not the goose who lays the golden eggs, in essence he is mid level PL investor trying to turn a profit and raise the value of the club with good intent but thus far has been poor in practice and is suspect he is tapped out for a couple of years and in essence he has brought in Brands as a receiver in a way to rationalise the business as its getting to be a basket case and is unsustainable. Anything hthat has spent on the pitch has been supplemented rather then provided. Its mostly sales and supplements. There is a lot of clever accounting going on to that we would do well to keep an eye on. He is not a game changer owner in my opinion.

Thats my analysis of the situation,
Whoever expected Moshiri would carry us on a golden chariot into the land of the top 5 clubs? I imagine nobody did. Stability is all that is required to enable us to maintain our position as a higher end mid-table club with aspirations in the long term to make it into the CL places. Anything more is fantasy, and only Leicester briefly managed that before returning to normal. I don't believe our financial situation is as black as you painted it.

Like almost everything the truth lies somewhere in between.

He has invested 150 mill in the club that will eventually be turned into shares. The plan as far as i read it is the stadiums is the key part of that strategic investment. In order to maximize his investment the price of Everton has to rise so he can sell it on. The vehicle for that is the stadium and improved infrastructure that will increase the value of the club. That will see a profit on his shares eventually.

The 150 million went into clearing the balance sheet. That is vital before we can enter into loan arrangements with the council and else where to fund the stadium no body is going to enter into a lending arrangement with another body if the borrower is holding 10's of million in debt.

What was that spent on? From my reading a few bits it allowed us to raise the wage bill and to supplement transfers. All of that is fine in theory.

Now the rub, it is true to say a lot of our transfer activity has been provided by outs. We have sold every sell-able gem we have in Lukaku, Barkley and Stones and this has funded the vast majority of transfer business and wages. The rest has been supplemented by Moshiri's investment and it in reality he is a modest contributor.

Its important to say on the above that decision making in this has been weak and poorly governed - in essence we blew the boom, we lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku and have gotten worse by spending poorly. That is poor management from the coach, DOF all the way up to the board and Moshiri himself. Shockingly bad.We are left with wage bill of 140 mill with a turnover of 180 million. Unsustainable.

What has been fiasco, is the hiring and firing of managers and backroom teams i make that liability somewhere between 40 - 60 million in compensation from Martinez onward. That is shockingly bad considering the above wage figures and now this compo, you can see why there is very little cash flow in the club and we are so keen to cut our cost base i.e. players and wages.

So i would summise in theory Moshiri has been good for Everton but very poor in practice. He has tried to take remedial steps this summer to stop the flow of blood from the wound but some damage has already been done.

He is not the goose who lays the golden eggs, in essence he is mid level PL investor trying to turn a profit and raise the value of the club with good intent but thus far has been poor in practice and is i suspect he is tapped out for a couple of years. In essence he has brought in Brands as a receiver in a way to rationalise the business as its getting to be a basket case and is unsustainable.

Anything that has been spent on the pitch has been supplemented rather then provided. Its mostly sales and supplements. There is a lot of clever accounting going on to that we would do well to keep an eye on. He is not a game changer owner in my opinion.

That is my analysis of the situation.
pretty good analysis ...especially the "he is tapped out for a couple of years" bit; he most certainly is. Fatty Koeman and Gormless Walsh wrought terrible damage on Everton. Two clueless meffs, those two wastes of space...and Moshiri, in hiring them, proved he's not really up to much...a glorified accountant really.

In short: Fatso and Gormless knackered Everton for at least two, probably 3 seasons...

...Everton that.

Moral of the story: if you expend profit (Lukaku sale) and extend net debt, make damn sure the investment made (Sandro, Klaassen, Iceland etc etc etc), provides return commensurate with risks inherent of such (negative cash flow) sortie....else you be stranded high and dry.

...Everton is currently stranded high and dry

Last edited:
pretty good analysis ...especially the "he is tapped out for a couple of years" bit; he most certainly is. Fatty Koeman and Gormless Walsh wrought terrible damage on Everton. Two clueless meffs, those two wastes of space...and Moshiri, in hiring them, proved he's not really up to much...a glorified accountant really.

In short: Fatso and Gormless knackered Everton for at least two, probably 3 seasons...

...Everton that.

Moral of the story: if you expend profit (Lukaku sale) and extend net debt, make damn sure the investment made (Sandro, Klaassen, Iceland etc etc etc), provides return commensurate with risks inherent of such (negative cash flow) sortie....else you be stranded high and dry.

...Everton is currently stranded high and dry

Running out of space on my banner. Can I stick to “Kenwright out”

Whoever expected Moshiri would carry us on a golden chariot into the land of the top 5 clubs? I imagine nobody did. Stability is all that is required to enable us to maintain our position as a higher end mid-table club with aspirations in the long term to make it into the CL places. Anything more is fantasy, and only Leicester briefly managed that before returning to normal. I don't believe our financial situation is as black as you painted it.

So you are saying that our decline under Moshiri is permanent and that we will never have it as good as we did under Moyes and Kenwright when we used to aim for the top four and finish in 5th and 6th place on a regular basis?

Shocking news as Business man finds way to make more money.

A property firm today said it was offering investors the chance to join Farhad Moshiri as shareholders in the Royal Liver Building.

Brickvest this morning announced it was setting up a new investment fund for its members so they could put money into the world-famous Liverpool building.

The building was bought last year by global property giant Corestate and Everton FC's principal shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

Now property investment firm Brickvest has teamed up with Corestate to bring more cash into the building from smaller investors.

Brickvest's idea is that individuals can buy shares in a building in a similar way as they might buy shares in a company on the Stock Market.

The ECHO understands the Brickvest move won't affect Mr Moshiri's stake in the building .

Emmanuel Lumineau, CEO at BrickVest, called the Royal Liver Building a "safe haven opportunity".

He told the ECHO Liverpool was seen as a good market to invest in and that as a "landmark building" this was a suitable site to offer to his investors.

He added: "Also the co-investor of the building is well-known locally."

Brickvest is setting up a fund called Harvest Investment 6, with the Royal Liver Building as its only asset. Brickvest investors could then choose to put their money into the fund.

Corestate snapped up the building in February 2017 for £48m - equivalent at the time to 54.5m euros.

In today's announcement, Brickvest said: "The Royal Liver Building currently holds an asset value of approximately 60m euros" - some £54m at current rates.

Mr Lumineau said Brickvest had been set up to "democratise" investing in property so people could buy shares in big buildings even if they didn't have the tens of millions they would need to buy the buildings themselves.

He said: "People can invest in BT, or Google. But even if they invest in Liverpool they can't invest in, for example, the Royal Liver Building. That's where we started from."

But it's not for people who want to invest their pocket money - the platform is aimed at "high net worth" people who could afford to invest thousands, rather than at those who wanted to invest tens of pounds.

And as with any investment opportunity, Brickvest warns " The value of your investment can go down as well as up" .

Corestate said it was not planning to sell the building and welcomed the new investment from Brickvest.

A spokesperson said: "Whilst Corestate has its own private investor platform, Brickvest represents a fresh approach to access investors and Corestate has always been open to embrace new trends and technologies."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back