Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Nothing better than a good old twitter rumour to get the pot stirring.

giphy.gif

When it comes to Twitter, you only ever need to look at the type of dirge these folks post to presume whether or not they're correct in their analysis of the club/Moshiri.

Here's two of the perpetrators spreading the skint rumour tonight.

Verdict: Cranks.

Transfer window been open 15 days, amd our new manager has yet to see his squad play.

Some thoughts.
Since Moshiri came in he's tried to overhaul things at the club whilst also dealing with Kenwright clinging on to the last vestiges of his power.
I don't actually think Moshiri is a football expert at all, and some of the appointments he has made (or at least overseen) have been poor.

He tried to implement a DoF structure but got the wrong DoF and as a result has been badly burned after an awful summer of recruitment.

Since being at Everton he's spent over £25m sacking managers and has seen the club lumbered with some massively overpaid wastes of space with little resale value. (Sandro is one of our top 3 earners).

Like it or not, if he's insisting on caution this summer he has every right to, as so far the men he has trusted to spend his money have mostly wasted it.

The positive for me is he seems to be learning. He now has put a proper, experienced DoF in place who is used to working on a budget and isn't merely an overblown scout. He's also now got a manage who again can work with limitations, and he has the two seemingly singing from the same hymnsheet, working together to establish a playing culture and searching for players who fit it perfectly.

It may not be as exciting as going out and spending £200m and unveiling loads of new signings with jarg Twitter videos, but it's more responsible and has much more long term potential for success.

As for whether he has the "resources to bank roll Everton"... I'm not sure he ever has had that. He's not especially cash rich. Much of his net worth is asset based and he doesn't have billions lying around.

The twitter rumours do not seem to me to be eminating from a reliable source. This sort of stuff rears its head whenever the club has a quiet or inactive transfer window. At the moment I still believe it's a case of assessing the squad fully and waiting for some key targets who we've not been able to finalize yet due to the world cup and also the need to ship out some of the rotten wood.

I'm keeping the faith for now, but I'm also not expecting us to spend anything like what we did last year.

Some thoughts.
Since Moshiri came in he's tried to overhaul things at the club whilst also dealing with Kenwright clinging on to the last vestiges of his power.
I don't actually think Moshiri is a football expert at all, and some of the appointments he has made (or at least overseen) have been poor.

He tried to implement a DoF structure but got the wrong DoF and as a result has been badly burned after an awful summer of recruitment.

Since being at Everton he's spent over £25m sacking managers and has seen the club lumbered with some massively overpaid wastes of space with little resale value. (Sandro is one of our top 3 earners).

Like it or not, if he's insisting on caution this summer he has every right to, as so far the men he has trusted to spend his money have mostly wasted it.

The positive for me is he seems to be learning. He now has put a proper, experienced DoF in place who is used to working on a budget and isn't merely an overblown scout. He's also now got a manage who again can work with limitations, and he has the two seemingly singing from the same hymnsheet, working together to establish a playing culture and searching for players who fit it perfectly.

It may not be as exciting as going out and spending £200m and unveiling loads of new signings with jarg Twitter videos, but it's more responsible and has much more long term potential for success.

As for whether he has the "resources to bank roll Everton"... I'm not sure he ever has had that. He's not especially cash rich. Much of his net worth is asset based and he doesn't have billions lying around.

The twitter rumours do not seem to me to be eminating from a reliable source. This sort of stuff rears its head whenever the club has a quiet or inactive transfer window. At the moment I still believe it's a case of assessing the squad fully and waiting for some key targets who we've not been able to finalize yet due to the world cup and also the need to ship out some of the rotten wood.

I'm keeping the faith for now, but I'm also not expecting us to spend anything like what we did last year.

I think we need to accept what he has probably already accepted, basically, he messed up, big time.

So we/he now has 2 choices, he either exercises prudence for a short period of time or he "wastes" more money to try and fix a problem that cant be fixed anytime soon.

He shot for the moon, but ended up hitting a telephone wire instead.

For me it aint no thing, at least he tried, yeah?

We go again in a few years.

I think we need to accept what he has probably already accepted, basically, he messed up, big time.

So we/he now has 2 choices, he either exercises prudence for a short period of time or he "wastes" more money to try and fix a problem that cant be fixed anytime soon.

He shot for the moon, but ended up hitting a telephone wire instead.

For me it aint no thing, at least he tried, yeah?

We go again in a few years.

Exactly. Throwing good money after bad doesn't work.
The saving grace is Pickford tbh. He's now going to be a massively saleable asset. Some insurance in the event that we really go belly up.

The other signings we made over past 12 months - including good ones like Tosun and Walcott - are not going to make profits for us.

Vital now that Brands and Silva bring in players with potential for high resale profits. No one likes us being a selling club but it's hugely effective strategy and the only likely way to grow.

Exactly. Throwing good money after bad doesn't work.
The saving grace is Pickford tbh. He's now going to be a massively saleable asset. Some insurance in the event that we really go belly up.

The other signings we made over past 12 months - including good ones like Tosun and Walcott - are not going to make profits for us.

Vital now that Brands and Silva bring in players with potential for high resale profits. No one likes us being a selling club but it's hugely effective strategy and the only likely way to grow.

We have insurance, in the form of quite exceptional revenue, granted its revenue that we share with 19 other clubs, but its there, its all about Brands now really, as you say hes gotta buy low and work some magic, ive said for a while now, it wont be an easy process.

I just hope that the majority of the fanbase buys into what needs to happen, which is very doubtful, we are gonna need Silva to be quite a manager. All is not lost for me though, ive said a few times, Steve Walsh, for me, didnt buy bad players, as such, now clearly some of them it could be argued have looked very bad players, some of them have shown a quite disgusting attitude as well it must be said. But, 1 of Silvas qualities seems to be very good man management, if he can get the players firing, performing, well, theres a chance he can get a tune out of some of them.

But yeah, big few months coming up for the club, at this point in time I suspect this place will be quite the scene on 9th August,

His governance of this club has been horrendous. Beginning of the end for him now, I feel.

No movement on the stadium
No spending on players
No communication

The portents are ominous.
I’m sure when he joined he mentioned wanting a board of billionaires but I can’t find the quote anywhere.

There hasn’t been any sign of him trying to bring other investors on board.

His governance of this club has been horrendous. Beginning of the end for him now, I feel.

No movement on the stadium
No spending on players
No communication

The portents are ominous.
I'm still hopeful, but starting to be a little more concerned. For me, his 'tenure' is all ultimately about the stadium. If he brings that about (delivers) then fair enough. If not, I'm not sure where we go from there.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back