Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
People tried to do stuff in December and got turned on by most of goodison , we have the club we deserve
Did they?

I seem to remember it not being targeted at moshiri's woeful ownership in any way shape or form. It was squarely aimed at a board that moshiri has since come out and praised. There has been no real update on the strategic review mentioned at the start of the year. The 27 for 27 campaign tiptoed around the real crux of the problem because of the new stadium (which still has no public detail around how it's being paid for).

Did they?

I seem to remember it not being targeted at moshiri's woeful ownership in any way shape or form. It was squarely aimed at a board that moshiri has since come out and praised. There has been no real update on the strategic review mentioned at the start of the year. The 27 for 27 campaign tiptoed around the real crux of the problem because of the new stadium (which still has no public detail around how it's being paid for).
What Did you do mate? it was aimed at moshiri as he is the only one with the power to remove the board .

What Did you do mate? it was aimed at moshiri as he is the only one with the power to remove the board .
It was watered down to being a waste of time. Basically, "oh Farhad, you are so amazing and we love you and thanks for building a stadium, but would you mind awfully sacking the board because we don't think they are competent".

Where are they now?

I did nothing because I have accepted that we sold out by getting a "billionaire owner" and we have no real right to tell a private organisation how to conduct itself... Especially without putting any investment in myself.

I dont really wanna take issue with you over this, theres too much angst around as it is and rightfully so but you are here as often as most of us, so what's your point, really as it clearly "affects" you, as much as it does the rest of us?
Of course I do not desire Everton's relegation but, in recent times/years, I've found the team a very difficult one to like; to the extent that this forum is really my only connection. Same with the EPL in general.

We're not getting financing for that stadium if we go down. He's apparently put £100M into it. That'll be tagged onto the club I'd guess in the event of relegation. I cant see him leaving himself exposed to carrying that debt.

The whole thing with the stadium is such a mess I dont even want to think about it, tbh.

Can see him financing it himself to be honest. Then going back to the market when/if we got promoted, if we go down.

Doomsday scenario is there is a break clause in the whole deal i believe, if Everton pay for the demolition costs of work done so far.

It was watered down to being a waste of time. Basically, "oh Farhad, you are so amazing and we love you and thanks for building a stadium, but would you mind awfully sacking the board because we don't think they are competent".

Where are they now?

I did nothing because I have accepted that we sold out by getting a "billionaire owner" and we have no real right to tell a private organisation how to conduct itself... Especially without putting any investment in myself.
Your alright criticising people who tried something but you done nothing yourself but criticise other blues , you are part of the problem

Your alright criticising people who tried something but you done nothing yourself but criticise other blues , you are part of the problem
I'm not though. The owner is the problem. We are privately owned, though and therefore have to accept that the owner has sole right to decide what we do as a club. Unfortunately for us, the owner is ruining us. Man utd are publically traded but to all intents and purposes are "privately owned" by the glazers. Their fans have protested regularly for ages (in some cases, quite extreme protests) and it hasn't made the slightest difference. Moshiri doesn't go to the game so the only people it affects are the fans, players and staff.

Can see him financing it himself to be honest. Then going back to the market when/if we got promoted, if we go down.

Doomsday scenario is there is a break clause in the whole deal i believe, if Everton pay for the demolition costs of work done so far.
It's absolutely depressing and a situation caused by the man who's got us this far with the stadium...his decisions on managerial changes have undone all the good work on the stadium.

There'll be documentaries made and books written about this calamity.

Did they?

Correct. The protests were never pointed in the right direction, I said this at the time. I got the feeling that when Benitez was sacked they thought the job had been done.

You’re correct and I completely agree with your overall sentiment but he’s not wrong when he says the protesters skirted around the issue of Moshiri. Even the official campaign’s Twitter account came out with cringeworthy rubbish like “we all want the same as you Farhad”. I’m fully in favour of protests against the ownership of this club but that campaign was disappointing in the end.

You’re correct and I completely agree with your overall sentiment but he’s not wrong when he says the protesters skirted around the issue of Moshiri. Even the official campaign’s Twitter account came out with cringeworthy rubbish like “we all want the same as you Farhad”. I’m fully in favour of protests against the ownership of this club but that campaign was disappointing in the end.

Largely because the stadium has polluted the waters. If it weren't for BMD I can imagine the protests would have been directed at him too. It was a bit of missed opportunity given the fact that the press picked up on it and it seemed as though it might have some momentum but the stadium and job done with Benitez out snuffed out the fires before they really began.

The 'we all want the same as you Farhad' stuff was imho an attempt to get a sit down with him, whether that would be for the improvement of the club or someone's profile is anybody's guess.

The most frustrating part of all of it is allowing the stadium to distract from the utterly shambolic governance of the club and its interests. Yes we need one and it was always seen as a means to break the glass ceiling but now it feels like putting the cart before the horse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back