FIFA 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does the PES demo come out again? Might have to get my bro to dl it and go round his to check it out. It's on PS3 too right?

Managed to get FIFA 15 on the PS4 with a preorder bonus of 15 FUT packs for £39 from ShopTo. Game was originally £44, but luckily i had £5 worth of points built up to be able to take it off the price, happy with that me. Its getting shipped later today/tomorrow so hopefully it'll be here Thursday.

Nipped in the shops to get my pre-order down yesterday and I'm picking it up tonight after work(Canada). I haven't played the demo because for some stupid reason they never released it to North America (That was about an hour searching the playstation store). Read through the last couple of pages. What has been the biggest changes or new functionality that you lot have seen? Have they added any new game modes or changed any of those? My mate got Fifa 14 for X1 and that was almost an entirely different game, gutted of most of the different game modes.

Good review that. I'm fuming reading that they have added more of the non-skip cutscene nonsense to the game, that was the only thing they improved on the next gen versions. It is incredibly frustrating when you have to wait a minute to take a bleeding throw-in. I also didn't like the observation that slide tackling appears to have been made less effective in favor of attacking players being able to dance around it.

Started a career with Everton and made some changes to the team which I am pleased with. Starting 11 is currently:

Howard

Coleman Stones Varane Baines

McCarthy Carvalho

Mirallas Barkley Draxler

Lukaku

Subs: Eto'o, Naismith, Hibbert, Atsu, Besic, Distin, Barry, Gibson, Osman, Robles and all the young lads.

Tony Hibbert doesn't stop moaning about how he feels he should be starting. FFS Tony!

I ended up being wholly unimpressed with the PC version of 14. Just felt half-baked. Don't think that's gonna change with 15.

But, hey, they released the Windows Phone version of 15 on time now, instead of MONTHS LATER like in the past. So I'll probably play that instead.

Started playing last night. The defending is incredibly challenging, sometimes the opposition just waltz through you and your defender bounces off of them. Trying to call a second defender over can help sometimes but it can also lead to a disaster when they bump each other and go flying thanks to the physics engine. I suspect they will be fixing this soon in the first patch.

I was playing with a 71 keeper in goal and every time he rushed out he couldn't get a hand on the ball and gave away a pen, so be wary of that. Also, if your keeper gets sent off and you don't have one on the bench then he walks off to the side and gets stuck for a minute or two before the game realizes whats going on and then he comes back in goal for the penalty...weird one that.

Attacking-wise the game can be pretty frustrating. As the IGN review said, if you like crossing you should get PES because they have just completely removed any ability to either put a decent cross in, or in the event that you do, have the ability to actually power a header at the goal. The only header I scored come off of a corner, some of the crossing was woeful. With that in mind, you can play some of the most ridiculous impossible through balls I have ever seen right through the middle of the midfielders and defenders with nobody intercepting them. At one point I think Besic played a 70 yard through ball right through 4 players for Eto'o to magically run on to. I'm not a big fan of what they have done with the team management/squad selection menus, they are slow to react(On PS3) and require a lot more button presses to get into the reserves and make a switch.

I enjoyed some aspects of it but really disliked some others, overall it is decent enough like.

Started playing last night. The defending is incredibly challenging, sometimes the opposition just waltz through you and your defender bounces off of them. Trying to call a second defender over can help sometimes but it can also lead to a disaster when they bump each other and go flying thanks to the physics engine. I suspect they will be fixing this soon in the first patch.

I was playing with a 71 keeper in goal and every time he rushed out he couldn't get a hand on the ball and gave away a pen, so be wary of that. Also, if your keeper gets sent off and you don't have one on the bench then he walks off to the side and gets stuck for a minute or two before the game realizes whats going on and then he comes back in goal for the penalty...weird one that.

Attacking-wise the game can be pretty frustrating. As the IGN review said, if you like crossing you should get PES because they have just completely removed any ability to either put a decent cross in, or in the event that you do, have the ability to actually power a header at the goal. The only header I scored come off of a corner, some of the crossing was woeful. With that in mind, you can play some of the most ridiculous impossible through balls I have ever seen right through the middle of the midfielders and defenders with nobody intercepting them. At one point I think Besic played a 70 yard through ball right through 4 players for Eto'o to magically run on to. I'm not a big fan of what they have done with the team management/squad selection menus, they are slow to react(On PS3) and require a lot more button presses to get into the reserves and make a switch.

I enjoyed some aspects of it but really disliked some others, overall it is decent enough like.

From what you've written here, it doesn't sound decent overall.

From what you've written here, it doesn't sound decent overall.
I focused mainly on the negatives because that was what was fresh in my mind.

I found the passing to be a lot quicker and smoother, you can actually pull off some quick and accurate one-touches without playing with Xavi or Iniesta.

Some of the slide tackles were ace, the animation on them wrapping legs around and stepping out with the ball was nice to see.

It is a lot easier to keep the ball and dribble into space even though your player doesn't have 4 star skill moves. (This is part of what makes the defending so hard). A simple stepover and direction change will do quite nicely to cut inside or out.

The long shots were really nice, even with players lacking in that stat I found you could get some decent raspers off, though a lot of them were prone to curving on to the crossbar.

Slower players aren't the glaring weakness they once were, in fact Barry is quite useful due to his strength. They have actually made the strength have more effects on the physics of holding onto the ball/winning possession.

Heading the ball is less of an automatic win for the taller players as it is more about timing and positioning.

They have made searching for players in Career mode easier by allowing you to search by name. The scouts don't take forever to get back with reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back