FIFA 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the corner tactics thing that appears.

But mix it up. Don't always 'crowd the keeper', don't always 'run near post'. Mix it up.

Also I've had some success where you move the 'Receiver' around a bit and boot it to them.

Almost every time I 'crowd the keeper', he comes and punches it. Same with 'Run near post'

Will try the receiver thing more though.

Almost every time I 'crowd the keeper', he comes and punches it. Same with 'Run near post'

Will try the receiver thing more though.

With the 'crowd the keeper' one it doesn't mean you have to smash the ball into the 6 yard box. Put it around the bit between the penalty spot and the edge of the box. The keeper is then crowded out and can't punch or catch.

And another top I've had some success with is not always going for the header on goal at first. Flick it on like Steve Bould used to for Arsenal. Or hit it way far post and head it back into the dangerous bit.

Basically. Mix up all these things and you should score a few more at least.

With corners I always try and ping it to the man on the edge of the 18 and strike it. Pointless trying to get a header on target I've found - Keeper will either claim it all the time or the it's cleared by a centre half.

Scored a few where I drop it on someone like Matic's foot and strike it on the volley, seems to be my best option that.

I am beginning to lose my love for Fifa. The scripting is so real. How can you possibly master a game that uses the 20 other plays on the pitch that you can't control to [Poor language removed] you over in 50% of your games.

Tired of watching cinematic where I have no influence on defending the corner that we knew was heading for the net before their player even crossed it in. Tired of being beaten in strength or pace by a player very sub-par to mine, in the 90th minute etc, despite being on the same fitness levels etc. Tired of my two centre backs splitting like the red sea to let them through on goal!

It's all just bullshi. The game is made so that anybody, no matter how good you are, can be beaten by the next guy who picks up a pad. Obviously there is a decent amount of skill and decision making in everyones game, but this game is so troll.

Also before I inevitably receive some hate, i'm quite decent at Fifa and have played for years.

I am beginning to lose my love for Fifa. The scripting is so real. How can you possibly master a game that uses the 20 other plays on the pitch that you can't control to [Poor language removed] you over in 50% of your games.

Tired of watching cinematic where I have no influence on defending the corner that we knew was heading for the net before their player even crossed it in. Tired of being beaten in strength or pace by a player very sub-par to mine, in the 90th minute etc, despite being on the same fitness levels etc. Tired of my two centre backs splitting like the red sea to let them through on goal!

It's all just bullshi. The game is made so that anybody, no matter how good you are, can be beaten by the next guy who picks up a pad. Obviously there is a decent amount of skill and decision making in everyones game, but this game is so troll.

Also before I inevitably receive some hate, i'm quite decent at Fifa and have played for years.

samshtastic.gif

I still very much don't beleive in the whole scripting thing.

The great transfer debacle/experiment.

Did this over two sessions, four bottles of Fullers, well over an hour spent, though that includes playing a couple friendlies on shortest possible time just to move further into the window. Player is a CAM, basically Barkley, rated at 86, net worth about $46m.

'15 is far worse than '14.

After no less than 20 runs through the first 35 days of the window:

Randomness -

Zenit -two offers. $220k/week
Spurs - one offer. $220k/week
rs -two offers. $250k/week. Gleefully rejected.

Less than I thought -

Barca - maybe 5 offers overall. $250k
Real Madrid - maybe 5 offers overall. $250k
(ZERO offers from Bayern and Man City... )

Most common -

Arsenal
Juventus
Chelsea
PSG

(both Chelski and PSG offered me contracts on about 80% of runs through)

But the "NO MEANS NO" award goes to Man U. They offered me a contract the first day of the window on each of my 20+ attempts. They offered me the same contract as many as three times in 20 days, and as close as 3 days apart after recection.

Finally, just as I was about to sit through my first friendly, I received and took an offer from Athetlico Madrid.

20+ times and that was the first offer from a Spanish club outside RM/BC. NO Italian clubs outside Juventus. No French clubs outside PSG. No German clubs made a single offer. Past games have seen offers from Marseilles, Monaco, Roma, Napoli, Lazio, Valencia, Dortmund, Newcastle, Benfica and a few others. Really odd considering how many clubs offer me money for players on Managerial mode.

Kinda sucks to have your options limited to so few clubs and no way to just run out a contract or negotiate a better deal with them.

First match of the season, played with me having enhanced shot aim and pace (to counter the fact they never, ever tire. I start the second half with my roster half dead and they have more energy than they started with), on World Class. Won a ridiculous match, 8-5 against Sociedad. My goalie looks like Joel playing on horse tranquilizers with an olde tyme ball and chain locked around his ankle.

Need to downgrade the pace/shot accuracy to closer to 50/normal to fine tune, but so long as the PC scores 5 goals on 7 shots, I don't mind evening the playing field some.

I'm usually quite good at defending but this thing from kick off where the attacker just waltzes through my whole team before slotting is driving me insane! Anyone got any good tips how to stop it?

You have to run a forward back before they even kick off and cut them off. It's broken as.

I still very much don't beleive in the whole scripting thing.
Around the 38-45 minute, then 45-55 and finally 80-90th minutes of the game are the busiest areas of each and every game of Fifa. If there was a heat map of goals scored on fifa, these areas would be 100x that of the rest of the game.

Momentum exists in fifa. It's in developers notes. You can see it for yourself, it was introduced in like Fifa 12 or something. Your team will go from making crisp slick passes, to being unable to keep the ball at all for 10-15 minutes of the game allowing the losing team to come from behind.

Don't get me wrong, you have to SCORE those chances yourself, but the game makes chances happen for the team that needs it. Defenders not keeping up, doing stupid stupid [Poor language removed], goalkeepers allowing pea rollers to slide in past them, goalkeepers parrying shots straight to their oncoming player instead of just getting rid in any other direction? One team winning EVERY 50/50 tackle, 'lucky' bounces happening for them. You know, the exact opposite of how your team has played for the rest of the game.

How many times have you headed out a corner only for it to fall straight to an opposing player, and them to equalise in the 45th despite not having any shots or getting anywhere near your goal for the previous 30/40 minutes of the game? How many times have to stormed up the pitch to see your strikers and midfielders not moving AT ALL? No runs? Nothing. But their players are running in zig zags opening you up like a knife through butter.

--------------
Also - all this stuff happens to me in my favour too, you know, and it's very very very visible and easy to understand once you know what you are looking for.

I literally sat down with my housemate Ash when he challenged me to a game on Fifa 15, started the game up and he went 1-0 up against me. I could do nothing, i could barely get near his box without every defender he had intercepting the pass, bullying my players off the ball etc. Around the 35th minute mark I told Ash that it was 'my time' and that i would inevitably score an equaliser as he had failed to make it 2-0 with the momentum in his favour. What do you know? The rest of the game up until half time was all me. I had shots in and around his box, every shot and bounce came straight back to me, all my passes connected like i was real Madrid all of a sudden, almost as though fifa would do ANYTHING to help me score in this game. Corner. Goal. 1-1. Half time.

Second half, starts relatively even and he goes up 2-1 again. Guess what time, 55th minute (heat map again). The game continued in a similar fashion until the final 10 minutes where the momentum was all me again (i told him this would happen). Ash couldn't get near my box, the game wouldn't let him. His through balls were all over hit, his defenders practically walking at snails pace compared to my onrushing strikers (no subs were made, everyone is tired so no excuses). Whereas I could waltz through his defence literally just holding the left stick forward, (like some of you have complained about) and his defenders are clunky and unresponsive. I got the ball on the byline in the last minute of the game after tearing his defence apart and forcing many saves, whip it in and bang 2-2 his keeper doesn't even move. Damn if I could show you the replay of that exact moment you'd all be creasing, his defender literally stops and stands still to allow me to walk past him on the byline instead of sticking a leg out to stop me. I'll record it next time.

Edit: i went on to win the game on penalties.

I'm with Ijjy... I've not noticed any kind of scripting in Fifa. Maybe some of your players are knackered and you need to make a few substitutions... having said that, I only really play human opponents so maybe it's more apparent against the computer.

Try the new PES instead.

Around the 38-45 minute, then 45-55 and finally 80-90th minutes of the game are the busiest areas of each and every game of Fifa. If there was a heat map of goals scored on fifa, these areas would be 100x that of the rest of the game.

Momentum exists in fifa. It's in developers notes. You can see it for yourself, it was introduced in like Fifa 12 or something. Your team will go from making crisp slick passes, to being unable to keep the ball at all for 10-15 minutes of the game allowing the losing team to come from behind.

Don't get me wrong, you have to SCORE those chances yourself, but the game makes chances happen for the team that needs it. Defenders not keeping up, doing stupid stupid [Poor language removed], goalkeepers allowing pea rollers to slide in past them, goalkeepers parrying shots straight to their oncoming player instead of just getting rid in any other direction? One team winning EVERY 50/50 tackle, 'lucky' bounces happening for them. You know, the exact opposite of how your team has played for the rest of the game.

How many times have you headed out a corner only for it to fall straight to an opposing player, and them to equalise in the 45th despite not having any shots or getting anywhere near your goal for the previous 30/40 minutes of the game? How many times have to stormed up the pitch to see your strikers and midfielders not moving AT ALL? No runs? Nothing. But their players are running in zig zags opening you up like a knife through butter.

--------------
Also - all this stuff happens to me in my favour too, you know, and it's very very very visible and easy to understand once you know what you are looking for.

I literally sat down with my housemate Ash when he challenged me to a game on Fifa 15, started the game up and he went 1-0 up against me. I could do nothing, i could barely get near his box without every defender he had intercepting the pass, bullying my players off the ball etc. Around the 35th minute mark I told Ash that it was 'my time' and that i would inevitably score an equaliser as he had failed to make it 2-0 with the momentum in his favour. What do you know? The rest of the game up until half time was all me. I had shots in and around his box, every shot and bounce came straight back to me, all my passes connected like i was real Madrid all of a sudden, almost as though fifa would do ANYTHING to help me score in this game. Corner. Goal. 1-1. Half time.

Second half, starts relatively even and he goes up 2-1 again. Guess what time, 55th minute (heat map again). The game continued in a similar fashion until the final 10 minutes where the momentum was all me again (i told him this would happen). Ash couldn't get near my box, the game wouldn't let him. His through balls were all over hit, his defenders practically walking at snails pace compared to my onrushing strikers (no subs were made, everyone is tired so no excuses). Whereas I could waltz through his defence literally just holding the left stick forward, (like some of you have complained about) and his defenders are clunky and unresponsive. I got the ball on the byline in the last minute of the game after tearing his defence apart and forcing many saves, whip it in and bang 2-2 his keeper doesn't even move. Damn if I could show you the replay of that exact moment you'd all be creasing, his defender literally stops and stands still to allow me to walk past him on the byline instead of sticking a leg out to stop me. I'll record it next time.

Edit: i went on to win the game on penalties.

That's a hell of a lot to read mate but I get the jist.

But I can honestly say that nothing like that has ever happened to me. Yeah players get tired. Yeah goal have been scored in the last 10 minutes. But what's weird about that??

If I thought it was 'set up' or 'scripted' like loads seem to think it is, then I simply wouldn't play it. So I don't get why people keep playing it if this happens to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back