FIFA 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifa isnt scripted in any way if you understand how programming works.

In the simplest terms it is a series of what if codes that say if player 1 is here on this spot, player 2 will do this. opponemen 1 will do this and keeper will do this. Imagine layer upon layer of this to every single possible option they can account for and you get a football game. So in any given circumstance there is many things you can do on the game and many things the computer will do. So if it feels scripted it is simply the computer running one set of what ifs and you not doing the right what if back to stop it happening.

If that makes sense.

In the simplest terms it is a series of what if codes that say if player 1 is here on this spot, player 2 will do this. opponemen 1 will do this and keeper will do this. Imagine layer upon layer of this to every single possible option they can account for and you get a football game. So in any given circumstance there is many things you can do on the game and many things the computer will do. So if it feels scripted it is simply the computer running one set of what ifs and you not doing the right what if back to stop it happening.

If that makes sense.

No

If that makes sense.
Not how it works.

Way too simplistic. And it would be a crap game. There is significant variance in the behavior of each AI, almost certainly dictated by his statistics, his opponent, the setup of the team, and the chosen tactics at that point in time. Adding a 'momentum' variable would be a simple trick.

Not how it works.

Way too simplistic. And it would be a crap game. There is significant variance in the behavior of each AI, almost certainly dictated by his statistics, his opponent, the setup of the team, and the chosen tactics at that point in time. Adding a 'momentum' variable would be a simple trick.

I have offered the simplistic idea of how it works. Of course it is more complicated than that lol Layers upon layers of this what if coding which is why the games are generally the same each year. It goes deeper than that but for someone who doesnt understand coding or whatnot this is the simplest way to describe it.

For example a free kick could have variances of wind, position, power, type, player. this in turn has variances of position of other players, actions of wall, positions of players etc

Very complicated once you delve into it.

If that makes sense.

Sorry mate. I don't beleive in th scripting thing but that's a load of rubbish!

Sorry mate. I don't beleive in th scripting thing but that's a load of rubbish!
How does the programming in the game work then?

You cannot progam something that lets you do what you want without a set outcome. That is programming 101, you tell it to do something and it does it. So the idea is layers and layers of this commanding allows the game to work because you arent doing a set routine and the computer reacts accordingly to what you are doing. Why did they tackle you? Because the coding says tackle when player is close. Why have they crossed the ball? because they went with the variable code which told them to, where they could have also passed it as well. Hence the word variable. Nothing is set in stone, it is just thousands apon thousands of different commands for the computer to do when playing the game, thats why they dont do the same thing all the time.

i have little doubts there are some factors that influence gameplay.

first 5, last 5 of either half see me score (or give up) more. i also seem to have a knack for rapid response goals. i can uselessly knock the ball about, unable to penetrate for a while, but if they manage to score, in a lot of cases i'm able to knock in a counterstrike within 2-3 "game" minutes at an alarming rate. i'm also able to double-up on my own goals.

and agree with Mikey about the PC having those occasional "we are going to score and there is nothing in hell you can do to stop us" goals... had Diego Costa score one against me last night. Bounced off three players, including one defender that i tried to run him down with a la Bruce Willis and Ving Rames in Pulp Fiction. Still scored a brilliant shot from outside the box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back