Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another Guardian article.

IMG_4394.webp

Some serious reaches in that article. Leeds would’ve gone down anyway but might sue us because they might in an alternative reality have taken more points from us? Never happen.
They can’t sue Everton. The league have said multiple times that we are compliant. They have to sue the league. Journalists going to journalism i suppose.

They say the date for the hearing is the 25th October. Have we heard that before?

I have to say, if the boot were on the other foot I’d be all for taking a club being investigated to court.…. So nit being a hypocrite, I can’t blame them.

So the league investigate, find us innocent and theres no case for the other clubs
Find us guilty and punish us, then whats the case for the other clubs?
It would set a league wrecking precedent if clubs started to sue each other based on hypotheticals.
It'd be like Everton suing Liverpool for loss of income because we got booted out of Europe for the actions of their fans.

They can’t sue Everton. The league have said multiple times that we are compliant. They have to sue the league. Journalists going to journalism i suppose.
Would not be so sure of that. Could be similar to the West Ham v sheff Utd case where a West Ham had to settle due to the Carlos Tevez transfer. Leeds and Saints would probably not be successful as they did not finish 3rd from bottom. The independent panel would be aware of the possible implications of delivering a sporting penalty in this situation. If it is a small technicality on one transfer I would be shocked if it is a sporting penalty

InAnother day, another Guardian article.

View attachment 213940

Wasn't this all rubbished? Those teams got told they can't speed up an independent enquiry or appeal it's decisions and to go away.

According to the rules any team breaking the rolling 3 year losses get sent to an independent enquiry. We submitted our financials for this tax year and got reported

There's no smoking gun. It's a formality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back