Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

As I said a few months back: we're getting a commission for spending our own money while United are £1B in debt but that's just fine and dandy.

...all about sustainability you see.

They just make it up as they go along, move the goal posts to suit.

If the club affected is on brand its about sustainability, if the club affected isn't involved in how they market the league,...sorry brand, when selling the TV rights to africa/asia/ the Americas ....oh look a squirrel

Spot on.

As I said a few months back: we're getting a commission for spending our own money while United are £1B in debt but that's just fine and dandy.

It's like buying an ailing once great business that requires significant investment to get it back on track to be competitive.
As an owner you want to spend whatever it takes to get there but your competitors put a lot of rules in place to stop you doing it while they ride roughshod over they very same rules that they put in place.

The most difficult part to take is this frigging board actually voted for them.

They're in massive trouble this season.

It's a club that's run out of ideas and they look like one of the favourites to go down.

The more the merrier.
A club that's run as badly if not worse than we are. They've sold their star midfield and best striker. I feel a lot happier seeing them, Luton and Sheffield United in the league this season.

Spot on.

Whilst I agree that P/S rules have been badly implemented and aren't fit for purpose, debt can be sustainable. If it wasn't people wouldn't be allowed to go on holiday whilst they had a mortgage.

It's ok to have debt if you can afford the repayments and United can afford the repayments. They're worth way more than the debt itself.

The independent commission only gives the guilty/not guilty verdict, no? Surely they aren't able to issue the punishment too?
They can't it's down to the league. IF found guilty we'll get a slap on the wrist and a fine we have to pay off over a few years.

Concerns for me is that we've every year changed out financial auditor's which was published, source reliable or not it would appear to be the case. That instantly is going to send alarm bells to the league.

If Russia hadnt done what they did,.if Everton was just as trendy as the sky6 darlings would we be in this situation I very very much doubt it.

Hindsight is a lovely thing though aye!

What will be will be, for the league's reputation I hope we aren't made an example of!

Whilst I agree that P/S rules have been badly implemented and aren't fit for purpose, debt can be sustainable. If it wasn't people wouldn't be allowed to go on holiday whilst they had a mortgage.

It's ok to have debt if you can afford the repayments and United can afford the repayments. They're worth way more than the debt itself.
Yes, United can sustain it obviously. But my point was that debt in football on that level or anything approaching it can only be borne by a select few clubs and it provides them with the loophole and competitive edge they require to keep others out of a level where success is a possibility.

Yes, United can sustain it obviously. But my point was that debt in football on that level or anything approaching it can only be borne by a select few clubs and it provides them with the loophole and competitive edge they require to keep others out of a level where success is a possibility.
But Everton have almost the same level of debt Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back