Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]
That's a perversion of what he's actually done. There's been no dry and level headed analysis here from Maguire. no sticking to the facts. He's analysed Everton's FFP issue through the prism of a perceived hounding he had from the club when they picked him up on his analysis. He made this personal and public.

That you believe all he's doing is his job beggars belief and merely confirms my suspicion that you've taken up a position on Maguire and wont budge from it regardless of what he does...even to the extent of attempting to give context to his disturbing tweets about Everton's black armband wearing yesterday. Yes, you condemn him for it, but you feel you can do that and still leave room for him as a credible and good faith actor in all this. That's called wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

Which bit of his analysis did the club pick him up on? Where his numbers wrong? Has he faced any legal/libel action because of it? Or is he just the phantom headlocker by any chance?

So why, in your opinion, did he tweet about the EFC black arm bands in a "jocular" way? A young man died, we, (and others, LFC included) paid our respects in the time honoured way. He joked about it. And you defend him?

Where have I defended him for that tweet? Take your time, I'll wait for your apology!

Unfortune title for Maguire's new book....

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 18.26.08.png

Where have I defended him for that tweet? Take your time, I'll wait for your apology!

I have to ask at this stage whether you're capable of actually reading a post on here rather than seeing what you want to be in them.

Where did I say you defended his tweet? I literally stated in that post of mine you're responding to that you "condemn" his tweet.

Which bit of his analysis did the club pick him up on? Where his numbers wrong? Has he faced any legal/libel action because of it? Or is he just the phantom headlocker by any chance?

Does it matter? The result was that Maguire started carrying foul in the public domain and embarked on his vendetta against Everton...which hopefully ended once and for all with his comments yesterday.

Exactly. When did people think it was open house to ridicule?

I'll tell you one thing: if that had been Liverpool getting beat and wearing black armbands they would never ever have gone near that subject.

Everton are always viewed as fair game for a joke. Liverpool they wouldn't dare with that fanbase.

It's not an innocent mistake either. Everyone knows black armbands are worn for a reason.

Everton are always viewed as fair game for a joke. Liverpool they wouldn't dare with that fanbase.

It's not an innocent mistake either. Everyone knows black armbands are worn for a reason.
Of course they are. Which is why it's patently ridiculous for anyone here to defend a man who's done that. Not only does it emphasise what a poor judge Maguire is on what he chooses to place in a public space, it undermines the points he's making about the club's finances and the motivation he has in dealing with it in a 'professional' capacity.

This feller will stay off line now for a few weeks and then hope the rest of us have moved on.

But he's been hoisted on his own petard. No way back for this feller IMO.

That sounds like you are justifying what can be put out in the media as it has become the norm nowadays.

Vultures can gather all they want but that will never give any of them the right to have a free for all.
We are constantly berating idiots that misuse social media in here , Maguires idiotic comments were far worse than the usual guff some post.

This man has a very clear agenda with this club and to push that boundary into a totally unwarranted insensitive realm especially in the very high profile position he is in is utterly despicable.

It was the cheapest and nastiest of shots anyone can make in light of the circumstances.
A full unequivocal apology should be demanded , my guess is even that will be hard to accept .

Not justifying anything of the sort. Nor conflating two separate issues either.

However, on the issue of FFP and P&S (the subject of the thread), if you wish to avoid circling Vultures, it's probably best not to engage in the type of car crash economics and gross mismanagement that our club has for years. As far as I know, this fella didn't bring the commission on us, that was entirely due to the actions of our club.

Why would I apologise? Didnt even say you defended him. All I alluded to was the journalistic integrity of a Journo doesnt end at their "expert" field. He was a disgrace with that tweet; ergo, his integrity is compromised.

In your previous message you literally did say I defended him. I haven't! No-one has defended his tweet.

Erm, at the risk of getting flak from all sides, is there any chance of someone actually discussing the FFP investigation oin here? If you guys just want to abuse and slag each other off, then that's what the Current Affairs forum is traditionally for.

Erm, at the risk of getting flak from all sides, is there any chance of someone actually discussing the FFP investigation oin here? If you guys just want to abuse and slag each other off, then that's what the Current Affairs forum is traditionally for.

We are in serious trouble, our ill spent gains rocketed us up the table overtaking footballing powerhouses Southampton, Leeds and Leicester. For that kind of sporting advantage we are getting a points deduction for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back