Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the tosh on here about conspiracies, agendas, being made an example of etc is proper tin foil hat stuff. The nonsense about protecting the big 6 etc is right up there with mainstream media and deep state nonsense.

We were one of the original gang that broke away to form the PL. Broke away. The PL wasn’t some cosy fireside chat amongst all 92 clubs. We led a breakaway that shafted the Football League and created the huge disparity in finances between PL and EFL. So let’s not pretend we’re not part of the problem and if we were still where we were in 1992, we’d have been looking at the Super League.

As for FFP, we’ve run up huge, eyewatering losses, been badly run, now living hand to mouth with loans to pay the bills. The idea that we’re being picked on or made an example is laughable. If we’ve broken the rules then we should face the punishment, accept it, apologise and start the work to rebuild our club and reputation.

I just want it done now. Even if we’re found not guilty, it’s probably on a technicality. In my mind we’ve not just broken P&S rules, we’ve blown them up but may yet still escape.

I just want to take any punishment, get the club sold, get through the next 18 months and move into the new stadium. Kenwright has gone (RIP), Morishi soon to follow, the huge spending era is over. Whatever happens with FFP will now hopefully draw a line under a disastrous period in our clubs history and we can get back to a better place.

And as for City and their 100+ changes….theres a lot of whataboutery. We don’t know the context of their breaches. The quantity of breaches is meaningless at this stage. It could be 117 minor technicalities whereas us could be 1 serious breach. It’s all just speculation.

Neither club passes the smell test. It all stinks. City have probably cheated better as they’ve managed to operate in a legally grey area with their funding and some very expensive lawyers will be arguing they’ve not technically broken any rules no matter how much it stinks.

In Ireland it would be the High Court on a point of law - the proceedings were prejudiced by publications that stated the EPL wanted maximum penalty , while the Commission was still deliberating - clearly a breach of sub judice rule.
It would indeed be the HC here in the UK on a point of law

I am extremely sceptical re the whole 12 point issue but let’s assume for one second if it’s a fact then that will have been something the PL presented to the commission before their ruling that would mean it almost certainly wouldn’t be a breach of process.

The commission isn’t a court of law the PL have said as far as I can see nothing post the charge yes a lot has been published in the press as far as I can see there is an awful lot of speculation and finger pointing but there would have to be proof that that a commission acted outside the law.

People just need to draw breath on this there really isn’t anything of substance either way lets face it there isn’t anything other than guess work what the charge is about some suggest it’s about a tax credit ( I really doubt that ) I personally think it revolves simply around the £105 million allowable.

It’s worth noting that appealing a commission decision isn’t just something that is open to the accused the same requirements and restrictions apply to both sides. The ability to introduce new evidence is limited so in the main the appeal would be asking for fresh eyes to look at the evidence already submitted and the time to submit an appeal are limited to days not months

Is there a deadline for our punishment or can they wait till the last game of the season then dock the points?

If and a big if the charge is proven and any appeal is satisfied and a points deduction is applied then it will be immediate but in any case I think they will have till the last game indeed some leagues they can impose points deductions right up to the date of the AGM which is way past the last game.

If the outcome is severe, we should go all out to damage the PL brand - corruption banners, chants, protests, engage the media - all against the PL.

Absolutely hammer the brand in the media and abroad.

Nice and toxic.
Totally agree. Don’t give anyone related to the PL any help or hospitality. Make their refs/officials park down Westminister rd and walk up the ground and let them change in the bogs.

Some of the tosh on here about conspiracies, agendas, being made an example of etc is proper tin foil hat stuff. The nonsense about protecting the big 6 etc is right up there with mainstream media and deep state nonsense.

We were one of the original gang that broke away to form the PL. Broke away. The PL wasn’t some cosy fireside chat amongst all 92 clubs. We led a breakaway that shafted the Football League and created the huge disparity in finances between PL and EFL. So let’s not pretend we’re not part of the problem and if we were still where we were in 1992, we’d have been looking at the Super League.

As for FFP, we’ve run up huge, eyewatering losses, been badly run, now living hand to mouth with loans to pay the bills. The idea that we’re being picked on or made an example is laughable. If we’ve broken the rules then we should face the punishment, accept it, apologise and start the work to rebuild our club and reputation.

I just want it done now. Even if we’re found not guilty, it’s probably on a technicality. In my mind we’ve not just broken P&S rules, we’ve blown them up but may yet still escape.

I just want to take any punishment, get the club sold, get through the next 18 months and move into the new stadium. Kenwright has gone (RIP), Morishi soon to follow, the huge spending era is over. Whatever happens with FFP will now hopefully draw a line under a disastrous period in our clubs history and we can get back to a better place.

And as for City and their 100+ changes….theres a lot of whataboutery. We don’t know the context of their breaches. The quantity of breaches is meaningless at this stage. It could be 117 minor technicalities whereas us could be 1 serious breach. It’s all just speculation.

Neither club passes the smell test. It all stinks. City have probably cheated better as they’ve managed to operate in a legally grey area with their funding and some very expensive lawyers will be arguing they’ve not technically broken any rules no matter how much it stinks.
A interesting post and one that does bring an relevant perspective

When I read about protests I wonder how they would play out and against which individual or entity would those protests be made?

I personally despise FFP I think it’s anti competition on so many levels but the governing bodies and of course the clubs have voted for it so there we are.

I doubt that any club charged or sanctioned for breaking FFP rules will get any sympathy be those clubs Everton & City already facing charges or come to that Chelsea or any other club that is facing a commission going forward. To suggest it will damage the PL brand is fanciful or suggestions that out of petulance Everton could throw their toys out of the pram by say fielding the “ kids” will almost certainly lead to further sanctions a

I think you will know the outcome of the tribunal within the next two weeks or so with written reasons following in very short order and at that point I would expect an appeal be it from Everton or indeed the PL

I just want to enjoy football again. Without the soap opera it's become.

Interesting first post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back