Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that a Fifa ban? I don't think it had anything to do with the PL. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Regardless, it's a rulling the Commission can draw upon as a way of guiding their own judgment on what's appropriate.

Ah yes. Totally forgot about the independent white paper.

It's like I've mentioned before as well as @catcherintherye ...we were a always gonna come out as a loss that still keeps us over the threshold for 3 years. The league has to put us to review to show theyre "taking care of things"

However, us working with the PL over the years should just give us a fine so that everyone is happy and come out looking like they've been vigilant.

However as The Esk has put...it's completely put a stop to any investment until it's resolved.

That doesn't mean a stop to the build though, surley? Moshiri has the cash and it wouldn't make sense for him to mothball it while investment is found.

It'll be months in any case before this is clarified.

The UK Government and both major political parties are committed to an independent football regulator by statute.

The Premier League had cause last season for referral. EFC due to Kenwright and Baxendale due to their incompetence made EFC again failed the P&S test. Other Premier League clubs like Leeds and Aston Villa have been lobbying for enforcement against Everton for persistent breaching of the rules

It was only a matter of time and the Premier League has simply bowed to pressure from its members to take action against a persistent breaching of the rules by Kenwright and Baxendale

Its a disgrace and will have long term consequences for Everton Football Club

Kenwright and Baxendale are to blame.
The PL has a case to answer too and that'll come out in this Commission.

Can't they find the phantom head-locker? Surely he is the type to keep a stranglehold on finances...

drums-ba-dum-tss.gif

Made up story by a stirring journo. We have been referred due to the 3 years ending with 21/22. Even the thickest of other clubs would know the accounts for that period don’t come out 2 minutes after the period ends. PL couldn’t refer us because they just “think” we might breach.

Nothing written about this will be factual until the verdict.

That doesn't mean a stop to the build though, surley? Moshiri has the cash and it wouldn't make sense for him to mothball it while investment is found.

It'll be months in any case before this is clarified.

The feller has to finance it himself if he wants it completed in my view.

Then worry about making money/getting investment in afterwards.

Think Esk is right that no one will touch us investment wise until the case is closed

the punishment could just be a fine
It could but until this is sorted out there will be no investment or take over. We are entirely reliant on Moshiri bank rolling us. If we run out of money for BMD we are knackered. We defo won't be spending any money on players.

One team that wants to be quiet in this whole thing is Leicester

In as bad, if not worse, position than us
Are they? I know they’ve spent a few bob, but they’ve sold higher than we have which probably off sets their expenditure to a greater degree than ours and have had European football more recently than us. Their recent accounts show a loss of £92m vs £31m the year before and £60m the year before (£183m) that’s before the P&S calculation but their losses are a lot less than ours so they are on the border but certinaly not worse

Yeah read the article there a second ago, some good points, (though aware of the agenda also), - especially around the politics of this, id say they are under pressure from other clubs. The regulator is a good point i hadn't considered that plays into this.

Also they will want to drop shapes against the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and whatever sovereign wealth fund will rock up at Utd.

Many outside forces and politics involved in this in my opinion.

Gas thing is we are more then likely well in profit at the moment.
Well, yes. But we're not exactly the Dog & Duck ourselves.

I dont think they can bounce us out of this league with a points deduction, especially after the club - under their supervision - has moved decisivley to get back on side in terms of FFP.

Moshiri is the only thing keeping us afloat by the way

It’s his fault that it’s come to that! We should be a self sustainable club after 7 years of his ownership. Someone sets your house on fire and then turns up with a hosepipe you don’t sit there and go “thank god for this guy eh, my house would be burned down if it wasn’t for him!”

Just catching up on the thread so apologies if mentioned previously.
Just been reading how other premier league clubs believe this is the premier league’s way of showing the government that they don’t need an independent regulator.
We don’t need an independent regulator, look what we’ve done to Everton

We won't get docked points. Ruin the PL brand and make investors in club's take a 2nd look.

The league didn't even deduct points from West Ham when they fielded Tevez and Mascherano who had 3rd party ownership to stay up over Sheff United back in the day. That was lobbied in government and everything.

The last club to almost get points deduction were Spurs in 94 when Alan Sugar was paying players off the books. 12 point deduction they had rescinded because he blamed the last owners.

Leeds didnt even get a sniff of points deduction in 2004 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back