Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure it does, at least where Everton are concerned. We were within limits because of the Covid excuse this time last year. Our new accounts set to be published next week take us over the limit, so we’ve been referred. The journalists making out that this is the PL belatedly dealing with last year’s complaint from Burnley and Leeds are just mistaken.
It was over the limit because of the process of dropping the last '3rd season to be counted' and replacing it with another...something the PL knew would be the case.

I think that Mail piece underlines just how riduiculous our referral is under the circumstances of our incomings and sales this season.

Basically the PL have acted as bad faith actors here by referring us. Now they sound like they;ve thrown their hands up in the air and invited another body to make their decision for them. They look incredibly stupid. Any decent lawyers will murder them in that commission hearing.

The most valid points are already made.

That the club worked with & satisfied the Premier lge for 2 yrs.
And moreso even telling the rest of the Clubs they were satisfied and Everton were free to sign players in the transfer window.
This is a most crazy situation

It's little wonder the club statement was an angry one yesterday.

It was over the limit because of the process of dropping the last '3rd season to be counted' and replacing it with another...something the PL knew would be the case.

I think that Mail piece underlines just how riduiculous our referral is under the circumstances of our incomings and sales this season.

Basically the PL have acted as bad faith actors here by referring us. Now they sound like they;ve thrown their hands up in the air and invited another body to make their decision for them. They look incredibly stupid. Any decent lawyers will murder them in that commission hearing.

I don’t agree tbh mate. The PL can only do so much, they can’t hold the hands of Premier League clubs, and they certainly can’t sanction them ahead of time before a club has broken the rules, which seems to be the argument being reported in the Daily Mail.

We have breached FFP for the 2nd time. We always were. By the rules they have to refer us regardless of cooperation.

But IMO due the cooperation we should just get slapped with a fine.

It's not like we've hid money and lied about revenue ala City

I’d argue this is our first breach. The exceptions allowed for Covid prevented us from breaching the rules previously.

Reactions: kev

If we are cheating...and it's a big if; we have to be the worst cheaters in the history of cheating. To achieve, what we've achieved, the
last few seasons and have to break the rules to do it, is unbelievable.

Don't think we were cheating, just badly assessed the risks and managed the situation in an unsatisfactory way. Even then it has taken a few events that you couldn't really factor and would only happen to us.

At the end of the day they thought they had a get out clause of the USM umbrella sponsoring the shirt or sleeve/upping the value they paid for FF and/or starting to get payments for the new stadium. Those values would be equal to or greater than the amount we have fallen foul to.

You can also throw the Sigurdsson situation in as I'm sure one of the clubs like Fulham would have given us 20 million for his services but he ends up spending his last year unavailable and left for nothing. Everton that.

Aston Villa Losses:

18/19 - 69 mil
19/20 - 99 mil
20/21 - 37 mil

Total = 205 mil

allowed = 105 mil

so villa are allowed to just claim over 100 mil of those losses is covid-19 related but we can't?
We claimed something like £270 towards P&S calculations ….the bottom line is whether it is Villa or Leicester, they opening losses are/see absolutely dwarfed by ours….they should be fairly safe as long as they are prudent - the Covid year will still stay on record for another year

7fu41v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back