Fiorentina v Everton - 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singin on Hey Jude...Hey brits,don't be ashamed,you just came here to get some..Remember,when we'll be in Goodison park,there we can start to give you another.......SERIA A 10 TIMES MORE DIFFICULT THAN PREM0EIRSHIP.....REMEMBER.

I wonder if you would've registered if you had lost.

oh well who cares your here now. Do you like pasties mate?

Fiorentina best

The problem with Everton and all the team of England is that you believe you are the best team in Europe because you win one match against the worst team of premiership with 3 or 4 goal. But in Europe things are different, the football style is different, and you have a lot of problems.

So it is not unusual when an english team is eliminated by an romanian or bulgarian team. Just look your national team. you have good, not great, players but you don't have a team, and for that reason capello is your national coach. Also in Italy and in Spain (country that know to play football), players like neville brothers, hibbert, carragher, o'shea they would'n never play in a serius team.

Fiorentina last night was better than everton and everton must be very thankful to howard and to God that Mutu was not playing. I know that i am cruel with english football, but is nothing personal with everton.

I hate the reds one, so i hope you win the 4th place and hope next year to meet again in champions league. sorry for my english, are not so good.

Abysmal, disgraceful, diabolical, awful and that just describes Yobo and Jags performance last night. The team picked a fine time to produce 1 of this inept performances in a long time. The 2 centre halves looked like they had never played football. The midfield never got going leaving Yak to feed off scraps all night.
Arteta brought a slight spark to the side when he came on but then we conceded 2 awful goals to leave us with a mountain to climb in the 2nd leg in which we will have to go all out attack and hope we dont produce such a god awful display.

Biggest Culprits of The Night.

Yobo - Worst display in years
Jag - Unfortunately it was a display i have been expecting for a long time
Neville - What a joke of a player this fella is, how he is captain is beyond me

Desperately disappointed this morning but trying not to get carried away...

First, I want to give credit to Fiorentina. Good team, strong players, good passing and movement. The second goal was sublime. Well done La Viola.

As for Everton, This result does not make us a bad side. The old Everton of a few years ago (maybe even last season) would have concluded that the real weaknesses had been found out - that the cracks over which Moysie had papered had been exposed. Like against Stueau Bucharest. I don't feel that way this time. This is still a strong side and we might come back in the next leg.

Second, the big priority now is not the next leg but Sunderland at the weekend. If Arsenal or Man U lost in mid-week, we'd all expect them to hand out a real tonking to the next Premiership minnows they encountered. I'm looking for that on wearside this Sunday. The players have to believe in themselves sufficiently to play as they and we know they can. If they do that, we'll win. If we're as good as we started to believe, we'll not let night damage our real talent.

Thirdly, I'm wondering if the real problem here is psychological. We seem able to beat anyone we encounter in the premiership except the top four. That's got me thinking whether the players are somehow picking up unconfident signals from Moysie or the coaching team. I think Davie is naturally cautious and dour (look at his handling of young stars from Rooney to Vic and Vaughny, long spells on the bench before they get a full runout) Is this inner fatalism getting into the players heads? They didn't seem able to get going last night and may have been too respectful of the opposition.

It's still been a good season so far. I'm still optimistic about the future. Next week? Well...we might pull it off, here's hoping

I wonder if you would've registered if you had lost.

oh well who cares your here now. Do you like pasties mate?

I WOULD HAVE DONE IT ANYWAY....you guys talked too much before the game and you played a really poor game.You were saying the same stuff about the italian teams over and over.but actually you played tipical english game.lots of power and energy,but no tecnique at all...the best thing was your supporters...singing for the team anyway despite the loss.see you at goodison park.Good luck and i'm sorry if someone felt offended by my post...it was just a sarcastic song.

I WOULD HAVE DONE IT ANYWAY....you guys talked too much before the game and you played a really poor game.You were saying the same stuff about the italian teams over and over.but actually you played tipical english game.lots of power and energy,but no tecnique at all...the best thing was your supporters...singing for the team anyway despite the loss.see you at goodison park.Good luck and i'm sorry if someone felt offended by my post...it was just a sarcastic song.

To be fair, i dont disagree with much of what you say. One thing you have to give to teams from countries such as Italy and Spain is that they are very good on the ball and are technically excellent. Still think we are capable of turning it round next wednesday and im hoping a full and noisy Goodison will be help turn it round.

Nevertheless, Fiorentina deserved their win last night and us Evertonians are a pretty realistic and fair bunch on the whole. I dont think there will be many who would aregue we deserved anything more from the gam

To be fair, i dont disagree with much of what you say. One thing you have to give to teams from countries such as Italy and Spain is that they are very good on the ball and are technically excellent. Still think we are capable of turning it round next wednesday and im hoping a full and noisy Goodison will be help turn it round.

Nevertheless, Fiorentina deserved their win last night and us Evertonians are a pretty realistic and fair bunch on the whole. I dont think there will be many who would aregue we deserved anything more from the gam

oooohhhh finally....That's why we like so much your sport culture,brits..I'll be in Goodison and i will shake hands with everyone there.It's gonna be tuff for us,we know..but it should be tuffer for you.
anyway good luck for the championship(I CAN'T wish the same for the uefa cup,obviously...)
(y)

I agree at 100% with this.. In the firsts posts of this thread i see "we will win 3-1 at Florenz..2-0 etc...".They dont knows technique of Fiorentina.:P

you agree,but you're a violafan....grazie al cazzo!(y)

I agree, we got wrapped up in our undefeated streak and probably didn't respect la viola as much as we should've but the team that went out there is not how we usually play I think we came up against a foreign formation one that we don't usually deal with and the lads geniunely couldn't cope with it.

We were let down big time by some usually consistant players, Yobo in particular seemed like he was in awe of Vieri...(who was [Poor language removed] himself btw).

Hopefully this team can still pull it out of the bag a early goal at Goodison should set the crowd rocking. it's going to be very, very difficult but it's still winnable aslong as we don't freeze up again.

I do have one funny memory from last night's debacle. I caught the game on itv4.com. At one stage, the cameras cut to Mikel in the dugout. I don't know who was sitting next to him but, whoever he was, he was doing something with his hand, out of shot. Looked for all the world like he was cracking one off. Mikel's eyes never left the action on the pitch, thank god.
Anyone else see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back