Fiorentina v Everton - 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Moyes has named an unchanged side for the third consecutive match.

That means Mikel Arteta has to settle for a place amongst the substitutes upon his return to the squad following a spell receiving treatment for a stomach injury in Spain.

Tony Hibbert continues at right-back, with Phil Neville and Lee Carsley providing protection for the back four against a Fiorentina side that is riding high in Serie A.

Andrew Johnson, who made a key impact as a substitute in the weekend victory over Portsmouth, also has to settle for a place on the bench as the manager sticks to a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Yakubu will lead the attack, with Tim Cahill providing support from midfield.

The substitute's bench includes Stefan Wessels, Dan Gosling, Victor Anichebe, Thomas Gravesen, Leighton Baines as well as Johnson and Arteta.

Howard

Hibbert
Yobo
Jagielka
Lescott

Osman
Neville
Carsley
Pienaar
Cahill

Yakubu

I think we'll score tonight and win over two legs. They'll be looking for 2-0 tonight, which means they'll have to come at us. They're a little pedestrian at the back so I think we'll hurt them on the counter. I think we'll take it 3-1 on aggregate.

I think thats what I expected. Not a fan of Neville and Carsley in the middle(is anyone?) but we still have Pienaar to provide creativity. And isn't it nice to have a player of Arteta's standard on the bench?

I think we'll score tonight and win over two legs. They'll be looking for 2-0 tonight, which means they'll have to come at us. They're a little pedestrian at the back so I think we'll hurt them on the counter. I think we'll take it 3-1 on aggregate.

Apart from their win against Juve last saunday, I havent seen much of them. Heartening to hear a few people on these pages saying they look slow at the back. Looks good for AJ or Anichebe coming on!

To be fair Neville has been solid in midfield of late and Cars has been his usual dependable self. Fancy this one boys, I hope its not time to change my avatar! 1-0 us, Mr Andrew Johnson.

Im nervous, why the [Poor language removed]?

Just steam the [Poor language removed] into them, dont suffer all that snidey shitehouse [Poor language removed] and come away with a draw. Its going to be tough as [Poor language removed] though.

im puzzled by the fernandes absence too.

too say im excited about this match is an understatement.

for me , its the first 'proper ' european fixture since we won the cup winners cup.

i really really fancy us to get 2 or 3 goals on the counter tonight.
i just hope our defence play a blinder too and dont have an off night.

enjoy the match lads , and come on you blues !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back