Fiorentina v Everton - 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god they sold Luca Toni too Bayern....Otherwise I really wouldn't fancy our chances.

does Pazzini still play for these I've only really seen him play for Italy U-21's he was amazing that day.

Proud

I'm so proud of what Everton have achieved this season. They are playing nice, attractive football combined with hard work and committed players.

This squad is the best since mid-80's and I have to laugh when I go through the line-ups from the 90's (remember Barrett, Angell, Holmes,Barlow, Hottiger, Thomsen and Rowett???).

On Thursday we meet one of the best teams in Italy and I know we can beat them - on their home ground!!

After games against Manshite C and P'mouth I have a good feeling about 4th place....think the derby will be crucial. (y)

cheers !

Yep. OS said though that he's doubtful.

Funny though that in the past few years, no Arteta meant no creativity. Now, we're still missing him but it doesn't kill us like it used to.

Agreed. Thought it was telling on the commentary on sunday on sky sports when Andy Gray said to his co-commentator its taken them 80 odd minutes to mention Arteta!

Great to see this season that we have coped well when key players have been away. Thought the African Nations Cup would have hurt us but we continued to pick up points without Yak, Pienaar and Yobo. Great indication of having a good squad now.

I'm far too worked up for this, I'M ON A KNIFE'S EDGE!

ffs I have to be in bed and up early tomorrow. Everton why?! Can see us winning again, but expecting the usual Italian 'furbo' - Get to college. We might get shafted.

i think it will be a draw anything else will be a bonus at least we will have home advantage in the 2nd leg so we will no what we have to do

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/mikel-still-a-doubt.html

looking at the squad at the bottom of this story shows

Everton squad: Tim Howard, Iain Turner, Stefan Wessels, Tony Hibbert, Phil Neville, Joleon Lescott, Joseph Yobo, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Lee Carsley, Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar, Yakubu, Victor Anichebe, Andrew Johnson, Dan Gosling, Jack Rodwell.

Therefore NO:
Nuno,
Manny,
or Vaughan have travelled. At least Arteta has joined up now so he can come on off the bench if needed.

It's tonight's referee selection that's causing me concern, i just hope we get a strong one because this lot will be diving and appealling for everything, does anyone know who the ref will be ?

A bunch of Belgians are the match officials.

No Manny and no news wether he's carrying an injury or not..I wonder if the "there's no room for sulkers" interview moyes did was him telling Manny to shape up or he'll not play.

i read someting about the ref from 1 of his champions league game from bolton red star...........

The flow of the first half was disrupted somewhat by Belgian referee Paul Allaerts keeping stopping the game but in fairness the official kept his cards in his pocket despite a number of incidents. Only goalscorer McCann and Koroman where booked throughout the whole game.

Games refereed by Paul Allaerts in 2007/2008 Yellows Reds
European Cup Inter 4 - 2 CSKA Moscow 07-11-2007 5 0
UEFA Cup Red Star Belgrade 0 - 1 Bolton 06-12-2007 2 0
Games: 2 Yellow Cards: 7 Red Cards: 0

Do they ref in Belgium then? Whats that league like diving wise? also what about letting the game flow or always stopping for free kicks? anyone have a clue?

they ref'd Inter vs Liverpool if that's any help...

Sent off materazzi for nowt.

Hopefully they don't like Italian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back