• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Football is coming home, Euro 2024 Final, England v Spain(Sunday 8pm)

Think we missed Grealish.

He'd have helped keep the ball.

Bellingham/Kane just didn't do it.

We should pick our technical players, as a country we continue to overlook them. we seem preoccupied with physical players like Rice and Bellingham or in previous generations Henderson Gerrard Lampard etc. Their physicality counts for nothing at the top level when we can’t keep the ball. Too many of these players except for maybe Stones Foden and Palmer don’t have to make the play for their clubs. Bellingham especially has had a season finishing off Kroos and Modric’s build up play. He’s not capable of doing that role for England.

We seem to produce a lot of players like that, big them up when in fact they're just decent players but mot actually world class.

How many times do you hear the likes of Neville, Carragher, Sky commentators say "oh he's world class".

Nope, we have very good players but very few "world class" players. It's a myth to big up the product they try to sell.

Any player who is English who plays for the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man City are "werld class"

I like Rice a lot but seemed incapable of passing a ball forward for England.

Id go as far as saying he was our biggest problem tonight. Needed him and Mainoo in the transition. Every time Rice had the ball he was looking at Pickford before Bellingham or Foden.

We should pick our technical players, as a country we continue to overlook them. we seem preoccupied with physical players like Rice and Bellingham or in previous generations Henderson Gerrard Lampard etc. Their physicality counts for nothing at the top level when we can’t keep the ball. Too many of these players except for maybe Stones Foden and Palmer don’t have to make the play for their clubs. Bellingham especially has had a season finishing off Kroos and Modric’s build up play. He’s not capable of doing that role for England.
Saying Bellingham isn’t capable technically is absolutely wild behavior mate

Any player who is English who plays for the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man City are "werld class"

I like Rice a lot but seemed incapable of passing a ball forward for England.

Id go as far as saying he was our biggest problem tonight. Needed him and Mainoo in the transition. Every time Rice had the ball he was looking at Pickford before Bellingham or Foden.
He had a really poor tournament which is a surprise because he played really well for Arsenal. I'm not sure what went wrong for him. Maybe it's having someone as good as Odegard beside him that makes him look so good in the premier league.

Rice really should have buried that header. Running onto it, no one at you, all the goal to aim at.

I like Rice but ffs he's had an absolute shocker of a tournament.

I actually felt sorry for Rice throughout. Playing a more defensive role than he’s used to and having to put in huge shifts every game to make up for playing with different midfield partners all the time.

He looked absolutely spent in the Final, but I’d give him much more credit over the whole tournament than darlings like Bellingham, who was playing with lead boots the whole time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back