• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Football is coming home, Euro 2024 Final, England v Spain(Sunday 8pm)

Saying Bellingham isn’t capable technically is absolutely wild behavior mate

He’s not a playmaker. He shouldn’t be playing number 10. He plays a false 9 for Madrid but it’s the midfielders behind him who are dictating the game, not him. It’s the Gerrard Lampard conundrum all over again. Every time anyone questioned them a load of people just shriek that they’re world class and that’s the end of the debate. Bellingham has played numerous positions in two tournaments now and apart from an overhead kick he’s not done anything remotely world class. Dani Olmo looked absolutely miles ahead of him. He’s not even first choice if Pedri or Gavi had been fit. Bellingham might have to play deeper for England but again he’s not the type that can dictate play from deep like a Pirlo Modric Xavi type.

Wild take….. what an expression… sure you have responded to me before with that one. Stands out.

Wild take (one for you) is the thinking he should start as he adds something to the England team…. Wild take here… you will be in the minority….. wild take again…. Kane is a serial loser…. Wild take no…. What has he won??
Yeah, I have, earlier today. No reason to be catty mate x

What's any of England's strikers won ever then? Toney, Watkins, Bowen too if you'd like? And which one has scored the most goals for every team they've played at? And where does he not score, especially come finals (as in, the EURO/World Cup proper)? England is the common denominator.

Or is it club form, where Kane walks over all of those combined?

Like it or not Kane is the best striker in the England set up. Sadly you've got a manager bricking it at every opportunity when it matters and who's instructing strikers to never be where strikers should be - you've got a #9 defending every corner fgs, it's not just Kane, Watkins was the same just now, and had even fewer touches.

Anyway, it's "laugh at England" hour now, so I'm done with this topic cuz it's too serious really.

He’s not a playmaker. He shouldn’t be playing number 10. He plays a false 9 for Madrid but it’s the midfielders behind him who are dictating the game, not him. It’s the Gerrard Lampard conundrum all over again. Every time anyone questioned them a load of people just shriek that they’re world class and that’s the end of the debate. Bellingham has played numerous positions in two tournaments now and apart from an overhead kick he’s not done anything remotely world class. Dani Olmo looked absolutely miles ahead of him. He’s not even first choice if Pedri or Gavi had been fit. Bellingham might have to play deeper for England but again he’s not the type that can dictate play from deep like a Pirlo Modric Xavi type.
I think when he’s in a team that doesn’t have Harry Kane he’ll be appreciated much more. Foden steps on him a lot too. There’s balancing to do.

And then when Pickford went long there was no players picking up the second ball.

Never Foden/Bellinghams game to be chasing the knock on.
both are better pinching in, probably both shouldn't be on the pitch at the same time and arguably neither should be on if you are hell bent on playing Kane (who when he's not scoring can get the ball to the flanks at the least).

A
Yeah, I have, earlier today. No reason to be catty mate x

What's any of England's strikers won ever then? Toney, Watkins, Bowen too if you'd like? And which one has scored the most goals for every team they've played at? And where does he not score, especially come finals (as in, the EURO/World Cup proper)? England is the common denominator.

Or is it club form, where Kane walks over all of those combined?

Like it or not Kane is the best striker in the England set up. Sadly you've got a manager bricking it at every opportunity when it matters and who's instructing strikers to never be where strikers should be - you've got a #9 defending every corner fgs, it's not just Kane, Watkins was the same just now, and had even fewer touches.

Anyway, it's "laugh at England" hour now, so I'm done with this topic cuz it's too serious really.
interested to work out how Kane is the best striker in the England set up?

Whilst I understand the part that Southgate has, he is not instructing Kane to be where he is. That’s his play…. He is too slow and now not a play on the last defender striker. Easy to see.

To allow for the truly world class players like Foden and Bellingham to play he should be much higher up the pitch.

Easy

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back