Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

100% agree and why I originally said it would’ve been harsh on Spurs had it been given. Even though it clearly hit his hand there’s no disputing that.

And that’s why it was completely different to the last minute Jesus goal vs Spurs that @mikeh72 referred to earlier, which was disallowed because it hit Laporte on the arm, giving City a clear advantage.

It has been somewhat consistent in that case, it’s just not immediately obvious on this one.

What?? So handball isn’t actually handball unless it denies the opposition a chance or contributes to a goal? Beyond parody.

Born in 91 so was around for 95 but don’t remember it.

the crest is on my arm permanently and will always be a staunch evertonian but at the minute I’m constantly telling myself that il just watch NFL it the bundesliga (was based in Germany few years back so follow quite fondly) but surely something has to change because at the mo it’s just non stop depressing

You're a similiar age to me mate and as I say to the older lads on here they dont know how depressing it is being in our generation where we have seen nothing but absolute garbage and false dawns whilst told all these amazing stories by our arl fella's etc of title wins, holy trinity, Kendall etc.

We massively need some positive news at this club - only thing that will be at present is a credible manager coming in followed by 1-2 solid signings in the TW.

I've seen a few shouts in here for people giving up Sky. If you do, tell them why.

Then take your subscription money and go and see a local team. Some of you know, I've been hitting the lower leagues for the past couple of seasons, and I've been 'kin lovin it. Still got my season ticket but barely watched any other PL games. Don't watch MOTD anymore. Can't be arsed with any of it.

I only watch the championship these days outside of Everton - havent watched MOTD or the Champions League in about 3 seasons.

I honestly think you're just disagreeing at this point because it's me saying it. You've got form for this.

Because you're not making any sense whatsoever I'm afraid. You're taking one solitary example in an explanation of the rule and bending it every which way to fit a weird argument where it can only be handball if it stops a clear goalscoring opportunity. Which is, of course, not the rule.

But so be it.

Not fair at all. As I said, I genuinely didn't know the rule.

I asked if I should be annoyed and you posted the official link to the relevant law. I then actually read it. I wanted to know if it should have been handball.

How is using ALL the examples given in the official rulebook to interpret it "bending" it? lol It says quite clearly a major advantage needs to be gained and I've interpreted it using the information that they (you) provided.

You're saying that any change at all to the trajectory of the ball (so any contact at all) would count as a defensive advantage. Fine. I'm sure you're not making this up and it exists somewhere, so please post it as I can't find anything currently. Certainly not in what you've posted at least. I've no problem then changing my view completely.

I don’t support Liverpool, I take umbrage to the whole ‘lickle old Everton’ ‘it wouldn’t happen to the RS ( it has)’ ‘everyone hates us’ routine. It’s embarrassing. VAR is ruining football, that’s what I’m most concerned about, there’s no conspiracy, corruption, favouritism, etc etc. Just incompetenc.

ok mate well when your first post was introducing yourself , then you went into the Liverpool thread and stayed there ever since apart from the odd post about how crap we are then it’s a little bit too obvious

ok mate well when your first post was introducing yourself , then you went into the Liverpool thread and stayed there ever since apart from the odd post about how crap we are then it’s a little bit too obvious
Nice contribution to the thread mate. As usual, ends up accusing people of being RS when it doesn’t fit the narrative. Brilliant. Let’s be constructive and tell me where I’m wrong.

Clearly, they didn't abide by the new rule

I wonder why!
ha Keiran has liked this without understanding your post.

The idiot.

No, I understood it perfectly well.

It’s handball if it benefits the opposition.

Spurs gained no benefit from the Alli handball. Nobody on either team or in the stands even saw it! We had won another corner and were preparing for that.

It wasn’t a pen for me, I can see why it wasn’t given and plenty of top Footballers have said the same so it’s not that outlandish a statement, if it was a pen for you, fair enough.

That’s why we have forums, long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back