Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not. You’ve got to consider body position, the direction and trajectory of the ball and whether or not the opposition gained an unfair advantage from it.

Spurs didn’t. Nobody claimed. You are quite literally clutching at straws. It’s embarrassing.

So your saying you should have your hand by your head when jumping for a header ? Thought one of the rulings of VAR, was if it's a handball in the area it's a pen, if your hands are raised. Last time I looked at that incident, his hands where right by his head, so it's a clear pen for me.

Four mins to find a reason not to give Everton a penalty......
FB_IMG_1572819527913.webp

if a players raised arm blocks a shot that's inexcusable but I do think a ball bouncing off two players heads before hitting the defenders hand isn't as clear cut as people are making out.

if a players raised arm blocks a shot that's inexcusable but I do think a ball bouncing off two players heads before hitting the defenders hand isn't as clear cut as people are making out.

It doesn't matter if the ball ricochets off both crossbars, circles the moon, comes back to Earth and hits his hand; if his hand is above his head for an unnatural reason it's a penalty.

its consistency though. Many times this season that has been a Pen. Excusable without VAR. With VAR, surely there’s gotta be more consistency. His arm was in an unnatural position (above his head), if the ref sees that under the old rules, it’s a pen. The new rules? No one knows....................

Won't pay a single penny to sky. Haven't done for years. Got sent the clip of Gary Neville saying , "Everton ran further than United today, Everton!?!" The second time he said our name was with utter contempt. He should have been pulled by the presenter on the spot, of course it was brushed over by everyone bar Peter Reid. Not contributing towards them when that is their opinion of Everton.

The sport has been killed by Sky and their need for viewing figures and drama.

Four mins to find a reason not to give Everton a penalty......View attachment 70391

If you want to remove PSG from the champions league that’s handball and a penalty. If it’s involved in the goal that puts City out of the champions league then it’s not handball. If it gives Liverpool a pen in the CL final then it is handball. If it stops City getting 3 points against Spurs then it is handball. If it means Everton might get a penalty then it’s not handball.

All of them were unintentional handballs (with Alli’s probably the most intentional of the lot) but it seems now that the refs just interpret it however they want to give the result they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back