Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't pay a single penny to sky. Haven't done for years. Got sent the clip of Gary Neville saying , "Everton ran further than United today, Everton!?!" The second time he said our name was with utter contempt. He should have been pulled by the presenter on the spot, of course it was brushed over by everyone bar Peter Reid. Not contributing towards them when that is their opinion of Everton.

The sport has been killed by Sky and their need for viewing figures and drama.

People should stop going to the game and stop paying for the tv. What incentive is there for anything to change when the grounds are packed out and the subscriptions keep increasing? Every team in the English football pyramid except 6 literally exist as cannon fodder for sky to make entertainment out of to profit their gambling company yet people just can’t get enough of it even though they know their own team is being unfairly shafted week on week on week and will never be allowed to win anything. People just need to stop but they’re incapable of it. Just stop paying.

People should stop going to the game and stop paying for the tv. What incentive is there for anything to change when the grounds are packed out and the subscriptions keep increasing? Every team in the English football pyramid except 6 literally exist as cannon fodder for sky to make entertainment out of to profit their gambling company yet people just can’t get enough of it even though they know their own team is being unfairly shafted week on week on week and will never be allowed to win anything. People just need to stop but they’re incapable of it. Just stop paying.
Our fans don’t veto with their wallet that is for sure. Empty stadium sends a bigger message than a few boos

So your saying you should have your hand by your head when jumping for a header ? Thought one of the rulings of VAR, was if it's a handball in the area it's a pen, if your hands are raised. Last time I looked at that incident, his hands where right by his head, so it's a clear pen for me.
You are right, keiran is too stupid to understand the rules

OK, I'll take you on face value.

The advantage is having the illegal contact of the ball where it wouldn't otherwise have happened. That's the defensive advantage. It doesn't matter where the ball then goes, it's still stopping the ball from going the way intended.

The rule says and gives a major advantage from an attacking perspective as an 'explanation', not as part of the rule. It's actually explaining the previous set of rules - namely these - that deal with offensive football.

View attachment 70388

The only reason the word 'usually' is in the next set is because it's allowing for situation where the attacking/defending player has been ragdolled and has no control of their body. It says exactly that in the explanation.

View attachment 70389

Note the bullet points - it's adding literally point by point further clarity, which is why the first few refer to an offensive version of a handball.

Your mistake is the interpretation of the word "usually". It's only there for 'natural' reasons for the arm to be elevated above the head, which is why it can't be definitive - nothing more.

That rule looks like it was written by mystic meg, you can read that , apply it to almost any pen and have a reason to disallow or give it. It’s got so many loop holes in it that they can give or refuse a pen and have an “out” when people ask what their reasoning is. A major advantage? I know it gives two examples but what if they ref thinks others are major?
It says arms in natural position so above the shoulder? But they says that if the ball comes off another player or even their own body that it can be possible to avoid the ball. It doesn’t say if or when it’s classed as offence or what “ close” actually is , is it a meter? 2? 10?

but I still don’t get why as per the rules. Each post I read I go...ah yes and think that’s right. Then the other replies and I go ah...hmmm...yeah maybe.

pls continue long into the night and I’ll review it tmro

Hands above head for any reason other than having no control of your body + ball hitting the hand = penalty.

It really is that simple. Others have confused the matter by mistaking specific rules about handball in attacking scenarios instead.

There's nothing to debate - people have simply read it incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back