Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting you mention an understanding of English and yet don't have a grasp of the definition of the words 'decent' or 'good' which patently do not mean the same thing.

'Decent': of an acceptable standard; satisfactory.

'Good': to be desired; of a high standard.
But I do understand what 'effectively' means, and you don't. So there's that.

God you're a tedious bore.

But I do understand what 'effectively' means, and you don't. So there's that.

God you're a tedious bore.

You said “very” decent. You put the word “very” in there to imply they were better than merely decent.

You’re terrible at wriggling yourself out of awkward situations when you’ve been outed.

Let's not let this thread descend further into more off-topic dictionary semantics. I'm just glad you both now understand that 'good' and 'decent' are not the same thing. Let's move on.

Do feel Everton as a club should come out and make a statement or complaint against what's happening to us with VAR. We are too nice, I couldn't even work out if Silva complained about these continual unfair decisions against us because I couldn't even make out what he was saying.
Could you just imagine these decisions what would be said and done if it were Man United or Liverpool ? One thing neither club would be is quiet about it.

Do feel Everton as a club should come out and make a statement or complaint against what's happening to us with VAR. We are too nice, I couldn't even work out if Silva complained about these continual unfair decisions against us because I couldn't even make out what he was saying.
Could you just imagine these decisions what would be said and done if it were Man United or Liverpool ? One thing neither club would be is quiet about it.

What would you propose the club say?

That was the worst experience I've ever had as a spectator inside a football ground.

If I wasn't giving a friend a lift home, I'd have left after Gomes's injury.

That was the worst experience I've ever had as a spectator inside a football ground.

There was a blue called the radio after the game who said similar, think he said was the worst atmosphere he'd known.

Cahill summed it up for me on Sky when they tried to ask him about the penalty and he just sat back and said I don't know, ask someone else. I've been watching football for years now and I haven't got a clue what constitutes handball, or if a goal can actually be celebrated. They keep on messing with something that wasn't broken and now it is, very broken indeed.

Perfectly understandable, watching it on tv, my first thought was just blow the whistle, leave at 0-1, sack Silva and be done with it. In the end a draw was the fair result because both teams were pathetic for the vast majority of the game.

Of I said a player was very decent I would mean that he’s good tbf

To each their own, I’d use that phrase to describe someone like Noble, Matic, Milivojevic, Dier or Delph.

A good player is someone like Tielemans, Neves, Jorginho, Gundogan.

A very good player is someone like Kante, Fabinho, Fernandinho, Pogba.

I shouldn't have to tell you that, if you had one iota of common sense, I'd continue the conversation.

Whoa, why so hostile?

It was a simple question. What sort of statement would you like the club to put out? What should it say?

To each their own, I’d use that phrase to describe someone like Noble, Matic, Milivojevic, Dier or Delph.

A good player is someone like Tielemans, Neves, Jorginho, Gundogan.

A very good player is someone like Kante, Fabinho, Fernandinho, Pogba.

So you think Kante ... probably the best defensive mid in the world is a “ very good” player? Or Pogba who was a world record transfer and World Cup winner or Fernandinho who is probably the best player in the league in his position with Kante? What is Ronaldo and Messi ? Very very good?

So you think Kante ... probably the best defensive mid in the world is a “ very good” player? Or Pogba who was a world record transfer and World Cup winner or Fernandinho who is probably the best player in the league in his position with Kante? What is Ronaldo and Messi ? Very very good?

Yes, I think Kante is a very good player. I'm not sure what you're getting at. Don't we all? :Blink:

'Decent' and 'Good' are different words that mean different things. That was my point entirely. A decent player, is not a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back