Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Former Everton Managers discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have a £100 bet with you we have a better 2nd season under Koeman than we had under Martinez. All winnings to go to a charity of the winners choice.
That's not what I said though is it?

Maybe you should offer that we'll have a better second season under Koeman than we had in our first season under Martinez...now that would be a bold statement. He is (Koeman) "a better manager", so there should be no problem for you...should there?

That's not what I said though is it?

Maybe you should offer that we'll have a better second season under Koeman than we had in our first season under Martinez...now that would be a bold statement. He is (Koeman) "a better manager", so there should be no problem for you...should there?
C'mon mate your twisting it now. We all know you feelings re martinez/koeman. Yes we had a great first season with Martinez but was all downhill after. I remember you posting not judge Koeman on his first season but his second, bit of a contradiction wouldnt you say? Anyway, would you like to take the bet on, all for a good cause?

C'mon mate your twisting it now. We all know you feelings re martinez/koeman. Yes we had a great first season with Martinez but was all downhill after. I remember you posting not judge Koeman on his first season but his second, bit of a contradiction wouldnt you say? Anyway, would you like to take the bet on, all for a good cause?

I actually said that i wouldn't call for his dismissal until the first 18 months were up (in the event he warranted that call). I've stated that he's had a decent first season. He's ok, if a bit predictable and dull as a coach, but he's deplorable as a man. That's my pov on him.

The bet: happy to take that up on my stated terms...which is only fair really given you're the one who believes he's a good manager and capable of running up high points finishes.

but he's deplorable as a man. That's my pov on him.
You see that's ludicrous Dave. What the hell do you know about his personal life that gives you the right to say he's deplorable? I'd never say something like that about any manager, Martinez included because it would be bang out of order for me to make judgments lile that on someone I don't really know. Making judgments on his managerial abailty is fine but id like to know what has he supposedly done to earn such a ridiculous snide remark as that if you don't mind my asking?

Martinez came across as a nice decent man.

The problem being he bored us all to death in his final season with those tactics.

He knew it was not working, but he could not change tack.

I actually said that i wouldn't call for his dismissal until the first 18 months were up (in the event he warranted that call). I've stated that he's had a decent first season. He's ok, if a bit predictable and dull as a coach, but he's deplorable as a man. That's my pov on him.

The bet: happy to take that up on my stated terms...which is only fair really given you're the one who believes he's a good manager and capable of running up high points finishes.
Sorry mate but the terms wouldnt be equal, Martinez didnt have Europe to contend with and imo, teams below us we a lot weaker than they are atm.

Sorry mate but the terms wouldnt be equal, Martinez didnt have Europe to contend with and imo, teams below us we a lot weaker than they are atm.

Ok, I'll handicap it: I'll give you Koeman reaching 68 points.* And if IIRC Moyes had a long run in the EL and still clocked up 65 points, so "the superstar manager" should have no trouble.

*If we get through to the main competition.

Ok, I'll handicap it: I'll give you Koeman reaching 68 points.* And if IIRC Moyes had a long run in the EL and still clocked up 65 points, so "the superstar manager" should have no trouble.

*If we get through to the main competition.

Important

Only
League
Placing
Matters.

Ok, well 7th is rubbish.

I totally agree, to a degree, its not great, but its not 11th, what was Moyes points total the year we got 4th?

Did anybody care?

What was our points total in 87?

Did anybody care?

As I said David, Ronnys remit this season was European football, his remit next season will be to make us compete, with our peers and try and win a shiny, lets see how that goes, lets see if hes backed for an assault above us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back