Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Former Everton Managers discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Averages dont quite work like that mate.

2013-2014: 38 (W21 D9 L8 GF61 GA39) games 72 points winning rate 55.3%
2014-2015: 38 (W12 D11 L15 GF48 GA50) games 47 points winning rate 31.6%
2015-2016: 37 (W10 D14 L13 GF56 GA55) games 44 points winning rate 27.0%

Average - 54.3 points per season with a winning rate of roughly 38%. The 2nd and 3rd seasons' stats were atrocious as you are aware.

Last edited:
No mate, if you're to take away points then you have to take away the number of games by 1 also.

I know what your saying but as he only had 1 game off over 3 seasons i think we don't need to go into that detail.

All i know is if he had have stayed for that game we would have still ended up with 44 points as the atmosphere would have been toxic that day had he not have been relieved of his duties.

2013-2014: 38 (W21 D9 L8 GF61 GA39) games 72 points winning rate 55.3%
2014-2015: 38 (W12 D11 L15 GF48 GA50) games 47 points winning rate 31.6%
2015-2016: 37 (W10 D14 L13 GF56 GA55) games 44 points winning rate 27.0%

Average - 54.3 points per season with a winning rate of roughly 38%. The 2nd and 3rd seasons' stats were atrocious as you are aware.
Where's 44 points coming from?

I know what your saying but as he only had 1 game off over 3 seasons i think we don't need to go into that detail.

All i know is if he had have stayed for that game we would have still ended up with 44 points as the atmosphere would have been toxic that day had he not have been relieved of his duties.

We'll never know.

Where's 44 points coming from?

Please read carefully. Martinez was sacked on 12 May 2016. He managed the team for 37 games thus 44 points during 2015-2016 season as of 12 May 2016.

Unless you think the Norwich win should be credited to your hero which was managed by Unsy and Big Joe.

That's where you get 44 points then lol. Or you are going to move the goal post to suit your agenda?

Last edited:

Please read carefully. Martinez was sacked on 12 May 2016. He managed the team for 37 games thus 44 points during 2015-2016 season as of 12 May 2016.

Unless you think the Norwich win should be credited to your hero which was managed by Unsy and Big Joe.

Why that was not 44 points then lol?
Martinez's team.

Isn't that the way it works for you? That Martinez's first season was achieved mostly with Moyes' team?

What's sauce for the goose...

Martinez's team.

Isn't that the way it works for you? That Martinez's first season was achieved mostly with Moyes' team?

You've just took this to a new low Dave, there's clutching at straws and then there's sheer lunacy.

Martinez got 44 points in his final season, don't make a fool of yourself any more at this stage just take it on the chin pal.

You've just took this to a new low Dave, there's clutching at straws and then there's sheer lunacy.

Martinez got 44 points in his final season, don't make a fool of yourself any more at this stage just take it on the chin pal.
I dont know what I'm supposed to be taking on the chin. I give a balanced analysis of the man - acknowledging the good and the bad. No straws for me to clutch at.

Martinez's team.

You want to rewrite history now? I know it works for you that way. Your agenda. Are you claiming to credit the Norwich win to Martinez? You really are out of your mind friend.

Read this P37 W10 D14 L13 44 points and you are arguing the Norwich win had anything to do with Martinez. The tactics and selection were chosen by Unsworth.

Hey do you think we get 7th this season because of Martinezlol?

You want to rewrite history now? I know it works for you that way. Your agenda. Are you claiming to credit the Norwich win to Martinez? You really are out of your mind friend.

Read this P37 W10 D14 L13 44 points and you are arguing the Norwich win had anything to do with Martinez. The tactics and selection were chosen by Unsworth.

Hey do you think we get 7th this season because of Martinezlol?

He is out of his mind?

He isn't the one who seems to have some disturbing vendetta against a bloke who did not win enough football games for his liking.

(I am purposely ignoring his thoughts on Koeman here...)

Martinez's team.

Martinez can take a lot of credit for his first season, he freed the team of the dour, risk adverse scot he replaced. Everybody was bound to be happier when he came in and that translated directly to positive results.

But he wasn't left a bad team and they were well drilled and generally holding their own against most teams. He got like 3 more wins than Moyes did and that was partly due to other teams like utd being a shambles that year.

We can only say in hindsight that the majority of that first season must have been more down to Moyes + the added infectious optimism of RM, because we saw for 2 years afterwards the team regressed in defending and fitness.

When RM was sacked he left a team with no confidence, fitness or desire. Unsworth changed the team and got a result. Bit of a difference between Moyes handing over to Martinez than what Unsworth got saddled with don't you think?

Martinez can take a lot of credit for his first season, he freed the team of the dour, risk adverse scot he replaced. Everybody was bound to be happier when he came in and that translated directly to positive results.

But he wasn't left a bad team and they were well drilled and generally holding their own against most teams. He got like 3 more wins than Moyes did and that was partly due to other teams like utd being a shambles that year.

We can only say in hindsight that the majority of that first season must have been more down to Moyes + the added infectious optimism of RM, because we saw for 2 years afterwards the team regressed in defending and fitness.

When RM was sacked he left a team with no confidence, fitness or desire. Unsworth changed the team and got a result. Bit of a difference between Moyes handing over to Martinez than what Unsworth got saddled with don't you think?
I think you should give up the nonsense about Moyes having anything to do with that record breaking first season under Martinez.

He came in and completely transformed the way we played previously and had the players he inherited taking on much greater responsibility with the ball...a responsibility, by the way, they could not carry the burden of over time. They did retain some of the skills though, and that has been in evidence for much of the second part of the season when we've played to feet and worked the ball upfield much more than the hoofball Koeman brought to the club.

He is out of his mind?

He isn't the one who seems to have some disturbing vendetta against a bloke who did not win enough football games for his liking.

(I am purposely ignoring his thoughts on Koeman here...)

You did not read properly? He asked me where was 44 points coming from (last season)?

I think you should give up the nonsense about Moyes having anything to do with that record breaking first season under Martinez.

He came in and completely transformed the way we played previously and had the players he inherited taking on much greater responsibility with the ball...a responsibility, by the way, they could not carry the burden of over time. They did retain some of the skills though, and that has been in evidence for much of the second part of the season when we've played to feet and worked the ball upfield much more than the hoofball Koeman brought to the club.

Blame everyone other than Martinez himself.

Granted he made us better going forward, but that in itself isn't a shock if you pile more players forward. Bottom line is hand on heart I believe if Martinez had taken us over a season before he did, we wouldn't have got 72 points in 2013-14. That's with the same personnel, same other circumstances. We may have had a better 2012-2013 season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back