• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking of changing my mobile from optus to something that actually works, their network speed is absolute trash. The only thing keeping me with them atm is optus sport.

I cant bring myself to go to optus they have the worst signal around regional wa. Wish foxtel hadnt done such a butcher job on this whole negotation for these tv rights

After the first 4 games, I have to say i'm really impressed with the quality i'm getting for these games, its also good getting some half time commentary/punditry!

I know there was, and still is, some genuine concerns about Optus' streaming ability network, but for my own connection/link, i think they've done a pretty good job delivering what they promised.

After the first 4 games, I have to say i'm really impressed with the quality i'm getting for these games, its also good getting some half time commentary/punditry!

I know there was, and still is, some genuine concerns about Optus' streaming ability network, but for my own connection/link, i think they've done a pretty good job delivering what they promised.
Live games and the shows are amazing on the Fetch Mini.
The VOD quality and review show quality in general is poor. If they fix that issue, Optus is a winner for me.
Of course, I am on super fast, stable Telstra cable connected by Ethernet so don't know how those with Optus internet are doing.

Live games and the shows are amazing on the Fetch Mini.
The VOD quality and review show quality in general is poor. If they fix that issue, Optus is a winner for me.
Of course, I am on super fast, stable Telstra cable connected by Ethernet so don't know how those with Optus internet are doing.

I'm with TPG and at 3.5Km from the exchange thingy it could be better, but I'm happy with the service I get

ditched foxtel sport @$25 per month; bought Fetch Mini @$5 = winner

Foxtel seem to be taking very small steps, very, very slowly to change their outdated business plan... Big Ad splurge, with no real new Info...just 'It's coming soon' - but no price details until Dec...hope they go belly up tbh.

I'm with TPG and at 3.5Km from the exchange thingy it could be better, but I'm happy with the service I get

ditched foxtel sport @$25 per month; bought Fetch Mini @$5 = winner

Foxtel seem to be taking very small steps, very, very slowly to change their outdated business plan... Big Ad splurge, with no real new Info...just 'It's coming soon' - but no price details until Dec...hope they go belly up tbh.
Looks like a price restructure and move to a streaming delivery for Foxtel?

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/foxtel-insider/foxtel/pricing-and-delivery.html

Looks like a price restructure and move to a streaming delivery for Foxtel?

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/foxtel-insider/foxtel/pricing-and-delivery.html

Yeah, Sounds like the Optus premiership win (which although is inconveniencing to some) may in the longer term have a positive affect for the whole of Foxtel's subscription base. Hopefully they'll be moving away from forcing people to pay for 40 channels you never watch, to get access to the 5-6 you do!

We still have our foxtel box but I was planning on cutting back the packages further once Optus sport bedded in, so will be interesting to see how this goes and hopefully save some more $$$ come December, while keeping foxtel

Yeah, Sounds like the Optus premiership win (which although is inconveniencing to some) may in the longer term have a positive affect for the whole of Foxtel's subscription base. Hopefully they'll be moving away from forcing people to pay for 40 channels you never watch, to get access to the 5-6 you do!

We still have our foxtel box but I was planning on cutting back the packages further once Optus sport bedded in, so will be interesting to see how this goes and hopefully save some more $$$ come December, while keeping foxtel
Correct. I think Optus EPL is great, apart from the aforementioned VOD quality issues.
If we can get a standalone Sports package on Foxtel that would be great.

THIS.

We still have our foxtel box but I was planning on cutting back the packages further once Optus sport bedded in, so will be interesting to see how this goes and hopefully save some more $$$ come December, while keeping foxtel ME TOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back