• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up to the BEIN offering through Sky Sports here, after seeing that the pop-up channels were showing on the Sky Go streaming service.

Watched the game live, in good quality HD. Have to admit almost dropping off a few times in the second half, but one of Stek's saves woke me right up for the rest of the match.

Not all games will be live, but the few that aren't are shown after the live games on replay. I'm not too worried about that, as it just gives me an excuse not to wake up at 2am, and instead just watch the replay on the morning. Will make for a less grumpy day (irrespective of the result).

For $12 NZD a month (less than what was charged for TWO pre-season games) it's not a bad deal.

Signed up to the BEIN offering through Sky Sports here, after seeing that the pop-up channels were showing on the Sky Go streaming service.

Watched the game live, in good quality HD. Have to admit almost dropping off a few times in the second half, but one of Stek's saves woke me right up for the rest of the match.

Not all games will be live, but the few that aren't are shown after the live games on replay. I'm not too worried about that, as it just gives me an excuse not to wake up at 2am, and instead just watch the replay on the morning. Will make for a less grumpy day (irrespective of the result).

For $12 NZD a month (less than what was charged for TWO pre-season games) it's not a bad deal.
That's a great deal. Do you get it in Bein HD? That's amazing quality over here.

That's a great deal. Do you get it in Bein HD? That's amazing quality over here.

I have the HD ticket, and the watermarks say BEIN HD so I'd say so.

It's not a bad price, and by all accounts Sky TV aren't making any money on it, just passing on the cost. Still think their overall package costs too much though, first world problems...

I always record the game even if I watch it live and I watched the first half of the Spurs match before I went to bed.

I switched over to see how the other games were going a few times but they didn't come on. There was a message telling me something about going to the main menu and turning off recording to access the other channels, or words to that effect. Do any of you know what that's about?

And while I'm here, Kithnou, how does on demand work? I assumed that you could watch a replay of any match you wanted whenever you
like, but I'm not seeing that.

I can scan forward and see when the match I want is on, but that's not 'on demand' is it?

Btw, none of the club channels on Foxtel televise their match live, as I suspected after the Rooney match, they're all radio commentaries live
and televised replays the next day. Except the Chelsea Monday night match which will be shown later in the day.

I'm talking about Australia - don't know about other parts of the world.

I always record the game even if I watch it live and I watched the first half of the Spurs match before I went to bed.

I switched over to see how the other games were going a few times but they didn't come on. There was a message telling me something about going to the main menu and turning off recording to access the other channels, or words to that effect. Do any of you know what that's about?

And while I'm here, Kithnou, how does on demand work? I assumed that you could watch a replay of any match you wanted whenever you

I can scan forward and see when the match I want is on, but that's not 'on demand' is it?

Btw, none of the club channels on Foxtel televise their match live, as I suspected after the Rooney match, they're all radio commentaries live
and televised replays the next day. Except the Chelsea Monday night match which will be shown later in the day.

I have the fetch mini which doesn't have the ability to record, but you can watch on demand via the app any time. I don't think on demand is available via fetch.

Do the players get blurry when running for anyone else on the fetch mini on the TV? Raised it on whirlpool and apparently that is the case with it only being 720p quality.
Damn annoying.
No issues with mine. Is your internet speed ok? Any other devices using it? Can't remember the exact buttons to press, but on fetch you can diagnose your connection speed to make sure it is ok.

No issues with mine. Is your internet speed ok? Any other devices using it? Can't remember the exact buttons to press, but on fetch you can diagnose your connection speed to make sure it is ok.
On Telstra cable getting 113Mbps. The blur seems to be an issue for most with VOD games. Live games are ok and high quality.

I'm impressed apart from the motion blur which is apparent on VOD. Hope they look into that.
Yeah I have the same after watching the match ondemand on the fetch box. Everything is sharp apart from the players or ball when moving. Also, Not sure if it's due to my old TV, but the players when moving some of the time seem to blur out and become heavily pixilated, but everything else in the shot is sharp. It's not my connection as I switch over to ESPN and it's perfect. Sounds like it's some frame per second issue from reading about.. Hope they fix that up as I'm impressed with the app on the fetch box!

Yeah I have the same after watching the match ondemand on the fetch box. Everything is sharp apart from the players or ball when moving. Also, Not sure if it's due to my old TV, but the players when moving some of the time seem to blur out and become heavily pixilated, but everything else in the shot is sharp. It's not my connection as I switch over to ESPN and it's perfect. Sounds like it's some frame per second issue from reading about.. Hope they fix that up as I'm impressed with the app on the fetch box!
Correct mate many are having motion blur issues. Apart from that the fetch mini quality has been great. Great shows as well throughout the week in the Shows tab on top too.

Press menu and in the tv drop down the bottom one is optus sport. Click on that and all the weekends matches are there.

Sorry mate you didn't put the @ in front of my name and I didn't get a notification.
As @cronullasharks said re VOD. If you keep going across all the way to the right in the menu you will see a heading "Shows". Some good shows from the UK in there.

Correct mate many are having motion blur issues. Apart from that the fetch mini quality has been great. Great shows as well throughout the week in the Shows tab on top too.
Watching the Stoke v city match, and the motion blur seems to have been fixed up me (for now)

Quick heads up from the Optus rep on whirlpool. I'll update as he updates.

"Football Today Deadline Special will air from 6:30-8:00AM tomorrow.
We're working on a live channel guide – I'll let you know updates as I get them."

Quick heads up from the Optus rep on whirlpool. I'll update as he updates.

"Football Today Deadline Special will air from 6:30-8:00AM tomorrow.
We're working on a live channel guide – I'll let you know updates as I get them."

6.30 AEST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back