2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I think he got the tactics and formation better than Monday...but not getting results and the need to constantly change formations means that he is now lost on how we can even contemplate getting points in any games. He will probably go 442 against Newcastle with high pressing and we will get beat on counter attacking football.

Of course he's to blame but not a 100% he should never have been hired. As bad as the previous seasons were , we were never this close to the drop.

We’ve been papering over the cracks for years. I’ve said it loads of times. I was amazed we didn’t go down in 17/18 because we were the worst team in the league then by a mile. Basically Gueye and Rooney kept us up and Allardyce being pragmatic.

If you want to blame someone for this mess, blame Koeman. Sold all our top players, brought in horrific ones on 100k a week contracts which meant we’ve been in an FFP hole ever since. Then we’ve just compounded it by buying crap ever since as a short term fix.

Like many people have said, there isn't a manager in the world that gets a tune out of a squad like this.
Big Sam would have gotten at least a point today. 10 men behind a ball and had the players defending for their lives.

we really should be picking the call and begging him to come back. We can’t continue with an inexperienced experiment.

Guardiola would be sectioned if he had this lot.

There's no one now other than Lampard and this lot he manages.

This is it. The final roll of the dice.

We’re gone. Even the level of fight we had agaisnt Arsenal and Chelsea over Christmas isn’t even there.

These players just are not interested in working hard for Everton. We’re gone.

Not off to a good start to tell the truth. BUT we dug ourselves a grace with the Benitez appointment and have to see this one out. Maybe we can turn it around- the past two fixtures were very tough prior to this one

We look like we can't create any scoring opportunities, we have zero creativity.

The punting of James Rodriguez looks like an awful decision now. Yes, he was slow and got injured, but he was the only player we had last season who could pick a pass and create something out of nothing.

Big Sam would have gotten at least a point today. 10 men behind a ball and had the players defending for their lives.

we really should be picking the call and begging him to come back.
Ask him back and get frank to stand by untill next season, pay big same well if he saves us. It’s bad but we are getting that desperate now.

We look like we can't create any scoring opportunities, we have zero creativity.

The punting of James Rodriguez looks like an awful decision now. Yes, he was slow and got injured, but he was the only player we had last season who could pick a pass and create something out of nothing.
We couldn’t afford to keep him.

It's great to see all these Damascene conversions to the simple truth that the players are second tier standard, but this was also the truth when Senor Benitez was in charge and people were less forgiving of that truth then, for some reason. Ancelotti would have eventually been fired by this squad of players - the 5-0 at City last season was a mere aperitif for what would have happened to even the great Carlo, but he was too canny to hang around and sink with the ship. Instead, our novice manager will be the fall guy.

I strongly agree, but I just feel sorry for Lampard at this point. This group of players is purely toxic. I would absolutely hate to have to turn up to training and pretend to be their mate every day.
That’s why I suggested, in the match thread, that he needs to round them up in training, ask who’s up for the fight and bin off those that aren’t and play the U23 lads who’ll have nothing to lose and would show a bit of fight

Today, he needs to take responsibility. 5 at the back?? 2 in CM?? We’re at home and need a win. We need to be positive in our tactics. 5 at the back isn’t it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back