2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is spot on but I think the best way to protect the shambolic defence is to flood the midfield and prevent the ball getting into our 18 yard box.

In this system, we always come under so much pressure and the goal inevitably follows.

Yep I agree.

I’d put Docuoure in the holding role and just tell him to break stuff up. Allan and DVB ahead of him and hope for the best. Doucoure is lost in a three usually though as he goes on the inside right channel and doesn’t have the technique for it.

So running around like a [Poor language removed] in training garrentees a starting spot these days no wonder we are in trouble.
Is it any wonder Patterson isn't running about fighting for a place when he has Coleman and Kenny getting a game every week and getting the run around and still getting picked?

Patterson isn't going to change us one bit. Same with Mykolenko and I said that when the fat one spent the money on both. We should've bought a midifielder.

No getting around 5 defeats in your first 6 league games being terrible. The new manager bounce was an improvement in performances which didn't translate into points.

Don't understand why he's using a system that requires quality attacking full backs when we have none. The worst part about today was how lost the players looked second half.

Having said all that, he has to be our manager at the start of next season no matter what happens.
Seems to really like playing a back 3 and it’s a horrible formation with our players. Leaves the two centre midfielders totally isolated and having to cover far too much ground, easily overpowered. Then like you say, we don’t really have wingbacks to make the attacking part work.

We are getting relegated the simple fact is the players aren’t good enough, and don’t want it enough to win games. We lack pace, we lack creativity and we have zero defenders and confidence. Not through lampard, through incompetent signings before him and lack of plan. We are terrible, really really bad.

We have pace. Gray Gordon Richarlison DCL Alli Docuoure Godfrey Holgate all have pace.

We don’t use it though because apart from Gordon they don’t have the application to run hard enough.

So running around like a knob in training garrentees a starting spot these days no wonder we are in trouble.
Is it any wonder Patterson isn't running about fighting for a place when he has Coleman and Kenny getting a game every week and getting the run around and still getting picked?
Imagine not getting picked for lack of effort and then watch Dele Alli stroll around as if we were winning 5-0.

Eh?

He's the one throwing insults around, calling me vermin and fingering all my posts.

Lads a bad loser, needs to take some time away from football and the internet if he cant control his emotions.

Half my posts getting fingered today for having the audacity of supporting the team!

All others seem to want to do is crucify these players which at the end of the day will do more harm than good - if we end up going down they will have to take some share of the blame for it themselves and that’s the harsh truth

Why is he playing Coleman in the first place?

Its not far wrong.
Cos none of the previous 5 or 6 managers have ever considered spending any of the £500 million which has been used on Iwobi, Tosun, Klassen etc etc on a new right back. In all fairness, I wouldn't have picked Coleman but when the choices are Coleman, JJK or Paterson, it's not a great talent pool in all fairness.

We have pace. Gray Gordon Richarlison DCL Alli Docuoure Godfrey Holgate all have pace.

We don’t use it though because apart from Gordon they don’t have the application to run hard enough.
Or more likely, they don't get to use their pace because Lampard's turgid short passing game means the opposition are set by the time we get it out of our own half.

Without Gana in the CM doesnt matter if we play a 2 or 3 as we just dont have that natural defensive midfielder.

Only mistake I thought he made was no Keane as without either Keane or Mina you have no height at the back and they have some big units in Jimenez, Coady and Boly.

little faith long term as without our sponsers and FFP problems I dont see how we bring the players in the summer that Lampard will need to rebuild the side.

We need a good 4-5 coming in but can we afford that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back