2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Gana in the CM doesnt matter if we play a 2 or 3 as we just dont have that natural defensive midfielder.

Only mistake I thought he made was no Keane as without either Keane or Mina you have no height at the back and they have some big units in Jimenez, Coady and Boly.

little faith long term as without our sponsers and FFP problems I dont see how we bring the players in the summer that Lampard will need to rebuild the side.

We need a good 4-5 coming in but can we afford that?

Kin hell. He left about 4 years ago.
May aswell go on about gravesen and carsley.

Townsend and Iwobi as full backs next game. Get weird with it Frank
hjb.gif

Absolutely none of this is on Frank, he’s clearly tinkering with a pathetic squad to try and get some kind of tune. The man needs time, lots of it.

Even injuries aside, I don’t think anyone truly believed this squad was this bad. Every time I see our XI displayed on sky sports during a relegation discussion or hear it being discussed on a football podcast, the “too good to go down” line is continually trotted out. But, and I mean this as no slight on the lad, when you’re “in form” (and I use the term loosely) player is Gordon, well you’re in big trouble.

There is also no defensive combo or selection that I can see working. The personnel are all just awful. Even if you try and flood the back line with 5 and two holders etc I just don’t see us not conceding.

Patterson isn't going to change us one bit. Same with Mykolenko and I said that when the fat one spent the money on both. We should've bought a midifielder.
He will not make us any worse if he can at least keep up with other players in the prem.
No argument from me on a midfielder, but why didnt we get one and a centre back , instead of the 3 midfielders we got in positions we didn't need filling?.
This club is a joke those at the top are clueless.

Can't be blamed for how bad Doucoure was. Never seen anything like it didn't have any awareness whatsoever frightening
Doucoure was on a hiding to nothing today. 2 man midfield meant he had to cover a lot of the pitch on his own. As a result he was chasing shadows all game. No lack of effort but way behind the game. Think it was the selection rather than him. Anyone can see we need 3 in the middle to compete.

Only our bonehead owner would go for a rookie when we are trying to escape a relegation battle. I said at the time Allardyce was the best bet and I still think that would have been the case. It would have been a bitter pill to swallow, but we could worry about that next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back