2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to spoil the party but if you look at all our manager first press conferences over the years we always gush how refreshing they sound and like what they have to say.

By the middle and end of thier reign in thier pressers we can't comprehend a word, haven't a clue what they are on about.

This is because at the start its fresh optimism. Its our first time hearing them as Everton manager we hang on every word. And we take all the positives.

When they start losing and its not looking good we don't wanna hear it. There's nothing a manager can say.. unless he comes out and says. 'We're crap, that side I picked was dog turd. I dono what I was thinking. I need to wake up and do what it takes to get this club where it belongs.' .. and even that'll only work once.

I always find it funny how people choose to perceive. Was saying yesterday if we hated the manager and he came in with all these fines for players we would twist it as a negative and say its a terrible idea. He's lost the dressing room already etc etc.

People huh?
I hope you're not on a high horse mate

That being said, honestly think he's a bit more... Real and thoughtful with his responses, which puts him ahead of the other managers full of their platitudes (minus Carlo, who is a quality manager)

If we're in the shitter in a few months, I'd rather a manager who has a chance to call it as he sees it than the typical BS. And he seems the type to be honest (then again I haven't seen his pressers before so maybe I'm wrong)

I hope you're not on a high horse mate

That being said, honestly think he's a bit more... Real and thoughtful with his responses, which puts him ahead of the other managers full of their platitudes (minus Carlo, who is a quality manager)

If we're in the shitter in a few months, I'd rather a manager who has a chance to call it as he sees it than the typical BS. And he seems the type to be honest (then again I haven't seen his pressers before so maybe I'm wrong)
He has an average season next season and then season after goes on a 10 game run without a win you'll be pritty sick of what he has to say Satan.

All the things you are sayingbhave been said about most or previous managers starting off.

I think he would have seen enough of our squad and is intelligent enough to realise he can’t play that way, that being said. We don’t really know how good technically the new full backs are. Mina makes a huge difference, he’s better on the ball than our other CB’s.

Amd adding De Beek and Ali, will help as well.
Hope you’re right mate, but his reign at derby did not impress me with fast and attractive football. As a avid punter of team to score first goal, it was a nightmare for me. The slow football is difficult to watch at times. The same thing happened during his Chelsea days. Really hope he is not another possession obsess manager like brown shoe.

….ha, ha, whilst we’ve been posting about Moshiri’s interference, you’ve been lecturing us for the last 6 months that your hero manager had total control with the backing of the Owner - ‘It’s all fine now, Brands was the big problem’.
My "hero manager" - err, no...just another Everton manager that received my support...maybe you'll be able to summon up support for this next one?

And I've been posting about Moshiri's interference is in terms of his liberal hiring and firing of managers not any input into transfer dealings on the main.

You're not very good at this are you?

Hope you’re right mate, but his reign at derby did not impress me with fast and attractive football. As a avid punter of team to score first goal, it was a nightmare for me. The slow football is difficult to watch at times. The same thing happened during his Chelsea days. Really hope he is not another possession obsess manager like brown shoe.
I don’t think he is, he’s definitely not possession for
Possession sake.

I didn’t watch him at derby so I don’t know about that.

Chelsea he had to integrate a lot of youngsters, in his first season after losing 55% of his goals when hazard left, so thinks won’t happen overnight like here.

His second season, if his new 180mil attack isn’t scoring, you can’t really blame him to much, his biggest mistake was persevering with them. Tuchel came in and shut up shop with a back 5 and 2 grafters infront.

I liked his calm demeanour. Reading between the lines in his presser he was telling people to be patient for the next couple of games and give him time to work sort the players. Important for everyone not to panic when there are still a lot more games to be played this season.

It would be great if we could win 2 or 3 games straight away and take away the pressure, but that's not that likely with this squad. There needs to be realistic expectations and a lot of patience between now and May, and probably into the beginning of next year.

The expectation and standard for the rest of this season is pretty simple. We need to come 17th or better and if Lampard achieves that then we back him for next season and look to do much better.

Rumour has it Sir Lampard has already established his infamous fine list.

Rondon - lapped twice during short sprint training.
Davies - breaking into DCLs locker and stealing his GHDs
Holgate - attempting a forward pass in 5 a side
Pickford - smashing changing room mirror after argument with himself
Iwobi - impersonating a footballer during team building event
Tosun - p@@sing inplants

* list is correct at time of writing but may be significantly larger now.

Rumour has it Sir Lampard has already established his infamous fine list.

Rondon - lapped twice during short sprint training.
Davies - breaking into DCLs locker and stealing his GHDs
Holgate - attempting a forward pass in 5 a side
Pickford - smashing changing room mirror after argument with himself
Iwobi - impersonating a footballer during team building event
Tosun - p@@sing inplants

* list is correct at time of writing but may be significantly larger now.
Don't believe the Iwobi one...

Not to spoil the party but if you look at all our manager first press conferences over the years we always gush how refreshing they sound and like what they have to say.

By the middle and end of thier reign in thier pressers we can't comprehend a word, haven't a clue what they are on about.

This is because at the start its fresh optimism. Its our first time hearing them as Everton manager we hang on every word. And we take all the positives.

When they start losing and its not looking good we don't wanna hear it. There's nothing a manager can say.. unless he comes out and says. 'We're crap, that side I picked was dog turd. I dono what I was thinking. I need to wake up and do what it takes to get this club where it belongs.' .. and even that'll only work once.

I always find it funny how people choose to perceive. Was saying yesterday if we hated the manager and he came in with all these fines for players we would twist it as a negative and say its a terrible idea. He's lost the dressing room already etc etc.

People huh?
I cannot see your point .What do you expect ? Of course we will gush over him,we would gush over almost anyone after Benitez .The rest of your post is obvious isn't it ? If anyone including Pep went on that kind of streak no one would be happy ,so I think you wasted about the same amount of time as I just did .

Messages here and messages there from the new manager.

No offence like - and I do like the reality of Lampard as manager and he should get 100% support from everyone for a season - but I for one am full to the 'kin gunnels with talk about what he's going to bring to the job and how refreshing it all is.

I just want to see him get a result against Brentford and then Newcastle. Time for the words to be put away and action to take over.

It feels like about two years since we've had a game so much has happened in the last 3 weeks.

Messages here and messages there from the new manager.

No offence like - and I do like the reality of Lampard as manager and he should get 100% support from everyone for a season - but I for one am full to the 'kin gunnels with talk about what he's going to bring to the job and how refreshing it all is.

I just want to see him get a result against Brentford and then Newcastle. Time for the words to be put away and action to take over.

It feels like about two years since we've had a game so much has happened in the last 3 weeks.
Its disgusting he didnt ask the FA to move the game forward so Dave had less time to read his words.

Disgusting.

LAMPARD OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back