2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t disagree with that. I’ve no doubt their names and standing in the game have got them these jobs. My point was people are maybe rightly questioning lampard’s appointment based on his managerial experience and I compared it to Gerrard’s who the press are gushing over. Time will tell if it was the right appointment.
Completely agree. I suppose I am consistent in that I don't rate either. Gerrard has been there five minutes. Dean Smith was a saviour at Villa for a while too, and look how that ended. All to prove there. Same for Frank. Big week ahead, so the honeymoon will either be choked at birth or genuinely flower into something more sustainable.

Agreed there's a hell of a lot of gushing going on at the moment which doesn't really match his CV. I think it's at least in part driven by relief at Rafael being gone and there not being any games. Good that the football gets going again today and hopefully things will settle a bit.

Excellent fence sitting. Personally I’ll give him as much time as he needs and back him in any situation against any of our players.

He's got the same players out there as we had before.
Unless he's stopped them passing to the opposition and doing stupid fouls around the penalty area, then we could be in for a disappointment.

Going to take time getting some of these very limited footballers to play a more possession based game but really hope he gets given time to build. There is going to be a few very iffy performances as players adapt to not hoofing it every time it gets near them

It will take time, nobody should be expecting miracles. If we lose a few games because our current players, who let’s face it many of them have proven they’re not up to it, make mistakes and are not up to par on the ball, that’s fine. Frank and his team will be implementing a footballing style and strategy for the long term and if we need to take a few steps back (in some ways) to move forward then that’s perfectly natural. We haven’t seen anyone with a clear plan for a long time.

Completely agree. I suppose I am consistent in that I don't rate either. Gerrard has been there five minutes. Dean Smith was a saviour at Villa for a while too, and look how that ended. All to prove there. Same for Frank. Big week ahead, so the honeymoon will either be choked at birth or genuinely flower into something more sustainable.
We can't play the new midfield today and we have a severe injury problem so why would it be choked at birth? Why, when he has had a couple of games would it be?
We need results but I am not demanding brilliance in a few hours with a new manager

He's got the same players out there as we had before.
Unless he's stopped them passing to the opposition and doing stupid fouls around the penalty area, then we could be in for a disappointment.
Exactly El Ghazi, DVB and Alli cup tied and no Calvert- Lewin. Lampard’s not a miracle worker. He’s had a week to work with players who are desperately short of confidence. I’m hoping a positive crowd getting behind the team will make the difference today and then the new players and time spent on the training ground will make the difference in the forthcoming matches.

I like the fact that he is getting tough with players, fining them for various indiscretions. That is what has been needed for a while, the players have been lacking discipline.

We now have a no nonsense manager, just the job.
The EASDRC (Everton Anarcho-Syndicalist Dressing Room Committee) will be closely monitoring this type of stuff and readying themselves to down tools in the near future.

Martinez
Koeman
Silva
Ancelotti
Benitez

Lampard

The EASDRC (Everton Anarcho-Syndicalist Dressing Room Committee) will be closely monitoring this type of stuff and readying themselves to down tools in the near future.

Martinez
Koeman
Silva
Ancelotti
Benitez

Lampard

Aye, and while they are it toss in their contracts and pee off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back