2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Frank's training videos, and liked what i saw. A lot of short passing with no time on the ball, vs the last few Rafael training sessions where players were spread out more.

A few things I want to see today, three in the midfield obviously. More solid disciplined defence. Better build up play, and more posession against Brentford.

When DCL is back, I'd like to see Richarlison wide (I know he wants to play up front), but he helps the team more wide.
What 3 would u have in midfield mate?

Now the managerial furore has abated somewhat, I find I am relatively satisfied and hopeful once more.
We have a young manager who prefers attacking front foot football, and who is also intelligent and speaks well.
He has also, Avengers like, assembled an impressive team of assistants.
We are still in a precarious position and he will as ever need time to improve us.
Our upcoming fixture against the barcodes has assumed an added significance we could do without.
But it’s great to be going to the game today with a sense of hope and anticipation rather than an expectation of poor football and defeat.

It'll be fascinating to see how long the Frankie Feelgood Factor lasts. I think his PR is great and his enthusiasm and track record as a player speak well of him. His managerial CV, however, is deeply mediocre and he wouldn't have been appointed had he not had the playing career he had. Perhaps his desire, intelligence, name value, and the regard players will hold him in as a fine former player will be just what the doctor ordered for us. Certainly, Moshiri was keen to back him (to be fair, he tends to back all his appointed managers in the market if at all possible). But I'm pretty circumspect about all of this. Some grown men on other sites are gushing over him already - "a true leader" - based on an interview in the Times. I'd like a little more than a Cockney quip or an irascible smile before getting the hot flushes myself.

Here's hoping this is a turning point for the club. It would be wonderful. But Lampard is a punt. That's not his fault, though. That's where we are now as a club: reduced to throwing dice and hoping something turns up. Maybe, keep Uncle 'Arry away from the training ground, though, Frank, eh?

It'll be fascinating to see how long the Frankie Feelgood Factor lasts. I think his PR is great and his enthusiasm and track record as a player speak well of him. His managerial CV, however, is deeply mediocre and he wouldn't have been appointed had he not had the playing career he had. Perhaps his desire, intelligence, name value, and the regard players will hold him in as a fine former player will be just what the doctor ordered for us. Certainly, Moshiri was keen to back him (to be fair, he tends to back all his appointed managers in the market if at all possible). But I'm pretty circumspect about all of this. Some grown men on other sites are gushing over him already - "a true leader" - based on an interview in the Times. I'd like a little more than a Cockney quip or an irascible smile before getting the hot flushes myself.

Here's hoping this is a turning point for the club. It would be wonderful. But Lampard is a punt. That's not his fault, though. That's where we are now as a club: reduced to throwing dice and hoping something turns up. Maybe, keep Uncle 'Arry away from the training ground, though, Frank, eh?
Agreed there's a hell of a lot of gushing going on at the moment which doesn't really match his CV. I think it's at least in part driven by relief at Rafael being gone and there not being any games. Good that the football gets going again today and hopefully things will settle a bit.

Agreed there's a hell of a lot of gushing going on at the moment which doesn't really match his CV. I think it's at least in part driven by relief at Rafael being gone and there not being any games. Good that the football gets going again today and hopefully things will settle a bit.

Oh they'll turn mate.

They always do.

He lost a play off final with Derby in his first job and took Chelsea to a top 4 position despite a transfer embargo. To me that record is comparable with Slippy’s (whose receiving lots of plaudits) who won the title in a two horse race in Scotland and is now putting his stamp on Villa’s team. Let’s hope Frank can do the same for us.

Even in recent history, well fairly recent most of the 80s players were Tory votes, Souness and Saint John have canvassed for them, John Barnes too and he was at an event with Boris on the last campaign, and let's not forget the Mogg family

View attachment 154860
I’m amazed that this stuck-up lanky streak of pish allows his kids to wear shirts from the common peoples game! I thought he’d have them dressed in posh replica polo club shirts or ‘rugger’ shirts at the very least.

Backroom staff is key. Think he's brought in some genuine quality mixed with experience at the top top level.

While Frank will have final say, he'll be listening to everyone especially Clement.

I'd say it's a punt right now in the situation we're in. But long term could be exactly what we need. A young manager, great experienced support, opportunity to build.

We'd be stupid to hound him out if progress is being made on the pitch with an identity, a style, a functioning youth academy. I've even said before...if that means being midtable while this happens as we build, so be it.

He lost a play off final with Derby in his first job and took Chelsea to a top 4 position despite a transfer embargo. To me that record is comparable with Slippy’s (whose receiving lots of plaudits) who won the title in a two horse race in Scotland and is now putting his stamp on Villa’s team. Let’s hope Frank can do the same for us.
"Comparable with Slippy's" - true, but a title in Scotland means, what, about a tenth of what Walter Smith meant? And that wasn't much.

Gerrard and Lampard are in jobs not because they did the hard yards somewhere. They are in jobs for their name value as players. Both have everything to prove. I wish one of them well.

Backroom staff is key. Think he's brought in some genuine quality mixed with experience at the top top level.

While Frank will have final say, he'll be listening to everyone especially Clement.

I'd say it's a punt right now in the situation we're in. But long term could be exactly what we need. A young manager, great experienced support, opportunity to build.

We'd be stupid to hound him out if progress is being made on the pitch with an identity, a style, a functioning youth academy. I've even said before...if that means being midtable while this happens as we build, so be it.
Paul Clement is an impressive figure. His presence alone gives me confidence that Lampard is surrounding himself with top professionals...and Duncan.

I’m amazed that this stuck-up lanky streak of pish allows his kids to wear shirts from the common peoples game! I thought he’d have them dressed in posh replica polo club shirts or ‘rugger’ shirts at the very least.
Rees-Mogg's grandfather was a lorry driver. Don't be fooled by this drawbridge-retracting sociopath.

"Comparable with Slippy's" - true, but a title in Scotland means, what, about a tenth of what Walter Smith meant? And that wasn't much.

Gerrard and Lampard are in jobs not because they did the hard yards somewhere. They are in jobs for their name value as players. Both have everything to prove. I wish one of them well.
Can’t disagree with that. I’ve no doubt their names and standing in the game have got them these jobs. My point was people are maybe rightly questioning lampard’s appointment based on his managerial experience and I compared it to Gerrard’s who the press are gushing over. Time will tell if it was the right appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back