2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like Frank’s man management of Iwobi, seems to have really responded since he arrived,

Was thinking this myself mate, apart from DCL i think hes getting the maximum out of everyone, when i look around the team hes improved almost every player.

In some ways i think the next four are tricky fixtures and im curious to see how he plays them, i think we always do well when our backs are against the wall and in a lot of ways the UTD, Mordor and Chelsea game suits us as the games themselves dictated the game plan. Where i think we often struggle is when we have to be on the front foot and have the initive. Im really interested to see whether Frank took some learnings out of the Utd, Chelsea, and Mordor game. We've done well on containment and the counter......

Have to say credit to Frank, i thought he might try the pocession thing through the lines in the last four games - which is how i think hes naturally inclined, but hes set us up a different way which shows adaptability, flexibility, variance and self awareness.

Wow, a rare journalist on his side.

Let's be honest though, only now are we getting to averaging a point per game in Lampard's time here, which is what Benitez was getting.

Yes, I know it was worse than that in the weeks before Benitez was sacked, but we didn't pile up near enough points in February and March under Lampard and it's left us here now.

Again though: form right now is what matters. Burnley found some and Leeds are, I believe, going to be winless in 4 games after their next 2 fixtures and will go into a slump right at the moment they dont want it. We have a mixed bag of results in the last 5 games and need to build on good performances in 3 of the last 4 games.

Let's be honest though, only now are we getting to averaging a point per game in Lampard's time here, which is what Benitez was getting.

Yes, I know it was worse than that in the weeks before Benitez was sacked, but we didn't pile up near enough points in February and March under Lampard and it's left us here now.

Again though: form right now is what matters. Burnley found some and Leeds are, I believe, going to be winless in 4 games after their next 2 fixtures and will go into a slump right at the moment they dont want it. We have a mixed bag of results in the last 5 games and need to build on good performances in 3 of the last 4 games.

That figure is highly inflated by the first 5 games.

It's not fake with him either Dario, he's invested in it. He's fighting for his own personal pride because he won't want to be the one known for taking Everton Football Club down. He's in a corner and where he was just trying to land haymakers when he first came now he's trying to be a bit more tactical and savvy whilst still retaining the desire.

Best thing he done was call these players out by asking if they've got the bollocks for a fight after that Palace embarrassment. Looks like kt may have just hit a nerve with some of them and it's sunk in that they won't play for a bigger or better club than Everton.

Iwobi (whilst still not looking like a 35m player) looks like a completely different player. Surely one of the first names on the team sheet atm. He's pushing Gordon so hard, making him work 90 minutes. He took his time with Mykolenko and we are just starting to see the fruits.

He stays, give him time, let him build something and we'll 100% be right behind him and drive the team on if they show commitment and desire, the quality and good football will soon come.

He’s improved most of the players. I mean a lot of them are complete rubbish and there’s only so much you can do with them but he’s found the bits of quality in the squad. Mykolenko, Pickford, Gordon, Iwobi, even Delph are playing the best football they’ve ever played at Everton. Richarlison is working so hard for him and the team. Even Gray is starting to out a shift in now. Holgate is getting better, Coleman seems to have cut some of the errors. Allan is looking more like his old self.

Makes such a difference seeing a team fighting rather than the sloppy one floating through games making error after error that we saw all mid season

I think I sort of said that.
You did.

The other thing which can’t be under estimated is the magnitude of injuries throughout the season.

Benitez did well when he had a full and fit squad. He failed when the injuries kicked in.

Lampard has struggled with injuries, but now most of tgeckeybolayersxard fit and available our results and performances are improving.

You did.

The other thing which can’t be under estimated is the magnitude of injuries throughout the season.

Benitez did well when he had a full and fit squad. He failed when the injuries kicked in.

Lampard has struggled with injuries, but now most of tgeckeybolayersxard fit and available our results and performances are improving.
Spot on.

We were under 1 ppg under Benitez though mate, and actually our points ratio would have probably already seen us relegated.

He also had an entire summer to plan and inherited a stable squad, not one bereft of confidence.

Lampard has taken a bit of time to begin to get his message across. There's probably an argument that it got worse before it got better, but we are now improving. Whether it's enough until the end of the season, we will see.

You did.

the key players

We were under 1 ppg under Benitez though mate, and actually our points ratio would have probably already seen us relegated.

He also had an entire summer to plan and inherited a stable squad, not one bereft of confidence.

Lampard has taken a bit of time to begin to get his message across. There's probably an argument that it got worse before it got better, but we are now improving. Whether it's enough until the end of the season, we will see.
No mate. Here's the table when he was sacked:

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.15.30.png

Played 19 and 19 points

You did.

Injuries have been a huge problem at this club for a very long time. People have offered lots of solutions but we will only fix the problem by changing the playing squad. There are too many players with recurring muscle issues and not enough commitment across the squad to play through knocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.